hulika

Author Topic: what's dime's stuff?except for his guitars ha(",)  (Read 2022 times)

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
what's dime's stuff?except for his guitars ha(",)
« on: April 08, 2006, 11:07:45 PM »
hi guys! im fixxing my things up this morning and i sew my pantera tapes. till now, dime's signature tone puzzles me. any idea what r his stuffs? (except his war guitars!) thnx a lot! 8)
ahhh.. cege pa koya! agoy!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2006, 11:14:54 PM »
Well, his guitar (as you know), wah, mxr distortion, mxr eq, Randall amp... and... the most important of all... the long red colored beard/gotee which gives him super metal power, hahaha!!!! :lol:

Offline kanshooter

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 11:16:59 PM »
Digitech Whammy and a cold coffin.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 11:21:24 PM »
Kelan ba siya nagumpisang gumamit ng KRANK amps, nung nasa Damage Plan na ba siya?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 11:24:56 PM »
Dimebag Washburns and Dean guitars, Dunlop wah, Randall Rg100H heads before he went with Warheads and, eventually, Krank amps during the Damageplan period, and Bill Lawrence L-500XLs in the bridge pickup position flipped around so the half of the bridge pickup that is supposed to be on the neck side is facing the bridge. apparently. Dime did this to accentuate the mids on his resulting tone, kinda like permanently having the wah on slightly half-way, he once said.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 11:25:15 PM »
Quote from: stratman1
Well, his guitar (as you know), wah, mxr distortion, mxr eq, Randall amp... and... the most important of all... the long red colored beard/gotee which gives him super metal power, hahaha!!!! :lol:

i think he's using furman pqr! hehe.. pero ok sya ha! metal na metal! thnx for d comment! i appreciate it! 8)

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 11:29:01 PM »
Quote from: abyssinianson
Dimebag Washburns and Dean guitars, Dunlop wah, Randall Rg100H heads before he went with Warheads and, eventually, Krank amps during the Damageplan period, and Bill Lawrence L-500XLs in the bridge pickup position flipped around so the half of the bridge pickup that is supposed to be on the neck side is facing the bridge. apparently. Dime did this to accentuate the mids on his resulting tone, kinda like permanently having the wah on slightly half-way, he once said.

wow! never heard bout that stuff! thnx sir for d comment! 8)

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 11:46:20 PM »
Dime's rig(from Guitargeek.com):

For more info about Dime's stuff you can also go to the Dean Forum:

http://www.deanguitars.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=7631d359ea4660dcda6b8127b2e61dcf

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2006, 12:19:19 AM »
i forgot about the WH-1:) i forgot that dime and tom morello are rabid fans of that pedal.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2006, 11:03:46 AM »
yah! he's addicted to that whammy pedal! i thing more guys, d u guys have any idea what harmonizer he's using?