hulika

Author Topic: join the club band....underrated ba?  (Read 23046 times)

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: join the club band....underrated ba?
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 11:47:43 AM »

tapos sa join da club, hindi ko alam kung bakit pumayag sila na ganun yung album cover nila, tsk tsk tsk

migs mendoza (the guitarist) designed the whole layout of their album hehe.

Offline acousticky14

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »
yep.. i saw them perform live sa JIG.. the drummer was great.. the vocalist has a nice voice... hmmmm.. that's it.. and mejo na weird ung band name nila  :-D

Offline stompmoko

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2007, 12:30:34 PM »

tapos sa join da club, hindi ko alam kung bakit pumayag sila na ganun yung album cover nila, tsk tsk tsk

umm, yung sinasabi ko yung album na nasa cover sila.. parang sablay kasi yung dating eh
color of the day is monkey sh1t brown

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2007, 07:15:39 PM »
No offense to Migz, but they looked... bleh in their Repackaged cover album. I prefer the kalog and kwela JTC than the serious-bordering-on-EMO JTC. Naalala ko nung di pa sikat JTC, I was part of a concert-organizing committee sa La Salle. We had The Speaks and Barbie on the list. Then Join The Club came up... Ano 'to? Hip-hop? Pano nasali to dito? (Not putting down hip-hop, it was a pop/rock/alternative show kasi)

But I was hooked after the first time I saw them. Pao the drummer is, well, one of my influences hehehe. (Minus the crazy antics. I broke my drum stool trying to stand on it.)
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2007, 12:28:55 AM »
No offense to Migz, but they looked... bleh in their Repackaged cover album. I prefer the kalog and kwela JTC than the serious-bordering-on-EMO JTC. Naalala ko nung di pa sikat JTC, I was part of a concert-organizing committee sa La Salle.

yeah, i know. nagstart silang sumikat from our school, sa uste. they played semi major events, tapos si pao talaga ang nagstand out. punk pa ang image nila nun, at sobrang down to earth ang mga ugali nila, lalo na si congie at si pao.

well, i don't know what happened, pero hindi ko na sila malapitan tulad ng dati.

umm, yung sinasabi ko yung album na nasa cover sila.. parang sablay kasi yung dating eh

aah yung repackaged album ba yung sinasabi mo. well, isa ako sa mga hindi sang-ayon sa paglalabas nila ng repackaged.

it would've been better if they released a second album, sa dami ba naman ng kanta ni biboy. but, well, if the recording company says so, wala nang magagawa jan. hehe

Offline drummerboy827

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2007, 11:27:46 PM »
I hate their hair. Nagmumuka silang madumi dahil sa hair eh. Pero ung music nila okay. Energetic. I hate the voice nga lang...
"Fast practice = slow progress"
"Slow practice = fast progress"

Offline hardcore misery

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2007, 11:37:52 PM »
^ PIPO, member ka ng join the club diba? paki sagot nga sir yung tanong :-D
BOSS MetalZone II / GTX-BOSTON HeavyMetal 100 OVERKILL MOD
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,71925.0.html

Offline drummer_boy17

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2007, 04:23:23 PM »
magaling ang Join the club.. laging nasa timing!!.. :)
FLY FAST PHOTOGRAPHY: Click Here

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2007, 04:28:17 PM »
ang daming drummerboy ah ahaha

Offline pipo

« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 02:06:04 PM »
^ PIPO, member ka ng join the club diba? paki sagot nga sir yung tanong :-D

^^^sir there must be some misunderstanding here.idol ko lang po sila & their music really influence me in my playing style.not a member.just a big fan lang po.peace. :lol:

No offense to Migz, but they looked... bleh in their Repackaged cover album. I prefer the kalog and kwela JTC than the serious-bordering-on-EMO JTC. Naalala ko nung di pa sikat JTC, I was part of a concert-organizing committee sa La Salle.

yeah, i know. nagstart silang sumikat from our school, sa uste. they played semi major events, tapos si pao talaga ang nagstand out. punk pa ang image nila nun, at sobrang down to earth ang mga ugali nila, lalo na si congie at si pao.

well, i don't know what happened, pero hindi ko na sila malapitan tulad ng dati.

aah yung repackaged album ba yung sinasabi mo. well, isa ako sa mga hindi sang-ayon sa paglalabas nila ng repackaged.

it would've been better if they released a second album, sa dami ba naman ng kanta ni biboy. but, well, if the recording company says so, wala nang magagawa jan. hehe

^^^i agree sir...dapat 2nd album na lang instead of a repack.dami pa silang songs na di pa narerelease...more power to the guys! :lol:

up ko na rin to. :-D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:09:10 PM by pipo »
1. Do you know for sure that you are going to be with God in Heaven?
2. GOD: “Why should I let you into My Heaven?”
 what would you say?

Offline blackhawk7a

« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2007, 01:52:08 PM »
Ako wala talaga q masabi sa Join The Club,ganda ng mga kanta,,nakakarelate talaga ako,tpos ung drummer c pao,galing napapanuod ko un sa t.v.tumatayo tayo pa,pero ayos pa din...ang astig din ng porma nila,pti mga buhok,hehe...

Offline blackhawk7a

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »
Ako wala talaga q masabi sa Join The Club,ganda ng mga kanta,,nakakarelate talaga ako,tpos ung drummer c pao,galing napapanuod ko un sa t.v.tumatayo tayo pa,pero ayos pa din...ang astig din ng porma nila,pti mga buhok,hehe...

Offline dissociative

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2007, 12:07:03 PM »
Yeah, JTC is kinda underrated. Like everyone said, they're awesome performers live and can really get a crowd going! And yes, Pao Santiago is the man when it comes to drumming. I was able to watch them during HS, 3rd year pa sila that time and play Deftones, even that time everyone respects his talent in drumming :D With regards to their album, what I don't like about it lang is its too focused on making fast-paced music. I read an Inquirer article before stating "Join the Club? not just yet". I find that article honest, maybe you guys should read it.

With regards to Callalily, you can say that their driving force is their drummer, and even the band members attest to that. They're great live, solid and and sound really tight. Give them a few more years, (they're just turning 20 - 21), and I'm sure by their second or third album, they'll be gaining more musical maturity :D

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »

With regards to Callalily, you can say that their driving force is their drummer, and even the band members attest to that. They're great live, solid and and sound really tight. Give them a few more years, (they're just turning 20 - 21), and I'm sure by their second or third album, they'll be gaining more musical maturity :D

just so as long as they don't drag and brag their looks on-stage and off.

Offline pipo

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2007, 10:34:53 PM »
 :-D :-) :-( :-o :? 8-) :lol: :x :-P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :wink: :| :mrgreen:......
 what would you say?

Offline MarkRelos

« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2007, 03:26:51 AM »
Where are they now? I know their still playing and stuff. But no more upcoming singles?

They maybe under the list titled
"Bands that come and go"

one hit wonder bands?
At sa pag tulog ng gabi maririnig ang dasal na ang kabataan uhaw sa tunay na pag mamahal " -

Offline jaythegame

• Veteran Member
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2007, 05:31:04 AM »

calla lily? no comment
geeesh

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2007, 11:50:40 AM »
Where are they now? I know their still playing and stuff. But no more upcoming singles?

They maybe under the list titled
"Bands that come and go"

one hit wonder bands?

I don't know if this news is even worth speculation, but I'll share it anyway...

Our school org planned a major concert last year, to be produced by then-97.1 Campus Radio (Yeah, I'm one of those who hate Baranggay LS) DJ Triggerman and MixSonic Productions (who produced events such as the Penshoppe 'cert and the Colt 45 Rockista thing). We met up with Triggerman with a possible line-up of bands for the concert. He didn't seem to like the fact that JTC was on our list, stating that Campus had some friction with JTC's manager. Is that why they're pretty much off the tube? I remember watching guesting after guesting last year. They were in SOP, SIS, ASAP, and other shows. Now, it's like JTC's under the radar.
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »

Now, it's like JTC's under the radar.

i hope its because of a new album. visit their Y!G, im sure you'll find out why. :-)

Offline oloc

• Veteran Member
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2007, 09:32:24 AM »

ano ba ang rating ng join the club ? dapat i-settle muna ang rating before malaman kung underrated.

Offline pipo

« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2007, 01:51:23 PM »
up! up! up!..hehehehe :-D
 what would you say?

Offline insultedgamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2007, 06:18:38 PM »
Total naman JTC na rin pinag-uusapan magtatanong lang.

Dun sa Vid ng dekada san yun ginawa?

At saka ung part na kunwari may hawak silang instrument.

Wala ba talaga yun oh tinanggal sa editing? :?

Non sense ba? Sorry
Please be active at Pinoy Music Fan Forums. :)

Offline blackhawk7a

« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

Non sense ba? Sorry

Wala talaga silang instrument dun,halata naman eh...

Offline pipo

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2007, 12:14:49 AM »

Non sense ba? Sorry

sa escolta yun...same spot where bamboo shoot their video hallelujah... :-D
 what would you say?

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2007, 12:19:32 AM »

how can you remove something in a video + make anything behind the guitar appear at the same time?

:-D