hulika

Author Topic: The Stratocaster Thread  (Read 1183571 times)

Offline Gerrit

• Forum Fanatic
Re: The Stratocaster Thread
« Reply #5550 on: July 12, 2016, 07:36:33 PM »
I want to upgrade my bridge. What can you suggest?  My axe is a Fender American standard 1997 still with the original 2-point system bridge

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5551 on: July 13, 2016, 01:36:55 AM »
I want to upgrade my bridge. What can you suggest?  My axe is a Fender American standard 1997 still with the original 2-point system bridge

Babicz/ Hipshot/ Super-vee

Offline juliyeahn

• Netizen Level
« Reply #5553 on: January 18, 2017, 12:27:52 AM »
I'm thinking of purchasing a fender strat around 20k-28k max budget

After some searches I was led to look for a Japanese but can't decide which model to choose and what specs to look out for

Thoughts? Suggestions? Reviews?

P.S. My sibling is going to Japan this feb and I'm eyeing out a few strats from Ishibashi, but I still need some advice on this thanks!

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5554 on: January 18, 2017, 01:50:00 AM »

After some searches I was led to look for a Japanese but can't decide which model to choose and what specs to look out for

P.S. My sibling is going to Japan this feb and I'm eyeing out a few strats from Ishibashi, but I still need some advice on this thanks!

suggestion ko, kelangan ma feel mo muna lahat. weight, neck, the sound it produces, etc etc. That's the time you can tell that this *insert the brand name, model name, year it was made "strat" is what I need.  :wave:

If the case is you cannot fly to japan to buy the gear you want personally, go to our local stores and try to experience or test one.  :wave:
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5555 on: January 18, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »

Check out Alvin Nunez on FB. If you can make the trip to his place, you will be able to try a wide range of Japanese Fender Strats.

I personally favor MIJ (Fuji Gen Gakki) versus CIJ (Tokai Gakki / Dyna Gakki) but that's just me.
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5556 on: January 18, 2017, 07:41:36 PM »
suggestion ko, kelangan ma feel mo muna lahat. weight, neck, the sound it produces, etc etc. That's the time you can tell that this *insert the brand name, model name, year it was made "strat" is what I need.  :wave:

If the case is you cannot fly to japan to buy the gear you want personally, go to our local stores and try to experience or test one.  :wave:
+1 on this

@juliyeah

its difficult to recommend a particular model if you don't set expectations and have a preference in mind before the purchase.

also +1 with Alvin Nunez on facebook. He's got a good selection of fairly priced 2nd hand Fender Japan guitars.

go check them out personally, nothing beats that. I would say that still beats out asking your sibling to buy one for you without testing.

You gotta testdrive the car before buying it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:43:52 PM by shodawmoon »

Offline juliyeahn

• Netizen Level
« Reply #5557 on: January 18, 2017, 09:27:25 PM »
I have tried and tested a few american strats, some signatures, they all have drooling sounds. Sadly, does not fit my budget well.

I agree with testing them out, which is why I am hesitant in making my sibling make the purchase (since he plays the drum lol). But after looking at some review videos in youtube and other platforms, I cannot seem to single out a specific strat. Although I would really like something that has crunchy and bright tones, I am a bit into blues.

No preference in particular, yet, I am just looking for advice if someone found a particular strat very interesting and his/her personal opinion.

Nevertheless, thank you all for the responses will always keep them in mind.  :-D

P.S. If I were to make the purchase in japan, it would be a good solid P5 000 less than what I find here, which really makes me think since I can have it set-up, modded, etc the way I would like

Thoughts? Thank you for your responses!  :)

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5558 on: January 19, 2017, 06:19:57 AM »
I have tried and tested a few american strats, some signatures, they all have drooling sounds. Sadly, does not fit my budget well.

I agree with testing them out, which is why I am hesitant in making my sibling make the purchase (since he plays the drum lol). But after looking at some review videos in youtube and other platforms, I cannot seem to single out a specific strat. Although I would really like something that has crunchy and bright tones, I am a bit into blues.

No preference in particular, yet, I am just looking for advice if someone found a particular strat very interesting and his/her personal opinion.

Nevertheless, thank you all for the responses will always keep them in mind.  :-D

P.S. If I were to make the purchase in japan, it would be a good solid P5 000 less than what I find here, which really makes me think since I can have it set-up, modded, etc the way I would like

Buti pa go ahead and reach out to sir Alvin bro. From experience, I never really choose any of my guitars. The guitar will choose you. Haha.

And in terms of modding, if you find a guitar that sounds great and looks great regardless of the specs, minsan mas maganda pa to leave it as is. Hindi lahat ng mods nakaka improve ng tone eh.

A good example was this Daphne Blue MIC Tokai I found hanging on a wall @ Lyric Glorietta a few years ago. I was mesmerized by its looks so I asked the sales guy to take it down and hand it to me. He plugged it into a small Blackstar amp. Literally a few seconds later, I pulled the trigger. And I never ever thought of modding it coz it was perfect as it is. Mind you, I wasn't even planning on buying a guitar that day. The guitar just chose me wahaha.

#DigitalHiyaw

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5559 on: January 19, 2017, 11:31:59 AM »

Vaild point.

Thanks for clearing that up.

If you want something bright and something at the budget you mentioned, I would suggest to go for a Fender Japan exclusive Classic 50s.

check these out. Fender Japan exclusive models

Fender Japan Tobacco 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313047000

Fender Japan Sonic blue 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313048900

Fender Japan Old Candy apple red 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313048700

Fender Japan Vintage white 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313049000

just to share: I went to Osaka and visited Ishibashi (Nishishinsaibashi, Chuo Ward Branch) last year and bought a Shell Pink Classic 60s Japan exclusive strat

Good luck with your strat hunt! :D

Offline oldskul

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5560 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:51 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up.

If you want something bright and something at the budget you mentioned, I would suggest to go for a Fender Japan exclusive Classic 50s.

check these out. Fender Japan exclusive models

Fender Japan Tobacco 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313047000

Fender Japan Sonic blue 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313048900

Fender Japan Old Candy apple red 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313048700

Fender Japan Vintage white 50s strat
http://store.ishibashi.co.jp/ec/pro/disp/1/05-313049000

just to share: I went to Osaka and visited Ishibashi (Nishishinsaibashi, Chuo Ward Branch) last year and bought a Shell Pink Classic 60s Japan exclusive strat

Good luck with your strat hunt! :D

ganda ng pagpapink

anung body nyan sir?

8-) 8-) 8-)

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5561 on: January 19, 2017, 11:14:24 PM »
buy a used one... i bought my strat (ST-57 basswood body) for 34K Yen few years back from ishibashi. it's actually similar to the new japan exclusive 50's strats

https://goo.gl/hyirJX
doh!!!

Offline nicoyow

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5562 on: January 19, 2017, 11:38:07 PM »

A good example was this Daphne Blue MIC Tokai I found hanging on a wall @ Lyric Glorietta a few years ago. I was mesmerized by its looks so I asked the sales guy to take it down and hand it to me. He plugged it into a small Blackstar amp. Literally a few seconds later, I pulled the trigger. And I never ever thought of modding it coz it was perfect as it is. Mind you, I wasn't even planning on buying a guitar that day. The guitar just chose me wahaha.

I'm gonna qoute this one because this paragraph means a lot to me!  :lol:

I literally cannot afford a decent Fender but this Tokai guitars saved me from GAS.  :-D :-D

BTT: I agree that classic 50's might be the right one for you. Keep on playing!  :wave:
Sa pinipig, bukod sa pwede mo singhutin, pwede mo rin tikman.

Offline shodawmoon

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5563 on: January 21, 2017, 09:18:26 AM »

ganda ng pagpapink

anung body nyan sir?

8-) 8-) 8-)
ganda nga ng pagkapink niya. body is basswood. and this one in particular is really light for a strat.

Offline oldskul

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5564 on: January 21, 2017, 09:40:08 AM »
ganda nga ng pagkapink niya. body is basswood. and this one in particular is really light for a strat.

sir sample naman ng tone nyan heheh

8-) 8-) 8-)

Offline gitaristadaw

« Reply #5565 on: February 10, 2017, 06:08:16 AM »
Pasali...

my MIJ 94 Standard strat..changed the bridge to wilkinson 2pt..( thanks sir shodawmoon for the help in verifying)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 07:04:18 AM by gitaristadaw »

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5566 on: May 11, 2017, 10:39:01 PM »
I tried the American Professional Strat kanina sa Ishibashi. Neck feels good and the bridge too...although i still prefer the sound of the fat 50s pickups from the american standard.  :)
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5567 on: May 12, 2017, 10:45:25 AM »
Finally got a strat! Mas madali mag-aral ng thumb fretting!

1993-1994 based on the serial. MIJ ST-62

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 10:51:27 AM by jepbueno »

Offline Skybox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5568 on: May 12, 2017, 10:47:48 AM »
I tried the American Professional Strat kanina sa Ishibashi. Neck feels good and the bridge too...although i still prefer the sound of the fat 50s pickups from the american standard.  :)

Played these at Yupanco and I was sorely disappointed with the weight. They are so light which instantly reminded me of a Squire Classic Vibe Strat I used to own. Not a good first impression for a guitar worth 90+k pesos. *facepalm*
#DigitalHiyaw

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5569 on: May 12, 2017, 10:50:14 AM »
Just to confirm, ano kaya pickups? Texas Specials? cloth wires

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5570 on: May 12, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »
Finally got a strat! Mas madali mag-aral ng thumb fretting!

1993-1994 based on the serial. MIJ ST-62

tagal mong nawala tapos ito ipopost mo pic? pics ng chiks ang gusto namin  :|

hahaha joke lang! congrats, frusciante na yan  :-D
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5571 on: May 12, 2017, 10:55:50 AM »
^hahaha lurk na lang ako dito madalas! ginanahan nga ako iimprove at magrefresh ng guitar skills sobrang kalawang na nga eh.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5572 on: May 12, 2017, 11:17:41 AM »
^hahaha lurk na lang ako dito madalas! ginanahan nga ako iimprove at magrefresh ng guitar skills sobrang kalawang na nga eh.

isa ngang intro ng under the bridge dyan
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline jepbueno

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5573 on: May 12, 2017, 11:21:16 AM »
^jusko sawang sawa na ako dyan! hahahah

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5574 on: May 12, 2017, 11:23:57 AM »
^jusko sawang sawa na ako dyan! hahahah