PhilMusic.com Announcements & Feedback > Forum Inquiries & Suggestions

The PhilMusic Podcast Project

(1/23) > >>

Jim Ayson:
I'm a fan of Podcasts, and I've always wanted to start one and host one here at PhilMusic.com but didn't have the equipment to record it. So I'd like to ask if anyone here would like to help out since much of this has to do with the recording studio and audio editing facilities. Here's what I think we need:

1) Format A. There are two types of podcasts I think would be useful to our listeners. One is the usual radio-style artist interview, plus a chance to spin your CD or actually play some original live music in the studio. This will of course require a real-live recording studio to accommodate everybody.

2) Format B. This type of podcast is more of a talkshow-type roundtable discussion. I love these types of 'casts (my model for this is Leo Laporte's TWIT or This Week in Tech). For the people I can think of nowhere else to get a roundtable going than all the chatty people here in Talk@PhilMusic. Topics can range from gear to Music tech, to new bands, to reviews, to whatnot. This can be recorded live (multiple mics in the studio) or virtually (we can use Skypeand record the conference - this would allow overseas guests to join in.)

3) We'll need original theme music and music beds.

4) If a professional recording studio (like ... Tracks ehem ehem ) would like to sponsor some -- or all sessions, we can give you a free advertising deal on our site (very high targeted web trafiic here as you can imagine)

5) Output will be edited down to mp3 for downloading - possibly 64Kbps bandwidth.

6) We'll look for hosting for this and generate the RSS feeds.

7) Ako ang host (hehe) - well ok, if any of you have deep resonant pang DJ voices, we can have many hosts.

This may be a fun endeavor for all involved and I think this where our community can really make a difference in terms of web content.  We may even pick up a few awards in the process if we do this right.

If anyone wants to participate in this project in any way, please let me know, by PM or by email.

xjepoyx:
Hi Boss Jim.

Me, KitC and BAMF just talked over the fone. We think we can help out coz we already have a facilities at Anton's Place and Studio of PIMP Records. ill just wait for their more insights about this.

PEACE

Jim Ayson:
Cool! I'll monitor the thread!  :mrgreen:

xjepoyx:
Regarding the Hosting services... If you can recall I suggested a hosting company when Philmusic has its downtime. We can get a discount from Velcom.com coz the owner is currently my client, its canadian based. Try to check it out

:)

rakrakan:
nice project Jim!

all the best to this endeavor, looking forward to the PODcasts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version