hulika

Author Topic: who are your favorite drummers for every different genre?  (Read 5947 times)

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: who are your favorite drummers for every different genre?
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2007, 09:48:48 AM »
@jepoy
wala ako binabara.
@JP Buduan
hindi lang talaga ako updated sa mga bagong tawag sa mga drumming styles ngaun and genres. pero yeah! Thx!! meron palang tinatawag na "session drumming" or playing to different styles of music..now alam ko na. thx!!
and yeah....Cnu ka ba, JP Buduan? Im Paolo i'm a drummer too.. and you?
are you a country manager for pearl, sabian, vic firth products here??

kung di ka pa sanay sa forums better read and think first before posting mejo walang pag galang yung the way you post. pinoydrums community ang isa sa pinaka peaceful na forums dito sa philmusic

You better watch your manners, Paolo-I-b.  You're still considered as a new member here, so be aware first of your surroundings and don't act/post as if you're the big dog here in this community.  I suggest that you introduce yourself at the Pinoydrums Bio Thread, so that everybody will become familiar of you.  Consider this as another warning.  The Admins and the Mods are watching you...

Patay na! noobie palang si paolo-i-b na warningan na agad! tsk tsk tsk
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:20:17 PM by xjepoyx »
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2007, 01:18:37 PM »
The Admins and the Mods are watching you...

<spiderpig, spiderpig...>
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline g0d5_g1ft

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2007, 01:28:34 PM »
You better watch your manners, Paolo-I-b.  You're still considered as a new member here, so be aware first of your surroundings and don't act/post as if you're the big dog here in this community.  I suggest that you introduce yourself at the Pinoydrums Bio Thread, so that everybody will become familiar of you.  Consider this as another warning.  The Admins and the Mods are watching you...[/color]

oh my... pang ilang mainit na discussion na to ni paolo-I-b ah... be mindful of your surroundings young padawan wakokoko... like they say bro peace tayo dito, there are always nicer way to say things, try that pre you might enjoy it  :-D
matututo kaya ako magdrums? kelan kaya iyon...

need gear: http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=28593

Offline stilljey

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2007, 01:44:38 PM »
You see!! JPB is still silent, coz hindi sya bababa sa level mo Paolo-I-b  to retaliate, hes a good man and respected.

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 01:50:47 PM »
sir Paolo-I-b pansin ko pangalawa mo na to. yung una si toybitz ngayon naman si sir jp. pero tahimik lang sila kahit ganun ka. sana respeto naman dito. pinoydrums forums ang pinaka peacefull na forums dito sa phil music sa pagkaka alam ko. kasi magulo daw sa ibang forums.. sana naman hindi ka gumawa ng gulo dito. kiss mo na lang si sir jp :lol:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 01:54:58 PM by lil.drummerboy »

Offline toybitz

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »
si toybitz ngayon naman si sir jp.

OT

JP, sir...kuya. wakekekeke!

Back to the topic...

I forgot to mention Manu Katche for Pop and Carter Beauford for pop and progressive rock drumming. (progressive din naman talaga DMB eh, hindi lang rock)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 03:50:24 PM by toybitz »
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2007, 03:19:42 PM »
Okay, going back to topic...

I admire plenty of great drummers!  Here are my favorites, classified according to genre...

Rock/Metal/Alternative --- Neil Peart, Mike Portnoy, Danny Carey, Scott Rockenfield, Simon Phillips, Matt Cameron, Tim Alexander, Stewart Copeland, Carter Beauford, Dave Abbruzzese, Jimmy Chamberlin, Brad Wilk, John Bonham, Franklin Benitez, Wendell Garcia, Reli De Vera, J-Hoon Balbuena

Jazz/Fusion/Contemporary --- Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Steve Gadd, Tony Williams, Dennis Chambers, Billy Cobham, Steve Smith, Thomas Lang, Mar Dizon, Koko Bermejo, Benjie Mendez

Pop --- Jeff Porcaro, Steve Gadd, Steve Smith, Teddy Campbell, Steve Jordan, Matt Flynn, Abe Laboriel Jr., Ernie Severino, Jun Regalado, Nino Regalado, Junjun Regalado, Benjie Mendez

R&B/Hip-Hop/Funk --- Ahmir "?uestlove" Thompson, Chris "Daddy" Dave, Brian Frazier-Moore, Sonny Emory, David Garibaldi, Stanton Moore, Stevie Wonder

I'll just add to this list in case may mga maalala pa ako...  8-)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 05:45:27 AM by drumster »

Offline guernica

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2007, 03:02:21 PM »
dom howard (muse) - modern
dave grohl (queen of stone age) - postpunk
john otto (limp bizkit) - hiphop
atom (angels&airwaves)

local
dindin - PNE
raymund marasigan - eheads
omni - hale

its not the techniques, its on how u produce a perfect sound & groove needed..

Offline Paolo-I-b

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2007, 02:56:06 PM »
wow ang dami agad post! hahaha

una sa lahat mga fafa: wala akong binabastos hehe. nagtatanong lang ako kung sino sya and sinagot nya naman yung tanong ko sa ok naman.. pero hey..i'll try to adjust here kasi nga naman napansin ko na medyo or super rude yung pagkakasabi ko..pero hindi talaga ako nambabastos or anything..nagtatanong lang. napansin ko lang later on na offensive pala approach ko. sorry my bad..

:-( di mo lam sir Paolo-I-b kung gaano kalaki nacocontribute ni jpbuduan sa pinoydrums at sa buong druming community... respected yan...be nice sana :-)
Happy Drumming!!!
im sorry to say this but i don't care, sir... :-D sorry.......i am nice..na mis-interpret lang ung post ko. nag assume agad ung iba na nambastos ako hehe :-D

Hmm...  Paolo-I-b, I suggest that you try to ask nicely next time.  I'm not sure kung paano yung emotion mo with the manner you replied.  You could have asked, "Is session a musical genre?" or something as proper and as simple as that.

Again, Paolo-I-b, try to be nicer and more polite.  You'll never know who you're talking to.

In this case, you're talking to JP Buduan.  Yes, he's the former product manager of Pearl, Sabian and Vic Firth products here in our country.  He now works for Forerunner Tech, and he's handling Mapex and Stagg products.  He also happens to be a very good drummer, specializing in rock and metal music.  He also teaches drumming during his spare time.  He's helped literally hundreds of drummers, and he's very well-respected in the drumming community.

You better watch your manners, Paolo-I-b.  You're still considered as a new member here, so be aware first of your surroundings and don't act/post as if you're the big dog here in this community.  I suggest that you introduce yourself at the Pinoydrums Bio Thread, so that everybody will become familiar of you.  Consider this as another warning.  The Admins and the Mods are watching you...

I am watching my manners, sir and i am aware of my surroundings....sir
FYI sir..if i want to act like a big dog...not in this forum. never
and like I said wala ako binabastos and binabara..baka na offend lang ung reader sa post ko which hindi ko naman alam..don't worry i'll change the way i post messages here.

You see!! JPB is still silent, coz hindi sya bababa sa level mo Paolo-I-b  to retaliate, hes a good man and respected.
oh yeah?  :-D I don't want to retaliate with anyone, sir.. na mis-interpret lang yung post ko...my bad...anyway mababa level ko eh sorry to disappoint sir.

oh my... pang ilang mainit na discussion na to ni paolo-I-b ah... be mindful of your surroundings young padawan wakokoko... like they say bro peace tayo dito, there are always nicer way to say things, try that pre you might enjoy it  :-D
ok sir :-D

sir Paolo-I-b pansin ko pangalawa mo na to. yung una si toybitz ngayon naman si sir jp. pero tahimik lang sila kahit ganun ka. sana respeto naman dito. pinoydrums forums ang pinaka peacefull na forums dito sa phil music sa pagkaka alam ko. kasi magulo daw sa ibang forums.. sana naman hindi ka gumawa ng gulo dito. kiss mo na lang si sir jp :lol:
hindi po ako gumagawa ng gulo and ayaw ko po, sir :-D

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 03:21:20 PM by Paolo-I-b »
I can't say what I want to.. even if Im not serious.. just kidding..

Offline drumster

• Board Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2007, 01:13:38 AM »

una sa lahat mga fafa: wala akong binabastos hehe. nagtatanong lang ako kung sino sya and sinagot nya naman yung tanong ko sa ok naman.. pero hey..i'll try to adjust here kasi nga naman napansin ko na medyo or super rude yung pagkakasabi ko..pero hindi talaga ako nambabastos or anything..nagtatanong lang. napansin ko lang later on na offensive pala approach ko. sorry my bad..

im sorry to say this but i don't care, sir... :-D sorry.......i am nice..na mis-interpret lang ung post ko. nag assume agad ung iba na nambastos ako hehe :-D

The Pinoydrums Community cares, bro.  So be careful with how you express your thoughts next time.  Don't try to be funny or sarcastic.  Taga-Benilde ka pala.  I'm a Benildean alumnus, and that is not how a Lasallian/Benildean talks and behaves.  There's a proper way of communicating and interacting with people.  I hope you don't talk this way to your parents and the elderly.  We're keeping an eye on you.  Be careful...

Okay, at this point, no more off-topic posts on this discussion...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 04:15:08 AM by drumster »

Offline sonnaqs

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 04:10:12 AM »

ORAYT!! derederecho na tau hehe...

Musically --
Metal/Prog: Chris Adler, Derek Roddy, Mike Portnoy
Jazz/Funk: Vinnie Colauita, Carter Beauford
Punk/Emo: Travis Barker, Alex Rodriguez (Saosin)
Modern Rock: Thomas Lang, Carter Beauford, Simon Phillips, Pat Torpey

Stars --Being a Drummer and everything else they can do  :evil:
Ringo Starr!!
Phil Collins!!!
Dave Grohl!!!!

\m/
"never let the music die down!!"
\m/ ^__^ \m/

Offline jeff_proX40

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2007, 04:31:37 AM »
afrocuban - Alex acuna and akira jimbo.
Just let your music fill the empty spaces in you. It's all you have so take advantage of it. It's a gift!