hulika

Author Topic: help about music software  (Read 2170 times)

Offline A.B

help about music software
« on: March 26, 2010, 04:21:10 AM »
hi baguhan lng po ako

pede po ba mag edit or record ng voice d2 sa fruity loops?

ano mas madaling matutunan fruity loops/Adobe audition/reason/ProTools ?

Offline bellhaus

Re: help about music software
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 11:24:42 AM »
nuendo  :-D

Offline djshoi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 02:10:59 PM »
Learn the basic first, (mixing & recording techniques, terminologies, compression and mastering techniques), before you go straight to learning your recording or DAW software. If you have done this, learning these software will be a breeze.

With regards to the Learning Time, This is my opinion.

Adobe audition/fruity loops - Easy to learn entry level DAW software - lacks some features commonly used in a professional level. Perfect for amateurs and beginning musicians

ProTools - The ferrari of all DAW software - very complex specially for beginners. Very Expensive Hardware Requirements, Best DAW software money can buy.

Reason - Basically a sound module/VST Instrument. This is not a recording software. Perfect for musician or pianist looking for realistic sounding virtual instruments for their tracks.

Ableton - This is the "technics" of the performance/sampling world. Used to launch loops during live sets, commonly used by djs and remixers    
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:12:43 PM by djshoi »

Offline A.B

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 02:32:25 PM »
@djshoi thanks

pano ko po uumpisahan?

klangan po ba muna gawin ung lryics?then mixing?

tungkol naman po sa reason software para ba syang fruity loops?
sa fruity loops naman pede din po ba mag record d2?

Offline djshoi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 02:54:55 PM »
Reason does not record audio from outside sources such as mics, di siya katulad ng fruity loops na pwede ka mag record ng audio from the software. Reason can emulate almost any instruments such as grand piano, violins, guitars, drums using refills. The more refills you have, the more instruments you can emulate. Then yung audio from Reason can be routed to your DAW software ready to be integrated to your tracks.

With regards to where to start, you must start learning the basics - how to setup your own home studio specially being familiar with the proper equipments and software to be used. How audio is recorded, knowing how to mix or pan different audio tracks, using compression and limiters to prevent clipping and distortion, knowledge in basic mastering and the different terms and terminologies used in recording. If you know these, you can start learning your DAW (protools, logic, cubase, nuedo) - believe me this will save you time in the long run. You can start by reading books (I know there is a good dummies book - Home Recording For Musicians For Dummies - you can start from here)

I suggest you go for Cubase if you are a PC user. Logic if you are a Mac user. If you are rich, go for Pro Tools :-D 

Offline A.B

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 06:03:19 PM »
sa macbook ba pede gumamit ng adobe audition3 ? ung abelton live ba parang adobe audition gamitin?

pede ba dalwang software gamitin?ung beats/instrumentals sa fruity loops kasi parang ang dali gamitin ng fruity loops 9 xxl pede pa palitan ng gustong kong background and skin  :-D

Offline djshoi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 07:48:37 PM »
Mas ok gamitin ang ableton as compared to fruity loops basta aralin mo lang mabuti. Most remixer use ableton in their music production. If you are creating beats, Battery and ableton is the perfect tool for you. I seldom use Audition, gamit ko lang siya just to edit the waveform of my loops pero di lagi. Kaya kasi ng logic at cubase ang editing ng loops. Research mo na lang ang the best software para sa iyo so you don't have to spend so much time tinkering with other softwares. This are the softwares that I use in producing music (PC User ako)

For Wave Editing - Audition - Recycle - Cubase
For the production of my beats and rhythm - Reason, Battery, Stylus RMX, Sampletank(old school) and a collection of sample libraries
For performance/remixing - Ableton Live, Traktor Scratch, Glitch, Reaktor, stylus rmx

Hope this help :-D

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 10:41:20 AM by djshoi »

Offline A.B

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 10:18:03 AM »
ok thanks

parang nagagandahan din ako sa abelton :-D

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 11:06:35 AM »
nuendo  :-D

might be better off to learn on free/cheaper stuff before spending a grand on a pro-post production suite like Nuendo.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline djshoi

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 12:02:05 PM »
or Maybe you could use Trial Versions of the these software (provided you have the hardware), then find out what software fits your needs before buying them.

Offline bellhaus

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 12:16:13 PM »
diretso na, doon din naman bagsak na lahat, pt or nuendo, etc..

Offline A.B

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »
bago lng ba yan nuendo?lagi ko nakikita sa ibang threads yan

meron pa po ba ako klangan malaman?
eto lng po ba basics? (mixing & recording techniques, terminologies, compression and mastering techniques)

parang ang hirap parin di ko din alam pano ko uumpisahan ung mixing

ung sa making beats ganda para matuto gayahin ko muna ung beat ng gusto kong artist

Offline A.B

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
adobe audition 3 nalng pla ung pipiliin ko parang mas user friendly sya

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 09:27:11 AM »
diretso na, doon din naman bagsak na lahat, pt or nuendo, etc..
Only if you make a career out of it.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline bellhaus

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 12:18:13 PM »
adobe audition 3 nalng pla ung pipiliin ko parang mas user friendly sya
ganda yan dyan din ako start cool edit pa noon, tapos nuendo, tapos pt, and balik ulit nuendo when a newer version came out.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »
Reason plus Record makes up for a great combination. The P'heads video demo is funny though.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline bellhaus

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 12:32:35 AM »
gusto ko rin try yung record coz of the ssl mixer.  :-D

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 06:56:39 AM »
Hey man,

It's really up to you. whatever you choose and like will be the one that will work for you. Every one of us can suggest a software and believe me, matuwa ka nalang na konti pa lang ang replies dito. You can get tons of software recommendations and the ones mentioned here are just the tip of the iceberg.

If you're a beginner, and it seems you favor FL, then go for it. They have demo versions and if you find that you enjoy it, buy a copy. Most SW's have demo versions anyway so try them out and see where you're comfortable. Don't let anyone dictate which is "better" since every one of us here have varying levels already in terms of production knowledge so don't let us limit you by saying which should be the one coz it's more "pro" or whatever. DjShoi's advice are sound and you can get a lot from it to start with.

These days, I work mainly in Reason with Record and a little bit of Logic. I use Ableton Live for all my live performances. BUT where I am today is because I stumbled upon this software called Fruity Loops... version 1 pa nun. I learned a lot from it and slowly developed my production knowledge with it. With the version of FL today, it can do anything your mind can think of even recording. As much as some people (not here) may see it as a toy or child's software, it's as capable as any DAW out there.

At the end of the day, it's really how you push the software and what counts is your output.

If you have protools and all the kickarse SW in the world but your music is crap, then all you have is bragging rights diba? Learn from the simple things and build up from there. You'll enjoy the journey and the knowledge gained from it.

You can also join our little mailing list over at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/electronicamanila/ it's a community for electronic artists helping electronic artists  :-D

Offline juanjudas

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2010, 07:26:28 AM »
1. Reason + Record
2. Reason + Ableton

:-D :-D :-D