hulika

Author Topic: Blues Harmonica  (Read 9362 times)

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Harps
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 11:14:27 AM »
If anyone is interested I will be going to the states early next year. It would not be a problem at all to bring back some harps. Please let me know what brand and what keys.

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
bending notes
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2006, 02:03:57 AM »
A good way to think about bending a note is like having a good long sip on a beer, just imagine whistling in reverse and you can bend in any key.

Offline serpentboy

Re: bending notes
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 09:29:49 PM »
Quote from: whitey
A good way to think about bending a note is like having a good long sip on a beer, just imagine whistling in reverse and you can bend in any key.

...cool!!!

My version of this is: Imagine that you put a spoonful of hot rice in your mouth, then you try to cool it down by lowering the floor of your mouth by inhaling some air.  :lol:

Offline 430nmtune

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 09:49:02 AM »
Quote from: serpentboy

...cool!!!

My version of this is: Imagine that you put a spoonful of hot rice in your mouth, then you try to cool it down by lowering the floor of your mouth by inhaling some air.  :lol:

hehehMahilig ka kay Jon Gindick 'no?

Marami ngang paran kung paano i -describe ang 'bending' pero halos pareho lang ang technique mechanism.

Offline serpentboy

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 09:17:53 PM »
Quote from: 430nmtune
Quote from: serpentboy

...cool!!!

hehehMahilig ka kay Jon Gindick 'no?

Marami ngang paran kung paano i -describe ang 'bending' pero halos pareho lang ang technique mechanism.

Nabasa ko lang din yun sa isang article sa internet bro. Learning how to bend is a "must" for blues players...

BTW, i think the harmonica is the "sexiest" instrument. Just look at the different terms related to harp playing:
-suck (draw)
-blow
-bend
-holes
-cupping
-tongue technique
-and many more, hehehe...