hulika

Author Topic: Behringer Acoustic Modeller sample clips  (Read 3574 times)

Offline markflo

Behringer Acoustic Modeller sample clips
« on: March 07, 2006, 12:05:59 PM »
please excuse the cheap mic and micing...but here it is! The Behringer Acoustic Modeller! $20 bucks never sounded sweeter! hehehe...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=109306

check out "more than hwords" and "behringer demo

enjoy!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 12:35:03 PM »
behringer acoustic modeller? i was planning to make thread abou that one., ive seen that a modeler in cubao. you got for how much? $20? :shock:  the one i saw was 3,300php :? . hmmm... whered you get that?
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »
Sounds pretty good to me! :) Sir mark, what kinda guitar did you use? Did you plug your guitar straight to the acoustic modeller then to your amp? Did you scoop the mids of your amp? Sorry daming tanong..  :oops:

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 12:39:30 PM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas
behringer acoustic modeller? i was planning to make thread abou that one., ive seen that a modeler in cubao. you got for how much? $20? :shock:  the one i saw was 3,300php :? . hmmm... whered you get that?

3,300?? If im not mistaken, its selling for the same price as with the other stomps, for 1900 lang..

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 12:47:01 PM »
magkaiba and Acoustic DI and yung Acosutic Modeller  :D
\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline markflo

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 12:16:20 AM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas

i ordered it from www.music123.com free shipping in the US!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline markflo

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 12:22:36 AM »
Quote from: Machine_Head
Sounds pretty good to me! :) Sir mark, what kinda guitar did you use? Did you plug your guitar straight to the acoustic modeller then to your amp? Did you scoop the mids of your amp? Sorry daming tanong..  :oops:

hey! no problem! just wanted to share my cheap find. here's what i used.

MIM Strat stock EVERYTHING 4th position (5th being the bridge)
Peavey Transtube Bandit. (B:4 T:7 M:3) Bright switch on. T.Dynamics 10% (but it would sound better at 100% for pure solid state) Resonance: On.

Acoustic modeller (Level: 3o'clock; Enhance: 3o'clock; Res: 2o'clock

Note: After trying out at least 5 boss ac-2's owning 2 of them and this. I say this is a much superior sounding acoustic simulator. From what i have heard, these pedals (acoustic simulators) soudn much better with lower mids, raised highs and presence, bright switch on if available...and used with the 4th position of a strat or middle position of a les paul style guitar

hope this helps!

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 08:27:42 AM »
hmm.  ok. maybe ill just look for other modellers. mahal ditos a pinas.. pero siguro kaysa mag ship pa ko. from US.. ebay kay? hehe :D
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline levitate

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 08:32:30 AM »
Bossing Flo, you da man!!! playaaaa!!!

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »
Quote from: markflo
Quote from: Machine_Head

hey! no problem! just wanted to share my cheap find. here's what i used.

MIM Strat stock EVERYTHING 4th position (5th being the bridge)
Peavey Transtube Bandit. (B:4 T:7 M:3) Bright switch on. T.Dynamics 10% (but it would sound better at 100% for pure solid state) Resonance: On.

Acoustic modeller (Level: 3o'clock; Enhance: 3o'clock; Res: 2o'clock

Note: After trying out at least 5 boss ac-2's owning 2 of them and this. I say this is a much superior sounding acoustic simulator. From what i have heard, these pedals (acoustic simulators) soudn much better with lower mids, raised highs and presence, bright switch on if available...and used with the 4th position of a strat or middle position of a les paul style guitar

hope this helps!

I wonder how it will sound with my guitar. My guitar already sounds a bit "acousticy" in the middle position. It kinda sounds hollow and deep and fat. Man i gotta save up for one of these...

Sir Mark, have you tried recording with it straight to a pc without goin thru an amp? Im just curious, coz the amp might have more to do with the acoustic sound that you're getting.

Offline markflo

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 11:24:36 AM »
i'll post new clips tomorrow siguro...nagpromise nako sa asawa ko di ako hahawak ng gitara today eh...(well, after my guitar lessons...hehe)

i don't think it'll do well though...baka acoustic DI na kelangan diyan...oh well..hehehe...