hulika

Author Topic: Flying High  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« on: April 01, 2006, 03:13:39 PM »
..here's a laid back tune I just finished
....becomes heavy in the end...

...used a $99 Behringer Vamp 2 and $149 Ibanez Gio
check it out....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=389019&songID=3726408
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 04:16:30 PM »
Kicka$$! Padala mo naman sa akin yung mp3 nyan please. Ang ganda eh.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:43:29 PM »
of course ,Bart.....anything for you. :D

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 12:18:32 AM »
I felt like having the adventure of flying thru the clouds with birds and then looking down and reflecting on the world we know from below. :D
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 05:20:17 AM »
galing talaga!

retrong retro ang dating sa kin...take me to the time na being on acid is cool! hehe

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 05:52:26 AM »
Man! Si Phil, nag shred out. Hanep! Ganda ng harmonizing. Meron pang sweeping. Gleng gleng =D>

Phil, Monkey Drums ang gamit mo?

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 02:57:47 AM »
Mark,
thats a really nice compliment from you, bro. thank you so much.

Sonny,
hehehehehe......eto yung kanta sabi ko na while I was trying to finish composing a song.....nanganak ng isang song...etong yung song na to.

Dan,
thanks.....the last part was inspired from "Markflo getting a Laney amp."

...it made me think how I love Paul Gilbert's tone and TRIED doing some 80's heavy metal riffs in the end.

....yes I only use betamonkey acoustic drum loops.

As of know...I am still suffereing from motion sickness ....from that MFing "Space Mountain" ride. (went di Disneyland yesterday).

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 09:08:46 AM »
Hehe, that's what you have to do when your a daddy, soccer, karate, roller coaster rides, hehe :lol:  

What program do you use to arrange your drum patterns with?

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Flying High
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 09:17:39 AM »
Phil, curiuos ako, did you always play like this, like 5 years ago? I mean its amazing coz you still have that fire in you. 8)
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 09:25:33 AM »
Quote from: SDMF
Phil, curiuos ako, did you always play like this, like 5 years ago? I mean its amazing coz you still have that fire in you. 8)

Hearing him play, you here the fire in him. Watching him play, man, you will actually see the smoke coming out of his fingers =D>  For a guitar player hobbyist, he's one heck of a perfectionist.

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Flying High
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 09:28:46 AM »
Curious ako, kasi family man na sya diba? But still, there's no sign that he's slowing down...Sana pag ako may pamilya na, ma-maintain ko rin ung momentum ko sa music. :)
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 10:20:47 AM »
Quote from: stratman1

Hearing him play, you here the fire in him. Watching him play, man, you will actually see the smoke coming out of his fingers =D>  For a guitar player hobbyist, he's one heck of a perfectionist.
SIRA!!!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 10:58:49 AM »
Curious ako, kasi family man na sya diba? But still, there's no sign that he's slowing down...Sana pag ako may pamilya na, ma-maintain ko rin ung momentum ko sa music. :)

Okay here's my story.....

Year mid to late 80s :
(mullet haircut....earings....well a little Sex,Drugs,and Rock n roll)
After I heared "Always with me always with you" that made me love GUITAR MUSIC and started my CLOSET GUITAR CAREER....no training whatsover....I started reading guitarplayer, guitarworld, and practiced what I could find. I SUCKED as a lead guitar player....pentatonic...used index and ring finger only....I was a vocalist sa banda and didn't really had the chance to do lead guitar. I think being a vocalist trained my ears A LOT....remember the time "SEPRA"? I had to to that too.....have to do everything by ear.

Early 90s, got married (1995)....stopped band...last gig was Bohol.....no music whatsover...didn't listen to it...no interest in it.....had a son and Dad died(1996).....nothing.....just work....work...work...then migrated...1998.

2004 (California), got invited to this family party,

I saw a Fender Squire in the garage of the owner, played it and got hooked again. After 6 months, decided to buy an Ibanez Gio and a cheap S.S from Musicians Friend........this was when I realized that even with simple gears WHEN setup right ....you can learn and REALLY PLAY. I started back to where I was almost 14 years ago ...when I was in high school...conitinuation of my being a guitar closet player.....all those stuff came back...but now I'm using all of my fingers...the fretboard was like piano keys to me....I was so amazed why guitar playing was so so so easy.....then I had to learn everything again...but this time, it was easier.....really easy....the DRIVE and HUNGER was back. I feel young as a guitar player again. I got bitten by GAS....bought effects.....then bought first tube amp CARVIN MTS3212 combo....GAS GAS GAS...power tubes, preamp tubes, Legacy, speakers, guitars, and you know the story. I'm still learning and learning.....just time management.

To me making music, is like telling my life story, my experience. It's differnet now.....if this happened to me when I was in H.S, I'd be in music just to show off ..."Look I'm fast, I'm really good"...."Hear  me play and be amazed."...but thats not the case. It happened to me when I'm already in the ripe age....married for 9 years...I already have a a son in 4th grade. Making music now is like sharing and writing experiences of my life. I'm not in it for money and popularity. I'm in it for me and my family. It relaxes me to play and make music(STRESS RELIEF). I'm recording these songs for my son and wife....if I do pass away...it will be there's to keep and share to everybody and the next generation.
 :D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 11:04:56 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Hehe, that's what you have to do when your a daddy, soccer, karate, roller coaster rides, hehe :lol:  

What program do you use to arrange your drum patterns with?

Cakewalk Sonar 2 PE lang pre....drag and drop.

I usually assign a track for the fill....another one for the main groove...another one for...intro....you know, it's easy when you get used to it.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 12:33:14 PM »
Cho, naiskor mo ba yung Jekyll and Hyde?

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 12:36:02 PM »
Quote from: BP_Lizard
Cho, naiskor mo ba yung Jekyll and Hyde?
check mo gmail me pre

...wala....no word  yet from that guy.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 12:38:26 PM »
Yes! Saleymhat.

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Flying High
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 07:18:20 AM »
Quote from: Phil

Year mid to late 80s :
After I heared "Always with me always with you" that made me love GUITAR MUSIC and started my CLOSET GUITAR CAREER....no training whatsover....I started reading guitarplayer, guitarworld, and practiced what I could find. I SUCKED as a lead guitar player....pentatonic...used index and ring finger only....I was a vocalist sa banda and didn't really had the chance to do lead guitar. I think being a vocalist trained my ears A LOT....remember the time "SEPRA"? I had to to that too.....have to do everything by ear.

Early 90s, got married (1995)....stopped band...last gig was Bohol.....no music whatsover...didn't listen to it...no interest in it.....had a son and Dad died(1996).....nothing.....just work....work...work...then migrated...1998.

I saw a Fender Squire in the garage of the owner, played it and got hooked again. After 6 months, decided to buy an Ibanez Gio and a cheap S.S from Musicians Friend........this was when I realized that even with simple gears WHEN setup right ....you can learn and REALLY PLAY. I started back to where I was almost 14 years ago ...when I was in high school...conitinuation of my being a guitar closet player.....all those stuff came back...but now I'm using all of my fingers...the fretboard was like piano keys to me....I was so amazed why guitar playing was so so so easy.....then I had to learn everything again...but this time, it was easier.....really easy....the DRIVE and HUNGER was back. I feel young as a guitar player again. I got bitten by GAS....bought effects.....then bought first tube amp CARVIN MTS3212 combo....GAS GAS GAS...power tubes, preamp tubes, Legacy, speakers, guitars, and you know the story. I'm still learning and learning.....just time management.

To me making music, is like telling my life story, my experience. It's differnet now.....if this happened to me when I was in H.S, I'd be in music just to show off ..."Look I'm fast, I'm really good"...."Hear  me play and be amazed."...but thats not the case. It happened to me when I'm already in the ripe age....married for 9 years...I already have a a son in 4th grade. Making music now is like sharing and writing experiences of my life. I'm not in it for money and popularity. I'm in it for me and my family. It relaxes me to play and make music(STRESS RELIEF). I'm recording these songs for my son and wife....if I do pass away...it will be there's to keep and share to everybody and the next generation.

like riding a bike...you never really forget.  :wink:

It really inspiring when you discover the humanity of a good artist. 8)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 02:26:23 PM »

Year mid to late 80s :

like riding a bike...you never really forget.  :wink:

It really inspiring when you discover the humanity of a good artist. 8)
thanks SDMF...BTW...whats your real name? SDMF sounds so abbreviated and non-personal. :wink:

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »
SDMF - Society Dwelling Mother F*cker  :evil:
from Zakk Wylde BLS

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Flying High
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2006, 12:51:43 AM »
hehehe! its michael. pano ang dami kapareho eh..para maiba naman. :lol:

Offline levitate

Flying High
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2006, 10:16:46 AM »
Great track Pareng Phil!!..
The harmonies are dreamy fantastic and right on the money playaaahh!!..haha!
Love this tune bro.  :D

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Flying High
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2006, 10:19:31 AM »
Quote from: levitate
thanks Len..

..don't forget that picking style video....hehehehe

Offline levitate

Flying High
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2006, 10:35:54 AM »
Quote from: levitate
thanks Len..

..don't forget that picking style video....hehehehe

Surely do Pareng Phil! Pramis. :)
Pag nakasingit ako kay misis sa pc.
Addict kase sa sims yun.
Hehehe.