hulika

Author Topic: what's the best concert you've ever been to?  (Read 20533 times)

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
what's the best concert you've ever been to?
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »
 :-D :-D
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: what's the best concert you've ever been to?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 01:45:45 PM »
rage against the machine live at the cuneta astrodome, 1997.

nasa P500-something seats ako nun.  when the jumpin' jologs at the cheaper seats started doing their thing, nakisali rin ako, and in a few minutes after taking my not-too-cheap seat, i jumped down to the moshpit to join the rest of my buddies who could afford those coveted expensive tickets.  heck, i was 18 years old back then...  :lol:

the gig is especially memorable because i nearly lost my left shoe while moshing to the first song.  may nakatapak, tapos pinulot yung sapatos at hinagis sa stage area.   :lol:  talk about karma.  so i was moshing for most of rage's set with only one shoe...buti na lang may nakahanap nung tapos na sila...  :-D
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 05:01:09 PM »
rage against the machine live at the cuneta astrodome, 1997.

nasa P500-something seats ako nun.  when the jumpin' jologs at the cheaper seats started doing their thing, nakisali rin ako, and in a few minutes after taking my not-too-cheap seat, i jumped down to the moshpit to join the rest of my buddies who could afford those coveted expensive tickets.  heck, i was 18 years old back then...  :lol:

the gig is especially memorable because i nearly lost my left shoe while moshing to the first song.  may nakatapak, tapos pinulot yung sapatos at hinagis sa stage area.   :lol:  talk about karma.  so i was moshing for most of rage's set with only one shoe...buti na lang may nakahanap nung tapos na sila...  :-D

mismo hehehe andyan din ako! alala mo si joey boy ? yung gumawa ng eksena don sa concert ?  :-D

naalala ko nag simula mag talunan yung tao nung matapos tumugtog ang razorback at wolfgang, habang nililigpit gamit nung 2 front act bands biglang nagpatugtog yung house PA ng Bad Medicine ng bon jovi dun na nagsimula magkagulo at lahat ng nasa taas nakapunta sa baba  :-D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:02:33 PM by bugoy »

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 09:02:51 PM »
Eto!

& yung Pearl Jam concert waaaaaay back 1995.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 10:54:16 PM »
sayang yung pearl jam di ako nakanood asi grade 4 lang ako noon ayaw ako payagan ng nanay ko  :-(

Offline SCREWER

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 02:31:04 AM »
grade 6 ako nung pearl jam.. :-(....nanuod nalang ako ng local bands na puro pearl jam and soundgarden yung cover songs.. :-D..

incubus napanuod ko lately...sulit naman..
Stop using Jesus as an excuse for being a narrow-minded, bigoted a-hole.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 01:02:49 PM »
Eto!

& yung Pearl Jam concert waaaaaay back 1995.

wasn't there at both concerts.  sayang.   :|

lalo na yung sa pearl jam.  that would've been a double treat IMHO, since i've always been one of the few people in my circle(s) of friends who appreciated mudhoney, the supporting band in that '95 manila gig.
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline skywalker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 02:10:03 PM »
It's probably the MTV's Alternative Nation Concert Tour in Manila back in 1995 I think at the Araneta Coliseum. Imagine watching Foo Fighters (with Pat Smear at that time), Sonic Youth & the Beastie Boys in one concert. Can you beat that? The Eraserheads at the peak of their powers then, opened up the show for the 3 bands, then Foo Fighters was the first to come onstage, playing all their hits from their groundbreaking first album.

I remember we were with Chito, Buwi, Darius if I'm not mistaken with Vinci also, including Jay. We got together at the General Admission almost at the roof, and when Foo Fighters finished their set, nagkahiwa-hiwalay na kami.hehe. Some of us were at the moshpit down there, while Me, Jay and some of our friends stopped at the Lower Box since we preferred to have a better view of the stage from there.

Sonic Youth were like the gods of alternative rock then, already considered legends, while Beastie Boys were like the gods of harcore-rap. The show was a resounding success notwitstanding 2 power interruptions during the Beastie Boys' set. One was while the Boys were performing their hit "Sabotage".hehe. Talagang parang sabotage! :-D
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 02:25:54 PM by skywalker »

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:19:41 PM »
nandyan din ako sa alternative nation kaso last 2 songs ng foo fighters ang inabutan ko :( late kasi kami dumating

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 06:47:54 PM »
It's probably the MTV's Alternative Nation Concert Tour in Manila back in 1995 I think at the Araneta Coliseum. Imagine watching Foo Fighters (with Pat Smear at that time), Sonic Youth & the Beastie Boys in one concert. Can you beat that? The Eraserheads at the peak of their powers then, opened up the show for the 3 bands, then Foo Fighters was the first to come onstage, playing all their hits from their groundbreaking first album.

I remember we were with Chito, Buwi, Darius if I'm not mistaken with Vinci also, including Jay. We got together at the General Admission almost at the roof, and when Foo Fighters finished their set, nagkahiwa-hiwalay na kami.hehe. Some of us were at the moshpit down there, while Me, Jay and some of our friends stopped at the Lower Box since we preferred to have a better view of the stage from there.

Sonic Youth were like the gods of alternative rock then, already considered legends, while Beastie Boys were like the gods of harcore-rap. The show was a resounding success notwitstanding 2 power interruptions during the Beastie Boys' set. One was while the Boys were performing their hit "Sabotage".hehe. Talagang parang sabotage! :-D

Wow! Di ko alam to ha.
Sana bumalik Foo Fighters.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 06:50:58 PM »
Wow! Di ko alam to ha.
Sana bumalik Foo Fighters.

yun nga eh...

nandun din ako nung alternative nation tour.  foo fighters lang ang di ko naabutan.  pati ang e-heads na nag-opening act...  :-(

Offline adidas ni hudas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 10:50:37 PM »
sa kin un sa simple plan.. backstages .. ang ba-bait nila .. taz naka-arbor ako ng stick sa drummer..
i passed my drugtest !!    "get high legally"   "live positive..test negative"

Offline AthanVai

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 10:55:40 PM »
VANILLA ICE Live in Manila!....  :lol:

i think this was sometime around 1990 or '91. not sure.

pero no joke though, this was the best concert i've been too since it was my first.

Corny lang that time... everybody was requesting an encore of Ninja Rap. ayaw niya. :( booooo!

everybody now... All right stop! collaborate and listen....

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 04:29:26 AM »
Anybody here went to the Bush concert? 'Di ako nakapunta nun, kinulang ang funds eh. :-( :cry: :-(

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 06:36:28 AM »
sayang.. diba dapat magcoconcert dito slipknot...??
references: sbalbaguio2006 , washburny , pentagram x , markv , tone thinker, r_chino18

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 09:24:55 AM »
sayang.. diba dapat magcoconcert dito slipknot...??

Yeah, pati Oasis. Pero kainitan ata yun ng mga terrorist ek-ek eh, kaya hindi sila tumuloy. Naka-bili nako tickets nun sa Oasis, pina-refund nalang sa Ticketnet.

Offline Dugs3

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 12:12:41 PM »
Anybody here went to the Bush concert? 'Di ako nakapunta nun, kinulang ang funds eh. :-( :cry: :-(

Di ako nakapanood ng Bush dito pero I got to meet and greet yung guitaris na kalbo and drummer ! Nagco-coffee kami nun that time ng Tito ko sa Robinson's Suites sa Ortigas and namukaan nya yung 2 so nilapitan namin and nagpa-autograph ako ...
Tapos binigyan kami ng yosi [555 yung brand ng yosi nila] Natawa kami ng Tito ko then sabi ng Tito sa kanila sardinas dito sa pinas yun .. hahaha ....

*Hanggang ngayon nasa bahay pa din yung kaha ng yosi , kasama ng mga display sa bahay ...

Meron din pala akong autograph ng bassist ng Silverchair [nakalimutan ko na name] Naka laminate kasi sa resibo lang sya pumirma kasi wala akong dalang papel nun ... Nasa Robinon's din sila nun ! hehehe ...

Nanood din ako ng RATM , bad trip yung katabi ko , sumisigaw ng ["Rebolusyon!!!] kababeng tao pa naman ... hahahaha !
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 12:19:38 PM by Dugs3 »

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 11:56:01 PM »
^^^Astig naman nun! May remembrance ka ni Nigel Pulsford and Chris Joannou (tama ba?). Yung kabarkada ko naman naka-kuha ng drumsticks ni Ben Gillies nung nag-concert sila dito, hinagis yung drumsticks na nababali pero yung mga nakuha nya, 2 buo. Vater yung gamit ni Ben Gillies tapos parang naka-balot ng grip, (yung para 'di dumulas sa kamay nya).

Sa Pearl Jam concert naman, naaalala ko Mudhoney palang yung tumutugtog, may nagsisigaw na babae dun sa side namin ng "I love you Eddie Vedder!!!", tapos sabi sa kanya nung kasama nya, "Hoy, ano ka ba?! Mudhoney palang yan!" Tawa ako ng tawa. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline thr3ten

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 08:07:23 PM »
Mr. Big sa FAT and Metallica's concert at the Ultra.  Sige na nga sama na natin bonjovi kung san nagkasira sira sapatos ko sa putik.

Was blessed to see edwin mccain and hootie and blowfish back in 2000 in South Carolina. Chanced upon Jimmie Vaughan's performance in Rhode Island in 1999(?), a kickass performance of incubus in LA in 2002, Vince Neil at the Disneyland House of Blues, Gabby Concepcion in LA hahahaha.  Meron pa si ate Guy.  Yun ang malupit!!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 08:08:37 PM by thr3ten »
Pulling Teeth!

Offline inverted_hate

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2008, 02:43:01 AM »
well i guess the death angel gig at pulp something event (i forgot)...it was a treat to see a  band who was involved bay area thrash movement and head banging' to the songs i only hear in my player...it was a good experience all in all even though a handful were there in the event just to see that band

Offline ommantra

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2008, 02:56:11 AM »
incubus concert na nangyare netong march 9,..standing ovation ako,...simula umpisa hanggang mtapos,..prang nakikinig ka ng dvd nila,..parehong pareho sa mga concert dvd nila,..astig!!! wala talaga akong masabe!!!

Offline karl666

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2008, 05:43:28 AM »
well i guess the death angel gig at pulp something event (i forgot)...it was a treat to see a  band who was involved bay area thrash movement and head banging' to the songs i only hear in my player...it was a good experience all in all even though a handful were there in the event just to see that band

+1000  :evil: :evil:

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2008, 07:36:14 PM »
Thursday concert at A-Venue! Saya pa coz I got to go backstage and have all my albums signed by all five members. Yung bassist nila was the bassist of Glassjaw.

Offline paranoid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2008, 09:09:13 PM »
Hmm.. So far, Toto Live in Manila. :)

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2008, 10:37:40 PM »
Pearl Jam! (yun lang kasi napanood ko eh :lol:)
Just wont burn...