hulika

Author Topic: Inhuman Rampage by Dragonforce  (Read 1275 times)

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
Inhuman Rampage by Dragonforce
« on: August 21, 2006, 07:50:30 AM »

This is the latest release for the multinational, UK-based power metal onslaught. Each member of this group is at the top of their game. When I say game, I also mean that much in an X-Box/PS2 fashion. Their music sounds so much like a sped-up suite from Final Fantasy sans the Dungeons and Dragons imagery.

My personal fascination with the group is with the set of tag-team guitarists Herman Li and Sam Totman. They lend a brand of fretboard athleticism that harks back to the days of Chris Impelliterri or Yngwie Malmsteen's stranglehold over virtuoso rock back in the 80's.

The last time I had a power metal phase, I was getting into Gamma Ray. These guys bring it to a whole new level by making their music fun to listen to. They remind their fans that this is all escapist--they don't have to immerse themselves in the silly ridiculous imagery usually associated with the genre. Their humor shines through their music videos and wink-wink, nudge-nudge hommages to video game lore with Herman, Sam, and Vadim's respective guitar and keyboard tones. Standouts for me so far are the two singles, Through The Fire and Flames and Operation Ground And Pound.

Prepare for domination!