hulika

Author Topic: slapshock should tour the us...let me know if you agree  (Read 19583 times)

Offline C-D-F

slapshock should tour the us...let me know if you agree
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 01:30:03 AM »
...unless they are suicidal

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2006, 10:00:31 PM »
i seriously doubt theyd be appreciated there. talent-wise, id have to say slapshock still has a lot to improve on. but don't get me wrong because pinapakinggan ko sila dati and sa totoo lang, nagustuhan ko rin sila. but the thing is masasapawan lang sila ng mga banda sa states. they ae hard working but so far hanggang dun pa lang sila. but hey, improvements are on the way. their last album was actually pretty good.  :D
still insane...

Offline emo_bastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2006, 02:14:55 PM »
Quote from: Santo Muerte
^Why the fvck can't I post the word "c o m p e t i t i o n" normally?

LOL. mebbe bcoz there's "T I T I" on it. anyway, i disagree. Slapshock is not that good.

Offline Monochromatic Stains

• Netizen Level
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2006, 09:50:49 PM »
I have to agree with the people who say Slapshock don't really offer anything new. Their style was almost done to death when they came out...and now at this time, nu-metal's that much short of a joke. It's pretty much considered an insult in the rock/metal community, unless it's done on purpose.

Since metalcore's what's 'in' right now, I think Valley Of Chrome would be a much better candidate for a U.S. tour. They blow Slapshock out of the water, anyway. Have Typecast and Chicosci come with them, and you have one awesome OPM rock tour. It's just the fickle American audiences that they have to worry about.

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2006, 09:57:43 PM »
Quote from: Monochromatic Stains
...It's just the fickle American audiences that they have to worry about.

yeah, they'd laugh their arses off when one of the frontmen from those bands you mentioned tried to get the crowd going by saying something like, "HELLO, AMERICA! WHAT'S GOING ON IN DIS PLACE? EBERIBADY RAK OUT!" uhhh, something like that. *has a hyperactive imagination*

• Netizen Level
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2006, 10:08:53 PM »
Quote from: hello_apocalypse
...It's just the fickle American audiences that they have to worry about.

yeah, they'd laugh their arses off when one of the frontmen from those bands you mentioned tried to get the crowd going by saying something like, "HELLO, AMERICA! WHAT'S GOING ON IN DIS PLACE? EBERIBADY RAK OUT!" uhhh, something like that. *has a hyperactive imagination*

Actually, Valley Of Chrome's singer can pull off some decent sounding English. He sounds like Zack De La Rocha when he's talking to the crowd "I'ma speak English for y'all who don't understand, ya know?" to quote him.

I can imagine the dude from Typecast doing that though (I saw him interviewed in Southville Battle Of The Bands in English, he preferred to answer in Filipino). Though most of those bands sing in English anyway, so I guess they could pull it off.

If you want an example of people with funny accents AND bad English touring the States...try L'Arc~en~Ciel. Their vocalist could barely even speak cohesively in English, and the crowd still went wild when he asked them "doe youa eatu KRABUS?! (do you eat crabs?)". That, and that very concert with the bad English holds the world record in fastest venue sellout time (54,000 tickets in 4 minutes).

By the way, about your post in my thread looking for members, I'm a pretty versatile player (not one-dimensional) ;), most of my friends can vouch for that. I just wanna rawk. \m/

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2006, 12:37:09 AM »
If you want an example of people with funny accents AND bad English touring the States...try L'Arc~en~Ciel. Their vocalist could barely even speak cohesively in English, and the crowd still went wild when he asked them "doe youa eatu KRABUS?! (do you eat crabs?)". That, and that very concert with the bad English holds the world record in fastest venue sellout time (54,000 tickets in 4 minutes).

well, that's mainly because of japanese rock's large international fanbase and l'arc~en~ciel being one of the most popular japanese rock bands ever. valley of chrome and typecast on the other hand... they're only known in the philippines and they're not even that popular so i dunno how they'll do in a foreign country. :D

By the way, about your post in my thread looking for members, I'm a pretty versatile player (not one-dimensional) ;), most of my friends can vouch for that. I just wanna rawk. \m/

bad ass, me too! right now we've got me on guitar, a bassist, and a drummer. we have a vocalist but i'm not sure on her yet...

we've just started trying out original songs of mine i wrote years ago. most of my songs are basically alt-rock but there's influences from loads of other genres scattered around and [gooey brown stuff]. i'd love to play really heavy [gooey brown stuff] but i can't write heavy songs! :?

anyway, we rehearse at a studio in pacita so i dunno... pm me if you're interested. i want this band to play anything as long as it gets people headbanging or feeling the music! :D

Offline buliwyf

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2006, 12:44:35 AM »
i don't like slapshock's music, but there's not reason to pull them down. if may promoter na mag dala sa kanila sa states then thats great news for everybody, at least someone's putting an effort to promote pinoy musicians. i still won't listen their music, but c'mon, don't pull them down like some hater (or a better word, "crab").

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2006, 12:51:20 AM »
Quote from: buliwyf
i don't like slapshock's music, but there's not reason to pull them down. if may promoter na mag dala sa kanila sa states then thats great news for everybody, at least someone's putting an effort to promote pinoy musicians. i still won't listen their music, but c'mon, don't pull them down like some hater (or a better word, "crab").

eh, i think there's loads of local bands that are better than slapshock right now so promoting slapshock in america is actually a bad idea 'cause people there will think that we're still stuck in the nu-metal age here in the philippines when we're actually not. we're in the rip-offs and pogi rock era now. :P

• Netizen Level
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2006, 07:03:37 AM »
Quote from: buliwyf

If you're referring to me, I'm not slagging on Slapshock. I just said that they're trying to capitalize on an overplayed genre that many are sick of already. If they can make it in the States despite that, then more power to them.

well, that's mainly because of japanese rock's large international fanbase and l'arc~en~ciel being one of the most popular japanese rock bands ever. valley of chrome and typecast on the other hand... they're only known in the philippines and they're not even that popular so i dunno how they'll do in a foreign country. :D

I'm aware of that. I just wanted to make an example of a singer using horrible English. ;) Check out their Live In The USA DVD if only to get a laugh (though the footage and sound quality is pristine).

I'll PM you about that jamming deal. That'll be later though. I have about 5 minutes before I have to go. I'll see you then.

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 08:54:39 PM »
eh, i think there's loads of local bands that are better than slapshock right now so promoting slapshock in america is actually a bad idea 'cause people there will think that we're still stuck in the nu-metal age here in the philippines when we're actually not. we're in the rip-offs and pogi rock era now. :P

yup.. we are currently in the "emo" age. haha
still insane...

Offline hello_apocalypse

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2006, 12:55:18 PM »
Quote from: nevermindemily

yup.. we are currently in the "emo" age. haha

hehe, naaah, globally we're in the emo age but here in the philippines i don't think we are yet. this country's so far behind. -_-

Offline nevermindemily

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 09:31:29 AM »

hehe, naaah, globally we're in the emo age but here in the philippines i don't think we are yet. this country's so far behind. -_-

you should go to my school. the only bands my classmates listen to are my chem, the used, saosin, etc. i don't have anything against listening to that kind of music since ako rin naman nakikinig. pero masama kasi sa amin yun lang talaga pinapakinggan. hell, people here think you're suicidal if you listen to heavy music.  :(
still insane...

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2006, 05:16:48 PM »
slapshock, touring?- if the run of the mill working bands toiling here in the bars play better than the kids in Slapshock, why would you want to listen to em much less see their playing in front of you? i listened to the record, even saw clips of the concerts live - the playing is amateurish at best.

and listening to heavy music isn't dangerous, please, my parents even know who 6 Feet Under and Dying Fetus are and they are well in their 50s. Ignorance is what labels metal enthusiasts as crazy - no sense in trying to convince others of what they don't understand, no?

But it is true, even in the past, the Phils has always been slow in catching up with the rest of the world. However, what gets me is the tendency of the Phils music scene to follow others. Slapshock....can you say Limp Bizkit wanna be? The new songs? Dude even tries to sing and cross over to the vocal styles of Doug Robb from Hoobastank. Yeah, love your originality. I will keep my money for a burger or something. Maybe they can use the potential touring money for guitar lessons or better lyrics.

The philippines has a treasure trove of unique and culturally unmistakable resources. WHY hasn't a metal band collaborated with Joey Ayala yet? or done a duet with a renowned artist such as freddie aguilar or his contemporaries? an electronica record should have incorporated the kulintang already!! heck, even Japan makes unique music that touches on their culture as do the chinese - why can't we?
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline wickerz

« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2006, 12:15:26 PM »
slapshock.... hmmm... based on my analysis
kung meron mang aappreciate na music nila sa u.s
siguro konti lang din.... pero malay nyo sumablay ang analysis ko...
 :idea:
metal head rox.

Offline zuperk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2006, 07:32:43 PM »
ok naman silang magpadala ng manunood eh
sa sobrang dala nga nung mga tao
nung napanuod ko concert
may patay pa nga eh hehehehe

depende pa din siguro, iba iba din naman siguro ang gusto
nung mga puti
..............Z.U.P.E.R.K..............

Offline corecreatives

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2006, 12:28:59 AM »
One thing, Jamir should improve his pronunciation first.
Specially the 'th'.
musicforthemorningafter.

Offline Sei

• Netizen Level
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2006, 04:46:00 AM »
isnt slapshock emo?? damn.. i hate emo.. i hate emo kids.. i hate it!! augh

im on a cliff
 www.yahooka.com

Offline corecreatives

« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2006, 06:42:48 AM »
Rap-Metal is the category. And it's dead.
musicforthemorningafter.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2006, 01:09:48 PM »
Quote from: corecreatives
Rap-Metal is the category. And it's dead.

yup, it's dead alright. when 11-year-old wannabe kids started to play along and headbang to their music, they sold out the genre and their careers as well.. heck, even the Greyhoundz regularly hook up with Gloc9 and Francis M. just to spark some interest from the viewers..  :roll:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline corecreatives

« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2006, 04:42:10 AM »
Exactly.
Most of the old rap metal bands have already collaborated with hip-hop artists.
This is true even in the international scene. Just look at Linkin Park and Jay-Z.
So Slapshock, why don't you hook up with Salbakuta now and get along?

Hehe. Just kidding.
musicforthemorningafter.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2006, 05:15:14 AM »
dba ang slapshock eh smalltime copycat ng Korn at Limp Bizkit ? paano yan ? eh kung limp bizkit at korn d na pinapansin sa US ngayon sila pa kaya ? nakakainis yung pagkant nung vocalist nila eheheh ang panget na nga pakinggan ni fred durst ginagaya pa.

palagay ko mas maapreciate pa ang wolfgang, razorback at imago dun sa US

Offline corecreatives

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2006, 05:22:26 AM »
Yeah, I think that's why Basti's there.
Different band nga lang.
musicforthemorningafter.

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2006, 05:30:29 AM »
Quote from: corecreatives
Yeah, I think that's why Basti's there.
Different band nga lang.

yun yata yung brain salad dba ? kasama nya si wolf at si david aguirre ng razorback ?

Offline corecreatives

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2006, 06:57:54 AM »
Nope. Brain Salad doesn't even have Basti in it.
You should listen to it, by the way. Great album, one of a kind.

'Kitaan' ata name ng band nya dun.
musicforthemorningafter.