hulika

Author Topic: what 'bout EMO, EMO-PUNK?  (Read 19399 times)

Offline lucy_monostone

what 'bout EMO, EMO-PUNK?
« on: February 22, 2005, 02:52:51 PM »
recently i just notice dumadami ung nahihilig sa EMO (another rock genre), marami na rin akong napuntahang gigs na puro emo or emo-punk ung tugtugan...hhhhmmmnnn baket kaya??? i like the band dearly departed i think emo rin un...sa ngayon un lang ung gusto ko sa lahat ng emo bands na napakinggan ko....parang wala na ung hardcore, nu-metal scene na trend dati...maraming punk at emo na ba ngayon???? 8)

Offline jay dayrit

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:17:42 AM »
Cguro ngkataon lng yan. I listened punk music but I like Hardcore, metalcore music a lot more. :)
pucha natatae ko!

Offline isis

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 06:16:22 AM »
uso kasi ... parang yung nu metal a few years back.
i'm not crazy. the rest of the world is.

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2005, 06:46:12 AM »
hate to say "I told you guys", but it's true. just read my topic "Why Nu-Metal Sucks"...you'll get all the answers to your questions why "Nu" isnt NEW anymore, and details why it died off easily...now a new trend is coming along this so-called "emo" music. it has been around for a long time it just haven't found its proper publicity yet..

..but i tell you this let's not let this happen! support true rock music and not these trends.

Offline jm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 02:12:57 PM »
generation 2 generation lang yan!!!!! :wink:

Offline Boy Sets Fire

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 08:40:55 PM »
I don't think it's out 'cause it's "uso". I don't think regular people are capable of putting up an emo band aswell. You must be a musical genius to put up a good emo band. From the band's poetry and the musical arrangements.

The genre is split in two types. Good emo and Bad emo. Most filipino bands that I heard who are trying to be emo are in the bad side. But it's good that they are trying.

Offline narcosis

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 01:01:48 PM »
yup pero just to emphasize, iba yung punk EMO today sa old school punk before..
Fun Is Fun, Done Is Done

Offline Boy Sets Fire

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 06:21:59 PM »
Old school punk ay plain punk. The Clash, The Ramones, Stiff Little Fingers, etc.

Emo is a completely different genre. Often described as bands with whiny vocals and very sad lyrics.

Offline vinCe-uv7bk

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 09:04:04 PM »
as far as i know EMO = pOSsSSsSSerS  :?  :lol:

hey anyone is free to express their opinion  :wink:

Offline Boy Sets Fire

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 10:31:30 AM »
Quote from: vinCe-uv7bk

Yeah I agree with the latter statement. But back it up with a reason. What makes you say that they're posers?

Offline jm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005, 05:04:05 PM »
Quote from: Boy Sets Fire

Yeah I agree with the latter statement. But back it up with a reason. What makes you say that they're posers?

hey guys music got different styles...
datz y 'tis called music ayt???? :twisted:

Offline narcosis

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005, 05:17:29 PM »
amoy band aid ahehehe
Fun Is Fun, Done Is Done

Offline jm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 06:06:14 PM »
Quote from: narcosis
amoy band aid ahehehe

amoy lang!!! :lol:

Offline vinCe-uv7bk

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 11:52:49 PM »
Quote from: jm
Quote from: Boy Sets Fire

hey guys music got different styles...
datz y 'tis called music ayt???? :twisted:

cuz they dress up like old skul rockers they have EMO lyrics they pose as if they work rock bands they have all these tats and all that syet they have no talent at all i bet anyone can play what they play.... and they get big money...

oh well i guess its what the people want anyway music has become a market more like bussiness thing where corporates make bands like boi bands EMO bands to make money.

i guess its the new thrend. but to tell you the truth it just irritates the living hell out of me...... dunno i gues its their trying hard act.... i just hate it period...  :lol:

Offline narcosis

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 10:26:42 AM »
heheh boiling na dito ah! anyways, anything that has too much spotlight on it will most likely fadeaway in just a blink.. Pag na abuse na masyado yung concept kusa na rin yan mawawala.. kaya ingat lang sana wag abusuhin para di maglaho.
Fun Is Fun, Done Is Done

Offline rv2underground

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 02:09:46 PM »
Quote from: narcosis
heheh boiling na dito ah! anyways, anything that has too much spotlight on it will most likely fadeaway in just a blink.. Pag na abuse na masyado yung concept kusa na rin yan mawawala.. kaya ingat lang sana wag abusuhin para di maglaho.

your right, see but the thing is these record companies wont give a s h i t about their artists future. what they will do is squeeze the every penny they can get out of em' and dump em' when their all washed out.

they want instant money. that's all there is to it.

Offline humbucker7th

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 05:05:50 AM »
i just dont like EMO...
you rock me,, i rock you,,

Offline jm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 09:57:43 PM »
i thnk emo is cute :p  :-({|=  \:D/  :mrgreen:

Offline humbucker7th

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2005, 11:33:15 AM »
hey jm.. i got something for you dito.. it explains why i have this statement...

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=5078

Offline baby_poly

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 11:33:50 PM »
"Emo" yun ba ung best friend ni "Cookie Monster"? :lol:
I'm living on the edge of a broken dream.

Offline skunkk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2005, 05:40:22 PM »
dashboard confessionals gihapon orig......

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2005, 12:38:33 AM »
baka si cookie chua ung bestfriend ni cookie monster.

shempre corny.  :roll:

anyway.. i think as musicians we must respect others who also practice the fine art. :) kung un ung estilo nila e di fine. i think the concept of "emo" is good, just as "grunge" was good...

kaya lang ang problema pag naggayahan na sila-sila mismo. un ung badtrip. for example, hindi naman manipis ung boses mo at hindi ka naman amerikano para mag-"slang" tapos pinipilit mo.. ah.. ibang usapan na yon. POSING na yun.

i think one can be "emo" kahit hindi ka mala-dashboard confessionals. heck, i think even sugarfree qualifies as "emo". pakinggan nyo ung kandila sa dramachine album.. ganda ng lyrics. :)

Offline humbucker7th

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2005, 05:47:19 PM »
i read emo bands are those who dont know much about music,, they just plug in their guitars, pound the drums, make their lyrics, and if they hear that they created good riffs, they have a song  IMHO lang peace sa mga emo jan

Offline idespisehumanity

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2005, 03:23:48 PM »
I f*ckin hate emo...

Emo kids, or 'fags', as they're more commonly known, spend their youth [or more specifically ages 15-20] whining about ex girlfriends/boyfriends, and about how much life sucks. They dress like gay punks. They get dumped then they go and sit in a dark room without a light bulb and they sit and cry and write songs about it. They use stupid language, like "that is teh f*cking sex" and so on. They say they don't care what people think about them, yet they spend f*cking tons of money and time on hairstyling and clothes. They are spoilt little cunts, who, more often than not [but not always] are only-children, who then get all of their parents attention and a hell of a lot of money, so they can then carry complaining about how everyone hates them and they'd be better off dead, and they're so unloved, and "oh, I'm gonna go kill myself now" etc...
That is emo (a little stereotypical.. but, f*ck it), the most superficial selfish bunch of cock-riders ever to grace this planet.
"Yeah, I play guitar and some bass"- Me
"Really? I love a guy with FAST fingers"- one of my chick friends

Offline zteeg

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2005, 04:53:46 PM »
Emo kids, or 'fags', as they're more commonly known, spend their youth [or more specifically ages 15-20] whining about ex girlfriends/boyfriends, and about how much life sucks. They dress like gay punks. They get dumped then they go and sit in a dark room without a light bulb and they sit and cry and write songs about it. They use stupid language, like "that is teh **** sex" and so on. They say they don't care what people think about them, yet they spend **** tons of money and time on hairstyling and clothes. They are spoilt little cunts, who, more often than not [but not always] are only-children, who then get all of their parents attention and a hell of a lot of money, so they can then carry complaining about how everyone hates them and they'd be better off dead, and they're so unloved, and "oh, I'm gonna go kill myself now" etc...
That is emo (a little stereotypical.. but **** it), the most superficial selfish bunch of cock-riders ever to grace this planet.

nice, nice emo profile  :twisted: you probably summed it up best for us
CLASS IS IN SESSION!