hulika

Author Topic: Post-Hardcore/hardcore punk Lovers dito tayo!  (Read 19136 times)

Offline vinz

Re: Post-Hardcore Lovers dito tayo!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 04:44:29 PM »
:evil:

august burns red
texas in july
i killed the prom queen

post-hardcore ba August Burns Red? they're more of a Metalcore to me and ayun ang nakita ko sa description ng band nila. Correct me if im wrong Same as with those two bands you mentioned.

My list:

the color morale
our last night
30 seconds to mars
acceptance
as night falls
circa survive
close to home
the color fred
confide
cute is what we aim for
the dangerous summer
emarosa
emmure
for all those sleeping
four year strong
gwen stacy
hawthorne heights
emery
i the breather
in fear and faith
it prevails
ivoryline
killswitch engage
lower definition
mayday parade
memphis may fire
miss may i
of machines
parkway drive
periphery
pierce the veil
self against the city
search the city
sky eats airplane
vanna
we came as romans
woe, is me

I know not all of the bands mentioned above are post-hardcore but I just wanted to share the bands I listen to. Besides most of them are post-hardcore. But I'm really recommending the first two bands I've said, mind blowing not so popular bands. :-)

I agree with you especially the ones on BOLD Letters, theyre more of a Metal/core genre, nakikinig lang ako pero pansin ko kagad kung anong type siya ng core o ano pa man hehehe. Periphery kasama na sa DJENT movement afaik, or parang sila pa ata founders nung term na yun. :-) nice list!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:48:21 PM by vinz »

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 04:56:33 PM »
Post hardcore? Okay, here goes.

Burning Airlines, Fugazi, Jawbox, Shudder To Think, Soulside, Nation of Ulysses, Kerosene 454, End of a Year, Refused, older Thursday, Q and not U, Faraquet, Park, These Arms Are Snakes, At The Drive In

noise!  :-D FARAQUET at PARK mga bands na influence namin pero di namin sinasabi mismo to bro saka Q and not U

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 05:34:21 PM »

post-hardcore ba August Burns Red? they're more of a Metalcore to me and ayun ang nakita ko sa description ng band nila. Correct me if im wrong Same as with those two bands you mentioned.

I agree with you especially the ones on BOLD Letters, theyre more of a Metal/core genre, nakikinig lang ako pero pansin ko kagad kung anong type siya ng core o ano pa man hehehe. Periphery kasama na sa DJENT movement afaik, or parang sila pa ata founders nung term na yun. :-) nice list!

Yup tama ka bro metalcore ang august burns red.

Offline hardcore misery

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2011, 01:21:46 AM »
This Day Forward
Poison the Well
Sky Came Falling
BOSS MetalZone II / GTX-BOSTON HeavyMetal 100 OVERKILL MOD
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,71925.0.html

Offline treblinkalovescene

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 02:46:07 PM »
noise!  :-D FARAQUET at PARK mga bands na influence namin pero di namin sinasabi mismo to bro saka Q and not U

Pakoy! Isdachu?
Offset guitars for life.

Offline roei03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »
ayus., isa sa tinitingala kong gitarista nagpost dito., hehe  :wink:
ang bumasa nito may t@e sa pwet!

Offline XrsJay

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 01:36:36 PM »
Caitlyn Bailey, lol.

+1

Asking Alexandria
Alesana
A day to Remember
House VS Hurricane
Broadway

more more more ;D

Offline kssael

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »
A Day To Remember
Asking Alexandria (SUAS album, kahit mas gusto ko ang RnR album which is more metalcore-oriented)
Emery
Finch
Glassjaw
I See Stars
old Attack Attack! (pero okay din ang bago)
Of Mice & Men (kahit metalcore na ang 2nd album nila)

I never liked Alesana for some reason.
-kssael

Offline max28

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »
:evil:

august burns red
texas in july
i killed the prom queen

metalcore/christianmetal ang ABR
DAMN those two shredder of this band ang bandang ayaw magpa-cover for me  :-D

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 01:29:56 AM »
UNDEROATH may fave.

paborito ko yung album na Define the Great line. Technical Post-Hardcore? hahaha

ito na siguro ung pinaka hindi whiny na "whiny vocals"

Offline studiowan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2011, 12:03:19 PM »

Offline ricson_tech

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2011, 04:37:57 AM »
Post hardcore? Okay, here goes.

Burning Airlines, Fugazi, Jawbox, Shudder To Think, Soulside, Nation of Ulysses, Kerosene 454, End of a Year, Refused, older Thursday, Q and not U, Faraquet, Park, These Arms Are Snakes, At The Drive In

i dig nation of ulysses pinoy ung bassist nila, check out the song p power, tunkol sa filipino boy na pumatay ng tatlong kano   :evil:

some post hardcore na gusto ko: cap'n jazz,jawbox,3,fugazi,NOU,joan of arc,burning airlines,channels,cave in,snapcase,sparta, glassjore,

references:pochbelmonte, farseer. bosssingoss, markv, jmorrero, the_nong, turiguiliano, jun, uglycelebrity, mayok, fusiondaryl,, sickangel14. diaboliche, moncseb,

Offline marko21

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »
UNDEROATH may fave.

paborito ko yung album na Define the Great line. Technical Post-Hardcore? hahaha

ito na siguro ung pinaka hindi whiny na "whiny vocals"
sakto. pareho pa tau fave album tol  :-D sarap

Offline twannabehawk

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »
I'm drawn to the more traditional style of Post Hardcore.

Check out

Texas Is The Reason
Sunny Day Real Estate
Fugazi (some would argue they're not)

For the newer bands with a more traditional sound with outside influences

Touche Amore
Transit
Daylight
Basement
Title Fight
Turnover
Citizen

Nature Living from Japan is also quite good. They're one of the few modern post hardcore bands that I like. You also can't go wrong with Thursday.

Some of these bands may be more on the Midwest Emo side though. Dunno, you guys decide. hehe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 11:31:48 AM »
I'm drawn to the more traditional style of Post Hardcore.

Check out

Texas Is The Reason
Sunny Day Real Estate
Fugazi (some would argue they're not)

For the newer bands with a more traditional sound with outside influences

Touche Amore
Transit
Daylight
Basement
Title Fight
Turnover
Citizen

Nature Living from Japan is also quite good. They're one of the few modern post hardcore bands that I like. You also can't go wrong with Thursday.

Some of these bands may be more on the Midwest Emo side though. Dunno, you guys decide. hehe

Not too much of a midwest-mo fan and I cant' stand anything that comes after Cap'n Jazz (not even American Football) so yeah. I sort of grew into stuff like Shudder to Think. I'm guessing you're also a Revelation records fan? Your tastes tend to fall within that fanbase if you're into traditional post-hc and indiemo.

Also, finally, someone gets it! How do you feel about screamo revivalists and the whole "skram" thing?
Offset guitars for life.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2011, 11:35:10 AM »
Offset guitars for life.

Offline twannabehawk

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2011, 02:10:23 PM »
Not too much of a midwest-mo fan and I cant' stand anything that comes after Cap'n Jazz (not even American Football) so yeah. I sort of grew into stuff like Shudder to Think. I'm guessing you're also a Revelation records fan? Your tastes tend to fall within that fanbase if you're into traditional post-hc and indiemo.

Also, finally, someone gets it! How do you feel about screamo revivalists and the whole "skram" thing?

I"ll be honest, I'm more of a pop punk kid that just somehow strayed off into the Midwest hahaha. Just checked the roster of Revelation to familiarize myself again. I'm a big fan of the Shook Ones. Partly because of the Lifetime / Kid Dynamite influence. I also like Gorilla Biscuits and The Explosion but the rest of the roster, I only know them by name but I've never really thoroughly listened to them.

Likewise, I'm also not that familiar with the new skram revival but I've heard some good ones like Birds In Row. I like skram too but I'm still a noobzzz with the skram thing. I don't know too many bands aside from Pg99 and Orchid.

I guess we can't agree on the Midwest thing since I love American Football. Haha

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the vocalist of Caitlyn Bailey? Been wanting to see you guys when you went to Manila / Las Piñas.

Edit: Just backtracked a bit. REFUSED. The Shape of Punk to Come is intense. It can stand the test of time in my opinion.

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »
I"ll be honest, I'm more of a pop punk kid that just somehow strayed off into the Midwest hahaha. Just checked the roster of Revelation to familiarize myself again. I'm a big fan of the Shook Ones. I also like Gorilla Biscuits and The Explosion but the rest of the roster, I only know them by name but I've never really thoroughly listened to them.

Likewise, I'm also not that familiar with the new skram revival but I've heard some good ones like Birds In Row. I like skram too but I'm still a noobzzz with the skram thing. I don't know too many bands aside from Pg99 and Orchid.

I guess we can't agree on the Midwest thing since I love American Football. Haha

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't you the vocalist of Caitlyn Bailey? Been wanting to see you guys when you went to Manila / Las Piñas.

Edit: Just backtracked a bit. REFUSED. The Shape of Punk to Come is intense. It can stand the test of time in my opinion.

Yes, I was in Caitlyn Bailey. Didn't play the Saguijo and Las Pinas shows because of health reasons and personal conflicts. Our guitar player sang for those two nights. I did get back in the band in time to play the Yadu leg of Dead's Philippine tour. We broke up since then, only getting back together in August to play a formal farewell show. I just moved to Manila this year, actually. Our guitar player has this Hopesfall-type project and I just about left hardcore/punk for good. You sound cool, btw. I think I listened to way too much screamo in my lifetime lol.

Also, Refused are immaculate.
Offset guitars for life.

Offline twannabehawk

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2011, 02:26:50 PM »
Yes, I was in Caitlyn Bailey. Didn't play the Saguijo and Las Pinas shows because of health reasons and personal conflicts. Our guitar player sang for those two nights. I did get back in the band in time to play the Yadu leg of Dead's Philippine tour. We broke up since then, only getting back together in August to play a formal farewell show. I just moved to Manila this year, actually. Our guitar player has this Hopesfall-type project and I just about left hardcore/punk for good. You sound cool, btw. I think I listened to way too much screamo in my lifetime lol.

Also, Refused are immaculate.

There was one Saguijo date we were going to share the stage with but you guys couldn't make it. Haha That bummed me out hard! HAHA

Hope Manila's treating you well! Also heard about the breakup since Mr. Pulgar posted the vid of your last show. Wish I could've been there!

Offline EASYCORE

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 03:01:35 PM »
what about A Day to Remember?anyone listen to them?they're one of my favorite bands but I don't know if they're classified as post hardcore.

Go ako dto sir. Idol ko to. Post-harcore din cla. iba iba nmn mga genre ng mga knta nla e. pro mas ok sa knla easycore.  :-D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2011, 05:26:17 PM »
i dig nation of ulysses pinoy ung bassist nila, check out the song p power, tunkol sa filipino boy na pumatay ng tatlong kano   :evil:

some post hardcore na gusto ko: cap'n jazz,jawbox,3,fugazi,NOU,joan of arc,burning airlines,channels,cave in,snapcase,sparta, glassjore,

I sense a J. Robbins fan. :P
Offset guitars for life.

Offline sonikyut

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
Barurot
Atreyu
Silverstein
Sipon Ni Mael
Blithering Tinga
Glassjaw
It's heavy metal fatigue.                                                                                                      Postlude.

"Biruin mo na ang lasing maging ang bagong gising, wag lang sa βading na inagawan ng booking"... - George Harrison

Offline Daemon Transmission

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 06:32:32 PM »
 Any fans of Gay for Johnny Depp here?
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2012, 09:30:08 AM »
Any fans of Gay for Johnny Depp here?

No teeth, thumbs up! YEP. This guy. *points at self*