hulika

Author Topic: What are your thoughts on Franco?  (Read 32923 times)

Offline Harbehringer :]

• Philmusicus Noobitus
What are your thoughts on Franco?
« on: January 25, 2011, 09:18:24 PM »
And how well are they LIVE? Cuz' they're goig to perform at our school!  :lol:
Better to know how they do, so I'll be prepared to know if they Rock! \m/ (or very slightly, suck  :-()

Offline bass14344

Re: What are your thoughts on Franco?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 07:19:50 AM »
duh... haha you dont know them?
Lahat nang Babangga ay magigiba! Humanda ka!

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 07:41:16 AM »
Better to know how they do, so I'll be prepared to know if they Rock! \m/ (or very slightly, suck  :-()

franco is a super band. think of urbandub, parokya, and the now disbanded queso rolled into one. and then think of 311 and bob marley....

Offline UselessFingers17

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »
franco is a super band. think of urbandub, parokya, and the now disbanded queso rolled into one. and then think of 311 and bob marley....

^
^
+1

ayus sila pag live! :mrgreen:

Offline ioffendpeople

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
real awesome, cant deny the talent but really overhyped nowadays.

Offline IncX

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 03:49:03 PM »

i dont know ... i find the band boring.

i mean, i like some of the urbandub stuff ... and Parokya ni Edgar has some funny stuff ... franco just makes me go zzzzz

it must be the genre. i never grew up with it ... and oh, i hate/d sonic youth (except for their cover of carpenter's Superstar)

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 06:10:12 PM »

super band = huh ?
ang super band para sakin is a group of super talented artists in one band like
paul gilbert (racer x) + billy sheehan (David Lee Roth) + pat torpey (the knack) + eric martin (eric martin band) = mr.big
JOE SATRIANI (solo) + CHAD SMITH (rhcp) + MICHAEL ANTHONY(van halen) + SAMMY HAGAR(solo) = chicken feet

« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 06:13:15 PM by bugoy »

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:35:01 AM »
super band = huh ?
ang super band para sakin is a group of super talented artists in one band like
paul gilbert (racer x) + billy sheehan (David Lee Roth) + pat torpey (the knack) + eric martin (eric martin band) = mr.big
JOE SATRIANI (solo) + CHAD SMITH (rhcp) + MICHAEL ANTHONY(van halen) + SAMMY HAGAR(solo) = chicken feet

I guess Gabby Alipe and Jan Jan Mendoza of Urbandub, Paolo/Ocho/8 Toleran of Queso and Buwi Meneses of Parokya don't qualify as a super band (in the local scene) when they are together. Franco himself is a pioneer in the Cebu rock scene, and his influence is a part of Urbandub's early albums.

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 06:02:03 PM »
siguro nga masyadong Over the top yung "superband" but they're good though! :wink:
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 12:13:22 PM »

I totally agree. They DO sound great live, however. Their music just isn't my cup of tea. Although, if their song gets played on the radio, I wouldn't mind sitting through it.

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 07:26:44 AM »

i mean, i like some of the urbandub stuff ... and Parokya ni Edgar has some funny stuff ... franco just makes me go zzzzz

it must be the genre. i never grew up with it ... and oh, i hate/d sonic youth (except for their cover of carpenter's Superstar)

I get where they're coming from, and I think some of the songs are earworms. But not really my cup of tea, also. Great stuff, and definitely worth a listen.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 07:33:25 AM »
i preferred franco when he was with jag rock bivouac finalist frank in the mid-'90s...must have been only 15 or 16 then pero ang lalim na ng boses, bagay sa grunge...

franco, the band, does have some great talent, but i agree with the previous posts.  medyo overrated at nakakaantok yung ibang mga kanta.  in any case, they're still worth listening to, just not on a regular basis...   :-)
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 07:40:48 AM »
I guess Gabby Alipe and Jan Jan Mendoza of Urbandub, Paolo/Ocho/8 Toleran of Queso and Buwi Meneses of Parokya don't qualify as a super band (in the local scene) when they are together. Franco himself is a pioneer in the Cebu rock scene, and his influence is a part of Urbandub's early albums.

Since some people may not get the full meaning: Franco deserves to be called a superband if your sense of the word is having members from other famous bands. Of course, your own mileages may vary if your idea includes super-freaking tappity-tap guitar skills and all that. Otherwise, they're a very good band. I don't think musical fireworks was the point - which may lead to the feeling that they're overrated.

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 07:50:15 AM »
Awesome  :-D
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 08:55:33 AM »
Since some people may not get the full meaning: Franco deserves to be called a superband if your sense of the word is having members from other famous bands. Of course, your own mileages may vary if your idea includes super-freaking tappity-tap guitar skills and all that. Otherwise, they're a very good band. I don't think musical fireworks was the point - which may lead to the feeling that they're overrated.

yeah this is what i was aiming at. come on guys, frame of reference naman. i know of a few superbands like them crooked vultures, the now defunct velvet revolver and audioslave, etc but this is about franco the OPM band. they're super enough for me thats why i called them super.

Offline hack3rberry

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »
franco reyes from the band INYO. yung mga songs nila ngayon matagal na yan. nang hindi sumikat sa U.S. yung banda nya, umuwi ng pinas tapos kumuha ng mga sikat na musikero para maging kabanda.
references: bossingboss, mandoytz, dewberry, guitbox, micsis, groundzero, jack72, mondemonle, blackmanika, progfather, mr_orange316, ricabb7, jon_caparas, r_chino18, joyrdindin, call_of_ktulu25, guitarer1105,Letour,Xelly,rtf_axeman,alalala

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 07:21:30 AM »
franco reyes from the band INYO. yung mga songs nila ngayon matagal na yan. nang hindi sumikat sa U.S. yung banda nya, umuwi ng pinas tapos kumuha ng mga sikat na musikero para maging kabanda.

Siya yung kinuha ng mga "sikat" na musikerong sinasabi mo.  :roll:

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 07:29:16 AM »

Technically yes, superband nga sila if you look at the very definition of a superband.
IMHO parang walang input masyado sila Gab,8,Buwi at JanJan kasi if you listen to the songs of InYo halos walang differences yung songs.
Pero kasi since they worked on finished songs I guess they were boxed in sa original arrangements.
I guess makikita natin yun sa next album. (kung meron.)

All in all, answering the TS' question they are good if your preferences lean towards their sound to be fair their live performances are very good.
It's almost like listening to the radio/ipod or whathaveyou.

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 02:11:36 PM »

If they suck...
I wouldn't have heard them play at Summer Slam...
I'm a HUGE Urbandub fan, and I just wanna say they "hit the spot" for my kind of music...
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline kopiako

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 06:29:28 PM »

I think they made a song about drugs.

Offline Ayban

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 09:50:51 PM »
franco...hmm super band to combination ng mga ibat ibang banda combined in one. may parokya, queso ska urbandub.

parang tunog urbandub yung tugtog nila. imo

Offline PrayToYourGodz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2011, 03:51:27 PM »

I think they made a song about drugs.
maybe your talking about "song for the suspect"
marijuana is not a drug it's a HERB which is natural DRUGS is consist of chemical substance
si Sir Paolo/8/Otso galit sa drugs/shabu or whatever you call it kasi ang utak pag nadamage di na mababalik sa dati

Gusto kong pumunta sa Quirino Grandstand araw-araw at manood ng public execution ng mga presidente, senador, representatives at iba pang mga kurap na kriminal ng bayan. - Dong Abay

Offline IncX

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
If they suck...
I wouldn't have heard them play at Summer Slam...

this has nothing to do with Franco but let me get this straight - YOUR idea of "good" is getting lined up in Pulp Summer Slam?

ohhhh kay.

rawk on, you rakista you

Offline constipation

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
I WANT TO BE A ROCKSTAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: