hulika

Author Topic: With no local support, Cynthia Alexander migrates to U.S.  (Read 10347 times)

Offline skrumian

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: With no local support, Cynthia Alexander migrates to U.S.
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2012, 10:55:49 PM »
Cynthia Alexander is my idol! but i have a different view.

saying "no local support" is unfair. maybe not enough-- not enough pay her bills etc. but do you really need to stick to music as source of income? you can venture income in many ways and not just music.

anyway, i view this like an ordinary decision of any filipinos-- because she simply CAN go out the country to look for greener pasture.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:57:12 PM by skrumian »
Looking for second hand but still in good condition books:
1) The Complete MBA for Dummies; and 2) The Ten Day MBA
PM me!

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »
"So if you do want to know the real reason behind all of this, we can personally ask her by going to her last few gigs (see schedule below). Cynthia Alexander embarks on a “Send-Off Series” with five separate performances to say goodbye to friends and fans before she leaves the Philippines."

Source:
http://www.myxph.com/features/3328/cynthia-alexanderthe-yahoo-article-is-not-an-official-press-release/

WOW!  haha

HAHAHAHA! suspense!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2012, 12:24:35 AM »
Yan ang masaklap. Reklamo ng reklamo na baduy ang musika ngayon, pero hindi naman sinusuportahan ang mga artist na dapat sinosuportahan.  :cry:

sapul na sapul

my song that' being aired in Sydney

Offline Sneaky Bastard

« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2012, 12:30:36 AM »
Yan ang masaklap. Reklamo ng reklamo na baduy ang musika ngayon, pero hindi naman sinusuportahan ang mga artist na dapat sinosuportahan.  :cry:

Good sir, nobody could put it ANY BETTER

Karamihan satin andaming SATSAT pero parating may dahilan kung bakit AYAW MANOOD NG LIVE GIG. Kesyo WALANG PERA, may TRABAHO o ISKEWL kinabukasan, masyadong MALAYO ang venue. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Butt-hurt much?

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2012, 01:39:44 AM »

Woah! RESPECT!

because she has it. i know very untalented people who do this - just because they have the money - not that CA isnt talented ha because she is.

Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2012, 01:43:41 AM »
nakakalungkot mas respected singer pa sina Willie Revillame and Anne Curtis kaysa kay Cynthia...tsk tsk..Ill wait for her to make it big abroad and be proud of being filipino because of her..HA! The Weather Report ....its a gloomy day for true pinoy music..

who said they are respected? they sell. but respect? wrong term.

i cant imagine it to be a loss... i mean, music is global nowadays, and with social media and all, people can check out and buy her new releases.

as for live gigs, there's always youtube. sometimes, i find it more satisfying than going to a gig where you its usually a cramped space and the show is delayed an hour

i agree. she wont be around, yes. but only because she believes she is worth more. so shes going where people can afford to pay for entrance fees and would actually buy their drinks.

yes it would be a loss for her admirers not to be able to see her perform live. but with this move to the US, shes telling you this: Ya'ol. You cant afford me no more.
Most Recent Successful Deals with: cap10weevil, carey, david_leyson, DyuN_whamMe, gt bass, guitarmaniacgino, jacobsarinas, jimny, jodencio, loydariel, pie_key, prince22, Spoonbender, sysrq1172, washburnt25

Offline grasyaps

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2012, 01:55:15 AM »
Cynthia Alexander is my idol! but i have a different view.

saying "no local support" is unfair. maybe not enough-- not enough pay her bills etc. but do you really need to stick to music as source of income? you can venture income in many ways and not just music.

anyway, i view this like an ordinary decision of any filipinos-- because she simply CAN go out the country to look for greener pasture.

i think all this bruhaha is caused by the TS hahahaha

i believe its not a lack of 'support' that has made her chose to migrate.

its the music atmosphere. with her deep lyrics and unusual melodies, the 'Pinoy' is not ready for her just yet.

look at it this way: why is that majority of our comedy clubs are packed with gays front-lining events? that even if you bring in Stephen Colbert or Ricky Gervais, with the same usual crowd, people would come out saying 'meh'.

exactly.

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2012, 02:09:07 AM »
at least she didn't sell out.

just, this...  :mrgreen:
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2012, 04:07:24 AM »
Who could blame her? She won't get any recognition as long as the media continues to dumb down Filipinos by feeding them crap they pass up as entertainment.

Offline pixelwise

« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2012, 04:46:04 AM »
I could be wrong but isn't her family pretty well off? That's how she and brother joey are able to live the life of music in the first place.

If so, she's leaving not for the money but for a wider, smarter audience. The Gagas and Minajs are coming to sell shows, the Cynthias are leaving. If Cynthia thinks she's too good for the Filipino audience, it's because she is. I'm too lazy to find out but what if she has songs at iTunes and most of her sales are from the US. Ikaw, won't you move there to better engage with the audience that clearly loves you more?

We don't "own" her and her art. And if this move catches the attention of more Filipinos, two birds with one stone then.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 07:30:14 AM »
sigurado sisikat yan sa states with her exotic looks and talent hehe tapos lalabas yan sa TV patrol na "pinoy singer sa amerika gumagawa ng pangalan" tapos ayan na madami na mag la like sa FB at mag fa follow sa twitter page niya, tapos iinvite na ulit dito yan sa pinas sa ASAP sasabayan nila piolo at jericho rosales ng kantahan sa stage tapos mga tao makiki cheer kahit hindi naman maka relate sa tugtog niya tipo mga makiki P!n0Y Pr!D3zz lang hehehe
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 07:32:06 AM by bugoy »

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 07:53:59 AM »
^kabisado yung pattern!  :lol:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 08:46:10 AM »
sigurado sisikat yan sa states with her exotic looks and talent hehe tapos lalabas yan sa TV patrol na "pinoy singer sa amerika gumagawa ng pangalan" tapos ayan na madami na mag la like sa FB at mag fa follow sa twitter page niya, tapos iinvite na ulit dito yan sa pinas sa ASAP sasabayan nila piolo at jericho rosales ng kantahan sa stage tapos mga tao makiki cheer kahit hindi naman maka relate sa tugtog niya tipo mga makiki P!n0Y Pr!D3zz lang hehehe

hahahahaha EXACTO sobra! hahaha
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline IncX

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 11:52:59 AM »
who said they are respected? they sell. but respect? wrong term.

i agree. she wont be around, yes. but only because she believes she is worth more. so shes going where people can afford to pay for entrance fees and would actually buy their drinks.

i wont put words into people's mouth

she is leaving because USA has more guitar choices lol at least that's how i think of it.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
^nah, mas iniisip ko irerestart nya ang grunge era.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline ysei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 12:20:09 PM »
With no local support? Maybe yes but it couldn't be the only reason.
If you would derive this into Filipino terminologies (for some), migrating to US is like saying "I need a better life".  (perhaps)

Sino ba dito walang kamag anak sa ibang bansa?
Majority, halos pareho pareho lang naman ang mga reasons kung bakit madaming nangingibang bansa. It's a cliche.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.
On vacation...

Offline DiMarzSiao™

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »
^nah, mas iniisip ko irerestart nya ang grunge era.

see you in Seattle ...  :-D

← ʍɐʎıɥ

Offline mozart123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2012, 02:40:23 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
check out my new page:Condo for sale Luzon.

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2012, 08:03:12 PM »
i think all this bruhaha is caused by the TS hahahaha

i believe its not a lack of 'support' that has made her chose to migrate.

its the music atmosphere. with her deep lyrics and unusual melodies, the 'Pinoy' is not ready for her just yet.

look at it this way: why is that majority of our comedy clubs are packed with gays front-lining events? that even if you bring in Stephen Colbert or Ricky Gervais, with the same usual crowd, people would come out saying 'meh'.

exactly.

There you go.

Offline dharzfreeman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2012, 08:05:43 PM »
With no local support? Maybe yes but it couldn't be the only reason.
If you would derive this into Filipino terminologies (for some), migrating to US is like saying "I need a better life".  (perhaps)

Sino ba dito walang kamag anak sa ibang bansa?

Majority, halos pareho pareho lang naman ang mga reasons kung bakit madaming nangingibang bansa. It's a cliche.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

+1. Halos lahat ng mahuhusay mas pinipiling lumayas dito, at ang natitira dito ay tuso.  :-\

PHILMUSIC EQUALIZER

Offline bisagra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 04:37:32 AM »
Baby, I know how life’s been unkind to you
Sure, you’ve seen the baddest times of your life
I’m not in a position to change what
has transpired, no

(I’ll wait for you) for how long it takes
(Baby, I’ll wait for you) believe in me, baby
(Baby, I’ll wait for you) You gotta believe it
Baby (Honey), I saw you and I knew what’s on your mind
Something’s hangin’ that has got to be (cut loose)
Only you can make it happen if you decide (if you do)
Want you to know
You gotta believe it.
Some things you just got to do for yourself
I’ll be there just to see you thru
I must confess, baby I’ll help in any
little way I can
(Baby, I’ll wait for you) You’ve got to believe it
(Baby, I’ll wait for you) No, no, no
matter how my heart breaks
(Baby, I’ll wait for you) Believe in me, baby
(I’ll wait for you) For how long it takes
(baby, I’ll wait for you) You got to believe it, baby
(I’ll wait for you) No matter how long it takes
(baby, I’ll wait for you) You got to believe it

I’ll wait for…

Miss Cynthia Alexander, alam ko babalik ka rin balang araw.......... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
There are no Good Sounding Tricycles

Offline UselessFingers17

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2012, 11:15:45 AM »

haha! mismo to sir! :lol: :lol: :lol:
tapos yung tipong may mag aaway pa na pinoy sa mga youtube vids nya tapos mga spam ng "proud to be pinoy" post  <_<

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
tapos yung tipong may mag aaway pa na pinoy sa mga youtube vids nya tapos mga spam ng "proud to be pinoy" post

isa pang SOP ng mga flips to! hahahahaha....tapos pag nanominate si Cynthia ng Grammys for best new artist..tapos instead of her nanalo yung isang White guys singer with guitar...

Magproprotesta mga Pinoy na pinas at sa amerika na LUTO at Dinaya siya.....

TRUE STORY
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline inzsairis

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2012, 10:15:04 PM »
this is a big loss..... masyado kasing commercialized ang mainstream OPM eh, natatabunan na tuloy yung mga magagaling.... nakakalunkgot di lang sa bass magaling yan, pati sa guitar... gustong gusto ko yung Comet's Tail.... parang  Tori Amos yung feel

agree ako hindi pa handa cguro ang pinoy sa ganitong music, pero kelan pa kaya? sa ibang bansa eh kahit yung mainstream nila eh kahit catchy eh malalalim yung lyrics and composition. (JAPAN)

satin kasi yung mga mainstream artist eh kung hindi novelty song reindition ng lumang kanta o ng kantang banyaga.... di na sila gumagawa ng sarili nilang kanta.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:23:44 PM by inzsairis »
Inter spem et metum... Inter arma carita

Offline qroon

• Tanod
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »
Kaya lang tingin natin na mas tanggap sa ibang bansa ang certain genres eh dahil mas malaki ang population nila. Niche market pa rin naman ang type of music Cynthia Alexander. Yun nga lang, ang 1% ng population dun eh baka 3% na natin ang katumbas in raw numbers.

Semper Erectus
Spur | Helical | Bevel | Hypoid | Crown | Epicyclic