hulika

Author Topic: What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?  (Read 50774 times)

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2013, 11:47:59 AM »
kung hindi ginagamit sa loob ng katawan ng Panginoon Hesu Kristo hindi pwede ilagay ang
 ang tag na " christian music ". pwede siguro" religious rock/metal/hardcore music."

read back!

this thread was originally POSTED in rock and roll thread, where people do not preach!
we were talking about music and faith, and how we see music as a Christian
this is not about your religion!
this is not about your church!
this is not about your lolo and lola!

please do some back reading!

and the thread's very clear 

since wala na to sa rock and roll thread, IM OUT!

thanks  xelly!
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline mayok

• Netizen Level
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2013, 04:22:23 PM »
 :) sir peace.
we were talking exactly about music and faith, and how we see music as a Christian= followers of Christ.
    and we are in the Gospel and Praise forum . so an avenue for religious music thought
    and in this topic about, "What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?"
     and my  thought if it is not use inside the church it should not be called Christian music . pwede siguro" spiritual  rock/metal/hardcore music."

Offline Xelly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »
:) sir peace.
we were talking exactly about music and faith, and how we see music as a Christian= followers of Christ.
    and we are in the Gospel and Praise forum . so an avenue for religious music thought
    and in this topic about, "What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?"
     and my  thought if it is not use inside the church it should not be called Christian music . pwede siguro" spiritual  rock/metal/hardcore music."

Walang problema bro I respect your stand. :-)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:02:15 PM by Xelly »

Offline kdrexr

« Reply #228 on: August 01, 2013, 02:45:15 AM »
Wow nice thread

lets see.. IMO/for me..

What do you think of Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music?

Ayos na ayos! :D

My playlist goes like this:

When medidating, praying, praise and worship:

hillsong, planetshakers, casting crowns, matt redman, chris tomlin, bethel music and many more.

When having a good mood and would like to relax:

sanctus real, kutless, mercyme, david crowder, newsboys, seventh day slumber, and many more.

When under temptation of the enemy/ battle of the spirit and flesh:

red, decyfer down, disciple, demon hunter, oh sleeper, phinehas, etc.

God Bless Bros/Sis
Love God, Love People, Make History.

Offline UNIVERSAL_MODERATOR

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #229 on: August 01, 2013, 11:44:32 AM »
Christian Rock

Tanong: saka lang ba ako nagiging Christian pag nasa loob ako ng Church?
                kaya dapat ba for church lang ang Christian Rock?

habang tumatakbo ang panahon mas lalong dumarami ang taong hindi nagkaka interes sa Dios, naagaw kasi ng ibat ibang interes gaya ng, mas masarap tumambay sa Tropa, mas masarap dumiskarte sa crush mo, mas masarap gumimik, inuman with workmates, online games..

ang laging takbo ng tao sa sarili nya hindi naman patuwid eh...
kung paano mas yayaman pa, ma popromote s trabaho, paano magkakaroon ng bagay na gusto nila... alam lang nila my Dios, hanggang dun lang, pero ung interes sa mga gawain pang DIOS patay na patay (parang ako)...

Hindi ba mas-dapat pa ngang  ilabas ang Christian Songs? para naambunan din ang mga tao at nakakapag isip-isip sa kababuyang nagagawa nila?...  pwede namang gumawa ng kanta ung tipong napapa isip yung tao sa masamang gawain nya.. wag mo lang idamay pangalan ng religion mo pag ggwa ka ng ganung songs...

Yung kanta ni Bassilyo=Lord Ptawad? maganda meaning ng kanta, kaso ang Baho lang ng Music Video... hindi sya rock... pero pwede nman maging ganun pag sa Christian Rock diba?
siguro wag lang tipo ng Christian Rock na pang Head-Bangan tulakan at nagiging wild na taga pakinig mo.. parang babuyan at bastusan na kc pag ganun...

Pero wag naman ilalabas mo pa yung mga songs of praise dedicated para s religion mo at dedicated lang pag tuwing sunday.... iba na kasi yun....

« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 10:58:54 PM by UNIVERSAL_MODERATOR »

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #230 on: August 01, 2013, 11:48:55 PM »
if Jesus Himself is sitting in the front row of a concert where people can play their music, i would play the Hallelujah chorus with a Metal rendition.

King David danced when he was able to retrieve the Ark of the Covenant and for some, he looked like a fool.  if the Spirit in you tells you to play the music of your preference to express your faith, walang problema yun. if your church limits you from doing what the Spirits commands you, eh medyo pagisipan natin kung ano bang church yan.

rock n' scroll!

Offline kimpoy19

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2013, 09:47:40 PM »
i would like to share my opinions about hard or metal christian songs.

If you remember the song Healer which was in Hillsong? it is a powerful song that may lead you to extreme and high soul of worship. At the end, the singer/composer (forgot the name) is not telling the truth about himself, that his a cancer survivor, In the other hand he repent.

while Brian Welch is a former lead guitarist of Korn that turned to be christian still plays hard/metal music but if you see how he worship and delivers the message of truth is reflected in him.

Therefore, for me type of music is just a part. the very important is how the Holy Spirit lives in you and your desire to share the message of salvations.

God speed! Live a life for God.
drumming is my greatest way to praise the Lord!

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2013, 10:41:20 PM »
i would like to share my opinions about hard or metal christian songs.

If you remember the song Healer which was in Hillsong? it is a powerful song that may lead you to extreme and high soul of worship. At the end, the singer/composer (forgot the name) is not telling the truth about himself, that his a cancer survivor, In the other hand he repent.

while Brian Welch is a former lead guitarist of Korn that turned to be christian still plays hard/metal music but if you see how he worship and delivers the message of truth is reflected in him.

Therefore, for me type of music is just a part. the very important is how the Holy Spirit lives in you and your desire to share the message of salvations.

God speed! Live a life for God.

TAMA! :) :)  saka eto maganda article galing kay Ptr Ed Lapiz

Ang daming MYTHS about Christians:
"ANG CHRISTIAN, hindi kumakain nito, hindi umiinom noon, hindi mahilig sa ganitong activity, hindi nakikinig sa ganung music, hindi nanonood ng ganitong cine, hindi nagsusuot ng ganitong damit, etc. etc."

SINO ANG MAY SABI???

Most of those are just personal opinions or preferences.
WALANG IISANG CHRISTIAN TYPE OR PROTOTYPE. As many as there are Christians, there will be many types, tastes, degrees of spiritual maturity, outlooks, preferences, etc. It is oppressive to make everyone fit into one straightjacket designed by a few who try to Lord it over everyone else.

God is not a God of sameness but a God of variety. Instead of saying "Ang Christian, hindi kumakain ng ganito" just say "AKO, hindi kumakain ng ganyan kasi conviction ko." HUWAG I-IMPOSE SA IBA ANG PANINIWALA O PREFERENCE mo. Dyan nakakasakal ang ilang Christians. Gusto lahat sumunod sa style nila.

If they are a Christian metal na kahit na ung vocalist ng growl or scream..
it is still skill that came from God...
saka hardcore music is very uplifting...makes me agressive at work, I even listen to it sa mga gym workouts ko.. :-D
as a Believer of Christ we must to be agressive in life,  sa Matthew 11:12, Kingdom of God is forcefully advancing..
so we to must advance and be agressive in life... :-D
listening to this kind of music, really makes me motivated not to quit but to face challenges in life... :) :)

Offline kdrexr

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2013, 12:41:33 AM »
sir kimpoy19 and sir ron_rd57

"salute" very good point po  :-D

God Bless
Love God, Love People, Make History.

Offline Rageworx

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #234 on: August 10, 2013, 01:22:41 PM »
My input lang...

How do we Christians reach out to "metal" music listeners... It's with metal-sounding Gospel music. It's an avenue wherein they would relate to and they would have this idea na "meron palang ganun". Same goes with the Hip-hop (Rap), Ska, and other genres of Gospel music. Music is universal, what matters is yung message that we convey thru those that we play...  :-D
Pedals on Sale: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=273860.msg3741566#msg3741566
References: unoh, zyehj, alamat, BAMF, trem3, macrulez019, brown, Kenzu0911, lemon15, spliffbwoy, lmichiko, derekdecastro, kurtcobainer, progfather, metalheadz

Offline kimpoy19

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #235 on: August 10, 2013, 03:19:32 PM »
yeah...

As long as our heart is filled with the love of GOD, strengthened by our faith in Jesus Christ and our desire is to follow the great commission ok na ok yung. But syempre, we must put our music in proper places. :)

GOD BLESS. Pray to God for the revelations.  :)
drumming is my greatest way to praise the Lord!

Offline ozborne

« Reply #236 on: August 14, 2013, 02:30:49 PM »

opinion ku lang doon sa mga tumutugtog ng ganitong genre  " kung gusto natin mag play ng heavy rock play it loud and proud ipakita na natin ang galing at talento  sa ating instrumento.  Pero huwag nang gamitin ang katagang Christian metal.  para sa akin it is just heavy metal.      :cool:

"one is too many a thousand is not enough"

Offline kulitdavao

« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2013, 03:49:03 PM »
Para sa akin walang problema. Expression yun ng Banda or Artist. Banda sila in the first place.

Hardcore? Ok lang yun. Make it sure na galingan nila ang pagka gawa ng kanta. Ayusin ang letra at areglo.

Kung sa Diyos nila iniaalay ang kanta dapat The Best kahit na ano pang Genre.

2 cents lang po
Music + Jiu-Jitsu = Sarap

Offline Jhoseph

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2013, 06:29:08 PM »
All I can say is :

Christian Rock music? -- hmmm. Bantayan ang buhay ng mga nagpapatronize ng Christian rock music throughout their earthly lives. If they grew deep, strong and faithful to the Lord as they grow old despite severe trials, pain and testing without giving up, and if their lives bears fruit that is according to God's wod, and if their lives became channel of blessings to others - not a stumbling block... then its OK for me 100%!!!!

Satan is a master of disguise. He can appear to us like an angel in angel clothings. No wonder he can lead people astray into believing that we still follow God thru the Christian music by polluting its true escence by incorporating the Christian rock music into our church.

He can disguise Christian Rock music to induce his influence into our Christian life. How well can we say that we are strong against his viles and deceptions and remain true to God while indulging ourselves into earthly cravings for music that is tainted with Satanic melodies? God will be the judge, our conscience will be the witness.

Baka di natin namamalayan e yung iba pala sa mga Christian musicians ay Christian Rock star pag Sundays, pero during weekdays nakikinig na pala at avid fans ng mga Rock Stars tulad ni Curt Cobain, Queen, LED Zepellin and many more dahil nga inspirations nila ang Rock music.

Baka rin yung ibang mga Christian Rock music na tinutugtog at pinapakingan ng mga kapatid nating rakista ay di naman talaga nagle lead ng deep and true relationship with the Lord, but just enhancing their emotions and devotions to Christian rock music. Pansin lang kasi ng marami e yung ibang mga Christian Rock music di naman malinaw ang lyrics ng kanta, yung iba nga e parang puro sigaw na lang.

Offline uncle_itlog

« Reply #239 on: August 27, 2013, 12:27:10 AM »
What I think is that Christian Rock / Metal / Hardcore Music or even the CCMA are hypocritical. I also don't buy the "para makapag-convert ng mga rakista at metalheads" alibi. My opinion is that it's all about money (because it's show business) and self-elation. I don't mean to offend anyone, opinion ko lang po ang lahat.

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2013, 01:33:33 AM »

-mema

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline kulitdavao

« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »
Di natin kaya hatulan at makikita ang laman ng puso. Rakista nga pero worshiper naman. Hillsong nga ang tugtugan pero pasikat at sarili ang tinataas.

May magandang story sa Bible

Luke 18:9-14

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”
Music + Jiu-Jitsu = Sarap

Offline Jhoseph

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »
Many psychologist believes that (many - not all) metal and rock music induces hates, depressions, discontent and many other negative attitudes & characters. Early rock/metal music has backward meanings (discover it using backward masking) that plunge into the subliminal minds of the listener.

but Of course, this topic will never produce and proclaim any winner from either side. Parang kwentong barbero ito about "alin ang nauna, itlog o manok?"

Both sides has a good point of view but at the same time, had a loopholes in it.. there goes the dilemna.

ex: To evangelize the rakista.. you must become a rakista too. (wait sabi ng mga pilosopo: ibig bang sabihin, para ma-evangelize ang mga prostitute, you should become a prostitute too? to evangelize the killers, should we must be a killer too?)

Some said: E di ba nga si Kristo, para mailigtas nya ang mga tao naging tao din sya? At para ma-evangelize nya ang mga sinners, prostitutes at tax collectors e nakisalamuha siya sa mga ito? -- Aba, 100% tama nga naman. Pero teka, as we follow the story, Jesus never became a tax-collector nor committed a sin and did not hire a prostitute. Instead, the tax-collector has chaged. (Mary Magdalene quit being a prosti.) --- there was a CHANGe that happened.

Everybody is entitled to experience this genre whether we like it or not. God is patient and understanding. Having said so, there may have a small percentage of TRUTH na may mga Christian Rock music na naging instrumento para ma-convert ang isang tao and may continue to follow and practice Christian rock musics within a period of his/her life, but eventually, gradually and slowly his  passion for rock music will cease and SHOULD cease.

Why?

- Like a caterpillar that encased itself into a cocoon, sooner or later, it will morph. As a creature that turned into a beautiful butterfly, once it looks back to its former life it should see and realize how ugly it is being a 'kadiring uod'

The Bible itself gives us the clue: Romans 12:2
"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.(NIV)"

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2013, 02:51:08 AM »

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline roei03

• Philmusicus Addictus
ang bumasa nito may t@e sa pwet!

Offline rednas

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2013, 05:23:49 PM »
Eto ang masasabi ni Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins) sa Christian Rock:

“The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.” - J.S. Bach

Music Furniture

Offline ron_rd57

• Veteran Member
« Reply #246 on: August 29, 2013, 03:25:31 AM »
haii nako ang daming mga legalistic na kristyano...
may nilagay ba sa bible patungkol sa secular music at sa Godly music? wala naman dba?
there are a lot of things na dapat pg focusan ng mga mananampalataya, tinutuon pa nila ung wala naman sa Bible..
saka Christian rock, dba mas okay na un kesa sa mga cnasabi nyo na secular music...tsk tsk...

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #247 on: August 29, 2013, 07:24:49 AM »
asus, tagal tagal ko na nakikinig sa Led Zep, Nirvana, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, kahit Black Metal pa pinapakinggan ko. di naman ako nagkakaproblema i-reconcile pagiging Christian ko at music na hilig ko.

different folks, different strokes.

I play their music but i don't have to live their lives...

Alien????

rock n' scroll!

Offline dtmateo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #248 on: August 29, 2013, 07:56:26 AM »
I play mostly pop, hard rock and heavy metal in one of my bands but I also have another band and we play original Christian songs.

I feel that hard rock and Christian lyrics don't mix well. When I listen to Christian rock bands I tend to just completely ignore the lyrics and just listen to the melody. It's like putting onion into ice cream.
Melody over speed anytime!

Offline ozborne

« Reply #249 on: August 31, 2013, 01:10:54 AM »
kunting idea lang.    yun rock and roll eh galing din sa gospel music at blues at iba ibang influences. si elvis din ay dating gospel singer bago naging king of rock n roll.   pero ngayon baligtad yun heavy metal ay naging Christian metal.
 Ang masasabi ko lang ok lang siguro yan sa mga bata pa dumaan naman tayo sa ganyang stage ng pagiging rockers pero sa pag mature ng ating age gayun din sa taste ng music nag iba din. kaya dyan nagkaiba ng pananaw ...  :-)
"one is too many a thousand is not enough"