hulika

Author Topic: 1960's Rock Roots  (Read 12029 times)

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: 1960's Rock Roots
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2011, 08:11:04 PM »
Ako naman naka Score sa Astro sa shang. P99

Beach boys, hermans hermits, radiohead. etc. (nakalimutan ko yung iba kong binili) :-)

Nakabili ako ulit Noel Pointer kanina, pero ang binalikan ko sana Stan Getz at Herman Hermits kaso naubus na raw

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
Nakabili ako ulit Noel Pointer kanina, pero ang binalikan ko sana Stan Getz at Herman Hermits kaso naubus na raw

Looks like all those cds are from the EMI label a......Is this an indication of things to come?
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2011, 06:23:00 AM »
Looks like all those cds are from the EMI label a......Is this an indication of things to come?

Yeah EMI bro...

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2011, 06:58:05 AM »

I got a message from Enzo guys we may as well plan early for a gig (60s) he tentatively schedule this June on this thread. Lets keep this thread alive :wink:

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2011, 06:54:35 AM »

We should start talking now..

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2011, 11:59:11 PM »
ma-up ko nga ito...i'm "rebooting" my '60s-influenced band (largely due to a lack of bassists and to make things more open para sa mga nahihirapang bumiyahe sa cubao) and getting totally new members, preferably, for this brit rock/garage/psychedelia-influenced project.  baka may mga interesado dito na hindi dumadayo masyado sa MW...link to my thread is below. 

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,225874.0.html
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 10:51:01 AM »
walang nag mention ng 13th floor elevators :-)
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 04:57:14 AM »
Ok, let us be a bit adventurous. Since we are getting a bit deeper into it. Let us see if you guys can share any info about these artists:

1. The Celtics
2. The Technicolors
3. Chris Solano and D' Swooners
4. Tony Trias and the Frolics
5. The Fabulous Echos
6. The Quests
7. The Electromaniacs (mediyo madali ito)
8. The Coronets (eto rin)
9. The Tilt Down Men (eto rin)
10. The Grandells
11. RS and the Lumberjacks
12. The Firedons
13. The RP Typhoons
14. The Spotnicks
15. The Eagles

Fire away lads!
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 06:37:35 AM »
wow, meron pala tayong "the eagles" nung '60s...   :lol:  the only bands i'm familiar with here are the tilt down men (featuring tito sotto on vocals and val sotto on bass) and the electromaniacs, whose guitarist, ernie delgado (did i get the first name right?), is the father of weedd's ej delgado. 

i believe all these bands have some brief descriptions on pinoyclassicrock.com pero matagal na akong di dumaan dun...

also, wasn't jaime jose, who was one of the four men who raped maggie dela riva, a "combo" musician too back in the day?  and does anyone have information on late '60s and early '70s guitarist sammy climaco and the bands he played with?  he was a HS batchmate of my dad back in the late '60s...
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »
wow, meron pala tayong "the eagles" nung '60s...   :lol:  the only bands i'm familiar with here are the tilt down men (featuring tito sotto on vocals and val sotto on bass) and the electromaniacs, whose guitarist, ernie delgado (did i get the first name right?), is the father of weedd's ej delgado. 

i believe all these bands have some brief descriptions on pinoyclassicrock.com pero matagal na akong di dumaan dun...

also, wasn't jaime jose, who was one of the four men who raped maggie dela riva, a "combo" musician too back in the day?  and does anyone have information on late '60s and early '70s guitarist sammy climaco and the bands he played with?  he was a HS batchmate of my dad back in the late '60s...

Well the Eagles in the 60s are not to be confused with Eagles of the 70s. American "Hotel California" Eagles have no definite article in their name officially. The Eagles of the 60s are a band from Bristol that plays mainly instrumental rock like the Ventures and The Shadows. Their most popular tunes are their cover of March Of The Eagles and Scarlett O'Hara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etxPFww3M_c&feature=related

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2011, 01:31:50 AM »
Well the Eagles in the 60s are not to be confused with Eagles of the 70s. American "Hotel California" Eagles have no definite article in their name officially. The Eagles of the 60s are a band from Bristol that plays mainly instrumental rock like the Ventures and The Shadows. Their most popular tunes are their cover of March Of The Eagles and Scarlett O'Hara.

ah, so british band pala ang eagles nung '60s.  my bad.  reminds me of one compilation i downloaded a couple years back, featuring mostly semi-obscure late '50s and early '60s songs (i.e. mga di umabot sa billboard top 10 and not by super-popular artists)...one of the songs was by a group called the temptations, which turned out to be an all-white doo-wop group from new york, not the all-black R&B/soul group from detroit... :D

also, i believe there was a band called the scorpions na taga-UK...one of those very obscure '60s bands i keep discovering thanks to my recent deep-dives into no-hit wonder (yet nonetheless great) '60s music... :-D  and the reason the british alternative/indie group the charlatans are referred to as "the charlatans UK" in america is because of the garage/folk rock group of the same name who appear in the "nuggets" compilation...

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2011, 02:29:18 AM »
ah, so british band pala ang eagles nung '60s.  my bad.  reminds me of one compilation i downloaded a couple years back, featuring mostly semi-obscure late '50s and early '60s songs (i.e. mga di umabot sa billboard top 10 and not by super-popular artists)...one of the songs was by a group called the temptations, which turned out to be an all-white doo-wop group from new york, not the all-black R&B/soul group from detroit... :D

also, i believe there was a band called the scorpions na taga-UK...one of those very obscure '60s bands i keep discovering thanks to my recent deep-dives into no-hit wonder (yet nonetheless great) '60s music... :-D  and the reason the british alternative/indie group the charlatans are referred to as "the charlatans UK" in america is because of the garage/folk rock group of the same name who appear in the "nuggets" compilation...

We do not need to be surprised at bands/musical groups with same names. It will only be a problem if the artists are of the same nationality.

Since di pa nasasagot ang previous enumerations ko, I would just like to mention about band/group names that has been used more than once:

1. Playboys
2. Temptations
3. Eagles
4. Spinners
5. Scorpions
6. Charlatans
7. Nirvana
8. Celtics
9. Righteous Brothers (!)
10. Skid Row
11. Coronets

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2011, 02:46:17 AM »
We do not need to be surprised at bands/musical groups with same names. It will only be a problem if the artists are of the same nationality.

Since di pa nasasagot ang previous enumerations ko, I would just like to mention about band/group names that has been used more than once:

1. Playboys
2. Temptations
3. Eagles
4. Spinners
5. Scorpions
6. Charlatans
7. Nirvana
8. Celtics
9. Righteous Brothers (!)
10. Skid Row
11. Coronets

oh, how could i forget...the UK nirvana who sued their more famous US counterparts back in the early '90s.  and skid row...gary moore's first band, if i'm not mistaken?  (of course we all know about the more current, and famous skid row, whose vocalist shares almost the same name as one of the greatest classical musicians of all time.  :-D )