hulika

Author Topic: HELP! ESP LTD Enthusiasts Need help authenticating an ESP LTDMH103QM  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Zerus

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Well I sold my LTD MH103QM to this guy from facebook and he's telling me to provide proof regarding the authenticity of the guitar. I already told him when we were negotiating that it came from Lyric but he insists that my guitar may be FAKE. He even told me chinese guitars are most considerably fake even after explaining that the low-end guitars are made in china, even epiphones make their guitars in china.

Photos of the LTD Here If you need more photos I am more than willing to provide.

Offline xaeroblade

• Forum Fanatic
Re: HELP! ESP LTD Enthusiasts Need help authenticating an ESP LTDMH103QM
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 12:21:01 AM »
Tell him to go f*ck himself  :lol:

Well galing sa Lyric yan kaya sure sa authenticity, and you are also correct that the entry level products are mostly made in China but that doesn't mean they are fake. Medyo may plano lang ata mamahiya yung napagbentahan mo or chances are iiscamin ka na tipong magppost pa sa fb na nagbebenta ka peke, may iilang ganyan e.
Bands: Project:Materia and

Offline david_leyson

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »
Well I sold my LTD MH103QM to this guy from facebook and he's telling me to provide proof regarding the authenticity of the guitar. I already told him when we were negotiating that it came from Lyric but he insists that my guitar may be FAKE. He even told me chinese guitars are most considerably fake even after explaining that the low-end guitars are made in china, even epiphones make their guitars in china.

Photos of the LTD Here If you need more photos I am more than willing to provide.

Please do tell him the truth that, cheap Chinese copies will not bother to put XJ Stainless Steel Frets(which is a pain in the ass to do) and expect a cheap nickel frets in it if it is fake and a pricey Floyd Rose Special for a fake guitar. and considering the carbon-coated cavities, it' ain't fake. I've owned an LTD MH-100QM which is the H-H variant for the MH-103QM. it ain't fake, go tell him that.
Faith Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.

Offline Zerus

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 03:10:21 PM »
Thank you philmusic community. Talagang the best place to ask is here rather than facebook. THANKS AGAIN!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:48:14 PM by Zerus »

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 07:35:18 PM »
Please do tell him the truth that, cheap Chinese copies will not bother to put XJ Stainless Steel Frets(which is a pain in the ass to do) and expect a cheap nickel frets in it if it is fake and a pricey Floyd Rose Special for a fake guitar. and considering the carbon-coated cavities, it' ain't fake. I've owned an LTD MH-100QM which is the H-H variant for the MH-103QM. it ain't fake, go tell him that.

You are correct with the frets being extra jumbo (XJ). But they're not stainless steel.

Even ESP Trucksters don't come with stainless steel frets,and that's already ESP. But they're extra jumbo, profile-wise.

They're still just nickel silver fretwires.

Regarding "carbon coated" cavities, it's common for most Asian (China, Indo, Korea, Vietnam, etc)  guitars to come with shielded cavities (shielding paint) or just plain flat black paint. It's really not much of a seal of authenticity.

However, the guitar is an authentic LTD for the reason that it came from an authorized distributor (Lyric).