hulika

Author Topic: Shoegazer music  (Read 27989 times)

Offline bengz

Re: Shoegazer music
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 03:24:12 AM »
what pedals would you prefer sa shoegaze? thanks
ulol

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 06:11:32 AM »
what pedals would you prefer sa shoegaze? thanks

An array of either digital or analog delays (one for short and one for long settings...learned this trick from old Joe Satriani pedal diagrams though), a tremolo pedal, harmonic or poly-octave generators, chorus, and phase.  A looper pedal would really be great too.

I personally use Digitech delays, an Electro Harmonix Pulsar tremolo, a Boss CH1 chorus, and an Electro Harmonix POG. 

I'd love to add a Moogerfooger ring mod and a Line 6 looper pedal someday.  Right now, I'm saving up for an Electro Harmonix guitar micro-synth.

...and a Shure SM57 to record amps and vocals  :wink:

Offline bengz

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 08:43:13 PM »
hmmmm.. thanks sir! im planning to record kase pero for personal stuff lang. mahal pla ng mga pedals na to. mukang ma dedelay ang dream ko ah hehehe
ulol

Offline rubix cube

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »

TUBBY TROUSERS PRODUCTIONS
presents
"CHEMICAL CHORDS GALORE"
AUGUST 7, THURSDAY .

@6UNDERGROUND, PEARL DRIVE ORTIGAS
CANDYAUDIOLINE(shoegaze)
CARNIVAL PARK -(indiepop)
WEEDISNEYS - (shoegaze )

ENTRANCE IS ONLY 100BUX! WITH FREE BEER!!!!

fatgotpunk.multiply.com
asasaasasasasasasasasa

Offline rjthemute

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 02:39:55 PM »
hmmmm.. thanks sir! im planning to record kase pero for personal stuff lang. mahal pla ng mga pedals na to. mukang ma dedelay ang dream ko ah hehehe

Kung may computer at interface ka na, maraming software na pwedeng gamitin to do a lot of stuff, plug-in effects, amp and effect sims, etc. Guitarrig ata yung sikat na isa

Offline bengz

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »
sir deadwing anong banda nyo po?
ulol

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 12:08:05 AM »
sir deadwing anong banda nyo po?

Wala akong banda ngayon.  Yung soundscape project ko ngayon, more along the lines of studio stuff.

Offline lennon_reincarnate

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2008, 11:04:19 AM »
saan nga ulit ang 6underground? exact address nga dyan...

my bloody valentine's loveless is considered the ultimate shoegaze album..

philspector wall of noise pop sound ginawa dito ni kevin shields...slowdive is great too.hinahaluan na nila ng kunting dubang tugtog nila...and radiodept..wow..i wanted you to feel the same...just wow...

***nga pala, baka may kilala kayo dyan naghahanap kabanda na gusto magindiepop/newwave/tweepop? refer nyo naman.PM me.preferably sana girl.pero oks din kahit ano gender.basta marunong humawak instrumento.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2008, 03:07:47 AM »
shoegaze kasi they dont move around that much di ba?atmospheric yung music,ambient mga ganun.guitars layered with effects at most importantly......

they gaze at thier shoes! :-D

correct me if im wrong.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline karlo

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2008, 06:44:35 PM »
Got to see M83 last night.  It was one of the most fantastic evenings in my 15 years of seeing shows.  I never thought I'd see the possibilities of keyboards and analog synths playing parts conventionally done by guitars plugged into delay and tremolo pedals.  It was so loud, the drummer had to be enclosed in a fiberglass shield so that he could hear the click track going off in his headphones.
---

Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 11:11:20 AM »
support the indiepop/shoegaze scene in the [strawberry]!
mejo naapektuhan lang kasi ako na almost walang audience nung buzznite last monday.it was my first buzznite.and softpillow kisses, candyaudioline and even Dale Marquez played! it was  a great great show.too bad wala masyadong witness.
curious lang ako since rami naman mahilig, pero di naman sumusuporta.

sept 8 ang sunod na buzznite sa mayrics.
di pa complete line up
but do come.

sayang naman kung puro foriegn papakinggan natin e rami ding magagaling dito.

yes, respect the classics...
but then,
respect the others who's keeping the fire aflame.
mas mahirap ginagawa nila.
for the love of music.
the least we can do is to support them.

hehe.sensya sa drama.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 01:16:38 PM »

sayang naman kung puro foriegn papakinggan natin e rami ding magagaling dito.

yes, respect the classics...
but then,
respect the others who's keeping the fire aflame.
mas mahirap ginagawa nila.
for the love of music.
the least we can do is to support them.

hehe.sensya sa drama.

Hi.  Good luck sa mga effort nyo diyan.  I would go if I was out there in The Philippines.  More power, man!

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2008, 12:29:05 AM »
Speaking of Pinoy acts--of all places I heard this band, it had to be at Seattle-based radio station KEXP.  Moscow Olympics seem to be making waves over here in the US, yet I've barely got any idea where these guys play or how they even managed to get folks in the western world to listen to their music.  I just got their mini-LP called Cut The World in the mail yesterday.  If you like bands like Radio Dept or New Order when they play Ceremony, this should be up your alley.

Support the locals!

Check niyo na lang sila sa myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/moskva80

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2008, 01:06:36 AM »
Also, check out this trance-inducing live version of My Bloody Valentine's To Here Knows When as recorded during their performance at the Fuji Music Festival in Japan recently--hair raising to say the least. 

I really hate it that I couldn't even get to see them play nowhere near my neighborhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DEnwUAzPG4

Offline karlo

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 01:40:04 PM »
Got to see M83 last night.  It was one of the most fantastic evenings in my 15 years of seeing shows.  I never thought I'd see the possibilities of keyboards and analog synths playing parts conventionally done by guitars plugged into delay and tremolo pedals.  It was so loud, the drummer had to be enclosed in a fiberglass shield so that he could hear the click track going off in his headphones. 

Anthony Gonzalez is my hero.

I love the look of Anthony's home-made analog synth

wuh! anlapit nyo sa stage! i would kill for the chance haha. what songs did they play? anything off dead cities and the first album?

if they play anywhere remotely near the Philippines like singapore, im there like that *
Macbook Pro | HP DV7 | Ableton Suite 8.4 | Reason 6.5 | Traktor Pro 2.5 | Reaper 4.22 | Komplete Audio 6 & A8DJ | VoiceLive Classic & Touch | Xone 92r | X-Station 61 | Breedlove Atlas

Love Never Dies

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 08:41:40 AM »
despite the rain,buzznite last monday was a blast!

my band "Your Imaginary Friends" played our fist gig on that event. :mrgreen:

and we were in for a treat kasi yung pioneers ng pinoy shoegaze kasabay namin!

SONNET58
CANDYAUDIOLINE
SOFTPILLOWKISSES

watch out for the next BUZZNITE on the 2nd week of October. 8-)

*hey dead wing, thanx! hope we got more guys like you in the country who wouldnt hesistate to support their own kababayans.
have heard of moscow olympics but have not seen them play yet.
heard they have great songs.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:38 AM »
Lennon, I'd love to hear some of your band's stuff if you've got any.  More power to you and your group.

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
i have one song recorded in a different band name.i have to bands.
the pepsi paloma experiment do rocknroll with a twist of new wave.
and my new band do indiepop/alternative.

check: www.myspace.com/thepepsipalomaexperiment

the songs there: pyrotechnics is classic ppx.
spaceman is a solo effort and will be a ppx song.not sure though if it goes with our sound.
and check LIZA.that's my baby.that's the Your Imaginary friends' sound.

tell me what you think.

Offline karlo

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 04:19:42 PM »
San ba yung pinaka "base" ng shoegaze sa metro? Where do these bands usually play?

And since related sya in a way, is there any sort of noise/drone scene here in the Philippines?

also, i like the techy romantics. it's not shoegaze but some of their slow songs have that "cupid comes" walking down a cold rainy road on thursday nyt kind of vibe. recc'd!!!

they do gigs at rory's cafe in katips i think.

Love Never Dies

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 08:14:52 PM »
valenzuela city ang alam ko karamihan nanggaling.
 wow got me curious.want to hear techy romantics.

attend ka mayrics.once a month, they do buzznite.yun yung official na production na karamihan drone/shoegaze/tweepop/indiepop.

si clem ng the camerawalls naman, meron syang popshoppe sa gweilos, makati every wed.indiepop at britpop and occasional shoegaze naman dun.

strange geometry sa route 196 and tubby trousers production Kublais katipunan sila mamaya!) ang ibang productions na sumusuporta naman sa mga tugtugang trip natin.

Offline karlo

« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »
Anyone into "shoegaze metal"?

Really into Jesu and Alcest right now...

Perfect dying music

Love Never Dies

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »
I saw Jesu co-headline with Sunn 0))) last November.  I had to bring earplugs.

This may tie-in with the post-rock thread, the opener of the show for that evening was Eluvium.

I was closer in location to bassist Diarmuid Dalton in this photo of the band live

Offline los

« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2008, 03:49:25 AM »
I saw Jesu co-headline with Sunn 0))) last November.  I had to bring earplugs.

This may tie-in with the post-rock thread, the opener of the show for that evening was Eluvium.

I was closer in location to bassist Diarmuid Dalton in this photo of the band live

---

[strawberry] i love this band, def top three ever personally. buti ka pa!

kakaingit naman kayo  :cry:

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2008, 06:50:38 AM »
If it's any consolation, los...you guys have a really good chance of being invited to some international music festival and actually get to share the backstage with famous bands. 

Plus you don't have to slave away at a 9-5 like the rest of us drones to pay for concert tickets.  Like Chris Rock recently said, "Some people have careers, other people have jobs."  You have a darn good career. :-D

Offline frizky

• Netizen Level
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2008, 11:48:30 AM »
san city and state ka sir?