hulika

Author Topic: New album review: Bon Jovi's "Lost Highway"  (Read 999 times)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
New album review: Bon Jovi's "Lost Highway"
« on: August 18, 2007, 10:21:29 AM »
Bon Jovi's latest album, "Lost Highway" is quite a departure from their traditional glam rock-infused sound, giving their latest collection of tunes a more country rockish kind of vibe. This is a surprising change as the band is known for being one of the few bands who stayed true to their style since starting out. The carrier single, "Lost Highway," is a testament to the more open-sounding kind of music that they are trying to explore. Some tracks still have the traditional Bon Jovi flavor, such as "We Got It Going On" and "Everybody's Broken" to keep the old-time fans satisfied. One good way to fully appreciate "Lost Highway" is not to stereotype Bon Jovi as a purely glam rock group because as the old saying goes, the only permanent thing in this world is change :)

My personal favorites are: "The Last Night," "Whole Lot of Leaving," "Lost Highway" and "We Got It Going On" (what a sick talk box guitar solo!)

My rating: 7/10
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20