hulika

Author Topic: suggestion: add "IGNORE" button *merged*  (Read 4599 times)

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
suggestion: add "IGNORE" button *merged*
« on: August 17, 2007, 11:52:18 AM »
i think an ignore button will help alleviate tension within the forums.  say there is a character one has grown extremely biased against, i think it might be healthier if he or she simply clicks on that IGGY BUTTON to make the unwanted character disappear.  he or she gets to still participate in the forums without having to see comments and or posts from unwanted characters.  might help.  i hear the cakewalk forums have this feature.
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: suggestion: IGNORE button
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 12:07:42 PM »
I checked out the Cakewalk forums... meron ngang ignore button (a "block" button) under the user's avatar. Cool feature!
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline IncX

• Board Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 03:30:56 PM »

good idea!

this is a better solution than banning ppl.

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 04:55:51 PM »
yes, that's probably better than banning.

parang "talk to the hand" button   :lol:
Of course, di dapat pwede ma-ignore ang mods & admins  :-D
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 06:30:50 PM »
it could keep threads from turning into pissing contests.  besides, not everyone can ban everyone.   the only downside would be, if members quote each other, makikita parin yung sinabi nung unwanted character ... so mas maganda if the quotes were also ignorable, haha.  is this asking for the moon?
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

nO RLY

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 04:48:15 PM »
maganda nga yan.. :lol: handy feature..

Offline V.I.O.L.I.N.S

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 06:30:32 PM »
one way to solve a problem is to face it. i'm just sharing my fair judgment. i know the potentials of this ignore function/button but... it would only mean a very messy board. like what i've said, be responsible, not only to your avy's but also to your posts.

Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine
RE5(Mercenaries) Player

Offline chette

• kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 04:38:04 AM »
I share the same reasoning of VIOLINS kasi. May mod nga for this, pero hindi kasi masyadong maganda ang performance ng mga addons sa forum. And a mod such as this will really be heavy sa server natin.

Offline ryechua

• Forum Fanatic
add "Ignore" button
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 06:13:49 PM »
how about adding the option to ignore or block users? most of the boards have it.
doh!!!

Offline toysuki07

• Veteran Member
Re: add "Ignore" button
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 07:11:53 PM »
how about adding the option to ignore or block users? most of the boards have it.
+1 same sya sa suggestion ko... for the sake of the members din :)

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2011, 08:15:54 AM »
those last two posts are classic examples of why we need the "ignore" button.   :x
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 08:56:49 AM »
those last two posts are classic examples of why we need the "ignore" button.   :x

Uhhh I think those posts are classic examples of why we use the "report to moderator" button. Spam posts only eat up bandwidth and are supposed to be
reported and then in turn, deleted.  :-D