hulika

Author Topic: As a performer how would you react for your critics?  (Read 5823 times)

Offline ranzky72

As a performer how would you react for your critics?
« on: December 04, 2014, 04:17:45 PM »
As a musician how do you handle the situation if one of your critics shouts in the middle of your performance?

Please share your gig experience thanks.
Music adds years to your life, it is a source of inspiration, expression and stress relief.

Offline ranzky72

Re: As a performer how would you react for your critics?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 05:19:11 PM »
Is it harmless to say … thank you, I love you pag lassie yong listeners   :-D
Music adds years to your life, it is a source of inspiration, expression and stress relief.

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
Accept it and learn from it. Actually, thank them. Scratches from sandpapers are what makes a damn good curve of a strat and LP.  :) I give critiques to others too and I accept them as a performer as well. If they are hurt by it, then fine. It's none of your concern. If it's a below the belt blow, well you should be ready to accept it too and give him a high five. In the face. With a chair on fire.  :lol:
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 11:54:47 AM »
I'd flash a dirty finger, bastos eh.

Offline IncX

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 12:33:31 PM »
depends. if its a small bar gig where everyone knows everyone, i'd kick his a$$ ... unless he is the type who can kick my a$$ lol

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 05:22:47 AM »
Accept it and learn from it. Actually, thank them. Scratches from sandpapers are what makes a damn good curve of a strat and LP.  :) I give critiques to others too and I accept them as a performer as well. If they are hurt by it, then fine. It's none of your concern. If it's a below the belt blow, well you should be ready to accept it too and give him a high five. In the face. With a chair on fire.  :lol:

A critique/feedback done on a personal level is always nice and welcome. It's up to you to filter it and give it thought especially if coming from someone who probably knows better, like those who have been playing all their life.

But, a heckler is another thing and is just rude. they should be taught a lesson. There you are busting your balls making an effort to sound great, then someone from the crowd shouts and screams bad stuff, it's not right. The bouncer/waiter should take him out.

These things are normal or part of the game, and I've had my share of it, when I make mistakes due to having a little more beer than what I should have had.

Important thing is finish your set as clean as possible. React by any means possible, shout back or give a gesture, but continue with your playing. 

If the heckler is really bad and consistent. Deal with the a$$hole afterwards.  :|

In my case, when there are some annoying peeps, I just tend to forget about confronting them as I'm usually too busy having a good time after the set.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 05:31:26 AM by Magus »

Offline vinceparil

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2015, 01:17:55 AM »
Stay with my performance, play the good music, laugh and smile !  :-D

Offline Magus

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 09:42:05 AM »
Yep good vibes lng. I bet kung niyaya mo ng guitar shootout yung heckler, you're miles ahead on skills. practice hard, perform hard.

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 09:52:39 AM »
mas ok na may critic kesa sa walang nakinig
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 10:42:39 AM »
mas ok na may critic kesa sa walang nakinig
Better mag heckle kesa mag walk out?
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline jm the mute

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 10:55:04 AM »
Better mag heckle kesa mag walk out?

ok nang may dalawang [pichapie] na nag-makeout sa set nyo kesa sa naglabasan lahat ng tao nung nagsosoundcheck na kayo hehehe
"there is a fine line between art and mukhang T-A-N-G-A"

https://soundcloud.com/jm-the-mute

Offline RecklezlyEdward

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 05:31:19 PM »
Thanking him will only make you look stupid. Call him out for doing such thing so that he'd earn his lesson by having a taste of his own medicine.

Nevertheless after that the show must go on.   :cool:
"No Label, Just Fun"

Offline generage

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 01:57:09 AM »
A friend of mine just died after the set when he tried to confront the bad mouthed customer , napuruhan ng isang malakas na suntok , dead on arrival sa hospital, he's one of me best buddies.

Kung constructive naman ok lang yan, kung bastos naman hayaan nyo na lang mga guys, OK lang yang salita lang yan, huwag lang mananakit. 

Iwasan nating magkaroon ng trouble sa trabaho or sa gigs, alam kong minsan hindi talaga maiiwasan, pero kailangan nating mag ingat... maraming masamang tao lalo na sa mga alanganing oras.

That's why namimili ako ng mga kasamang maayos, just to make sure na hindi nila ako iiwanan sa mga masasamang sitwasyon, and we can hold on to each other pag may trouble.

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 02:40:45 AM »
i haven't encountered this so far, i hope i never do.

but if someone does this to me, i'd probably feel real dissed.

i believe it's best that we give our critiques to people upfront and personally. heckling a performance is not good.
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 12:58:26 PM »
A friend of mine just died after the set when he tried to confront the bad mouthed customer , napuruhan ng isang malakas na suntok , dead on arrival sa hospital, he's one of me best buddies.

Kung constructive naman ok lang yan, kung bastos naman hayaan nyo na lang mga guys, OK lang yang salita lang yan, huwag lang mananakit. 

Iwasan nating magkaroon ng trouble sa trabaho or sa gigs, alam kong minsan hindi talaga maiiwasan, pero kailangan nating mag ingat... maraming masamang tao lalo na sa mga alanganing oras.

That's why namimili ako ng mga kasamang maayos, just to make sure na hindi nila ako iiwanan sa mga masasamang sitwasyon, and we can hold on to each other pag may trouble.

what happened to the guy who dished the punch out?
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Offline generage

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 03:23:45 AM »
what happened to the guy who dished the punch out?

The violent guy turns out to be a son from a very prominent family sa lugar nila, on going pa din yung case hangang ngayon.
2 years ago na yun, and I don't think na me serve yung justice, since nag ka aregluhan na both families. Iba talaga nagagawa ng pera.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 03:27:54 AM by generage »

Offline bluesy_pt

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 09:08:35 PM »
Paakyatin nyo sa stage sabihin mo sya na tumugtog ng lahat ng instruments sabay-sabay parang sa mga burol sa probinsya.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Offline kingjamm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2015, 07:09:42 PM »
Take advantage of it. Seldom times they're hearing something you cannot.
But not all the times. Some of em are just naggers and crabbers trying to bring you down
Or veterans trying to kick you out.  :-D  :cool:
"A good composer does not imitate; he steals" ~ Igor Stravinsky

Offline Igor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2015, 02:25:05 AM »

If the heckler is really bad and consistent. Deal with the a$$hole afterwards.  :|

In my case, when there are some annoying peeps, I just tend to forget about confronting them as I'm usually too busy having a good time after the set.

Swerte wala pa naman. lagi good vibes. kung meron man nega na comment di ko pa naman nararanasan na may sisigaw.  :-D
Shot na!!!