hulika

Author Topic: Help on pick-ups  (Read 2003 times)

Offline stinkface07292006

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Help on pick-ups
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:29:21 AM »
Mga gurus. Ask ko lang po kung ano suggested (brand or etc) pups para sa H-S-S na style?

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Help on pick-ups
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 12:30:33 PM »
Depende yan, stink. What's your genre/style of music?
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 06:13:17 PM »
Tap, more on rock-heavy pero would like yung tipong flexible sa lahat.

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 07:37:49 PM »
 DiMarzio Super Distortion  ..... Maganda balanse nito brad, yung iba kase kung hindi bitin sa gain (output)  , bitin sa harmonics...covered ka na rin sa Metal if ever mag-transition ka dito  :)

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 05:29:39 AM »
Kenny, compared sa seymour duncan jb? Alin mas panalo?

Offline KennyKen

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 05:57:32 AM »
Kenny, compared sa seymour duncan jb? Alin mas panalo?

Depende sa tugtugan yan kasi, the JB has more bite sa Modern Metal, pero I really prefer the Super Distortion for solos and 80's  Rock/Metal stuff, you can't really choose between the two kung alin ang mas versatile sayo, like I said depende yan sa genre na taste mo.. You have to hear it personally, pero wood is critical here, based on my experience, sa Mahogany lang talaga swak ang either JB or Super Distortion.

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 07:42:44 AM »
if I had an H-S-S guitar, i'd try the following:

Bridge: Seymour Duncan Pegasus
Middle: Dimarzio Injector
Neck: Dimarzio Injector
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 08:45:50 AM »
Depende sa tugtugan yan kasi, the JB has more bite sa Modern Metal, pero I really prefer the Super Distortion for solos and 80's  Rock/Metal stuff, you can't really choose between the two kung alin ang mas versatile sayo, like I said depende yan sa genre na taste mo.. You have to hear it personally, pero wood is critical here, based on my experience, sa Mahogany lang talaga swak ang either JB or Super Distortion.
Di ko sure kung anong wood ginamit sa GenesiSeries G-Series M315F.

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:00 PM »
Tap, more on rock-heavy pero would like yung tipong flexible sa lahat.

I've used DiMarzio 36th Anniversary and Transition pickups and they're both very useable from classic rock to heavier music (although it probably won't do Periphery/Meshuggah territory).

Yung maganda sa kanila, they split well, so you can still get good quack in the notch positions.

As for the single coils, I'm not impressed with very hot pups, I tend to go for your typical Alnico 2-5 stuff. The Artec Giovanni's are relatively cheap, but give you classic tones with some extra muscle.
The Lord is close to the broken-hearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18

Offline david_leyson

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2015, 09:22:24 PM »
if for tapping purposes, i would say the EMG SA/SA/81 set can be an option for S-S-H pup config
Faith Hope and Love, but the Greatest of these is Love.

Offline accento24

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2015, 12:38:33 AM »
Super distortion din po suggestion ko...  :mrgreen:

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2015, 01:45:05 AM »
I've used DiMarzio 36th Anniversary and Transition pickups and they're both very useable from classic rock to heavier music (although it probably won't do Periphery/Meshuggah territory).

Yung maganda sa kanila, they split well, so you can still get good quack in the notch positions.

As for the single coils, I'm not impressed with very hot pups, I tend to go for your typical Alnico 2-5 stuff. The Artec Giovanni's are relatively cheap, but give you classic tones with some extra muscle.
Sa single coils ok lang sakin kung medyo mahal kasi project guitar gagawin ko. Ano pa maisa-suggest mo aside from mentioned?

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 02:02:50 AM »

Sa single coils ok lang sakin kung medyo mahal kasi project guitar gagawin ko. Ano pa maisa-suggest mo aside from mentioned?

Offline tapslore

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2015, 01:01:14 PM »

You'd be surprised, but a lot of people choose the Artec Giovanni GCS-1 over boutique stuff :-D. The good thing about them is they're loud, but retain the strat vibe.

In my opinion, you just have to decide what flavour you're going for - traditional SC or hotrodded. I've tried the duckbuckers before, and they're ok for traditional, per maiinis ka sa hina.

Offline SRK

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2015, 06:19:35 PM »
I have 4 guitars with H/S/S config:

1. Bridge: Dimarzio D' Activator/ Mid: Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails/ Neck: Seymour Duncan Hotrails (Metal)
2. Bridge: Dimarzio D' Illuminator/ Mid: Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails/ Neck: Dimarzio Chopper (Hard Rock/Prog)
3. Bridge: Seymour Duncan Pegasus/ Mid: Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails/ Neck: Dimarzio Pro Track (Hard Rock/Prog)
4. Bridge: Seymour Duncan JB/ Mid: Seymour Duncan Vintage Rails/ Neck: Seymour Duncan Vintage Staggered (Hard Rock/Blues Rock)
nice boys, don't play rock n' roll..

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 07:58:55 AM »
You'd be surprised, but a lot of people choose the Artec Giovanni GCS-1 over boutique stuff :-D. The good thing about them is they're loud, but retain the strat vibe.

In my opinion, you just have to decide what flavour you're going for - traditional SC or hotrodded. I've tried the duckbuckers before, and they're ok for traditional, per maiinis ka sa hina.
Thanks tapslore for the suggestions. I'll try the GCS-1 kung may mapagbibilhan.