hulika

Author Topic: anu mas ok, GRF, B3, EVO,PHONIC, BEHRINGER, CROWN, LIVE,jBL, RCF?"speakers"  (Read 21653 times)

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
audio signal straight to powered speaker...no processing...open space.....just the way we like it done.
In any location EXCEPT Basketball Court...especially if its a covered court...

Maganda talaga sa garden, backyard, golf course? Basta sa OPEN... Yung walang "reflection area" bah...
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline mbenipayo

I would be interesting to compare clarity & vocal reproduction...and weight
Digidesign VENUE Profile System/ Digi Venue Mix Rack Console/ McDSP LIVE Pack/ MAC Pro with Pro Tools HD64/ Pro Tools 8/ ATH-M50/ Radial J48

Offline triciaaruba

• Philmusicus Noobitus
yehey dami info,
sana makahingi ng discount po forerunner
ty

Offline forerunnermusic

Just some points we would like to mention.   

on the B3 U-Series, other than the U12 and U15 models, most should try to listen and test the U10/ U10a model, it competes well with 12" models of other brands.  take note that our 10" and 8" models use cast frame speakers & real compression drivers...other brands just use a Phenolic tweeter or worse, a dome tweeter fitted on a horn...makes good FOH for acoustic setups in bars & restos and good stage wedges for something a bit bigger.

Then there is the higher model SIGMA Series.   These are wooden enclosures with fly-points.  these models use newly designed cast woofers and a Compression driver with a 2" throat, great for FOH and arrays well in clusters.
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline mixx

just out of curiousity pina setup ko this morning ung powered spkrs na behringer b300 and ung spl ps15a. signal path is cdplayer-mixer-spkr, ( i tried all music genre ie, acoustic/rnb/metal/disco etc) all tone controls are flat mixer and speakers. one thing i noticed very quickly is the spl has less mid sound (parang nka notch ung mid eq) compared to the b300, unfortunately wla akong rta so i really cant confirm which has a more flat response. my sound level was a bit limited also since sa garden lng ako nag test so was not really able to test the 2 system on its full potential. on moderate volume levels i guess pede ng pag tyagaan pero kung pang bugbugan (high volume levels) i guess it would be another story.... ill try to borrow my friends' b3 and evo and test them side by side again

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
just out of curiousity pina setup ko this morning ung powered spkrs na behringer b300 and ung spl ps15a. signal path is cdplayer-mixer-spkr, ( i tried all music genre ie, acoustic/rnb/metal/disco etc) all tone controls are flat mixer and speakers. one thing i noticed very quickly is the spl has less mid sound (parang nka notch ung mid eq) compared to the b300, unfortunately wla akong rta so i really cant confirm which has a more flat response. my sound level was a bit limited also since sa garden lng ako nag test so was not really able to test the 2 system on its full potential. on moderate volume levels i guess pede ng pag tyagaan pero kung pang bugbugan (high volume levels) i guess it would be another story.... ill try to borrow my friends' b3 and evo and test them side by side again
The garden is the best place... Checking & Testing does not need to be LOUD... the level MUST be "LOUD ENOUGH" only... kasi if too loud, frequencies get disturbed by other freqs...

Thats why there's a line in the specs sheet like this:

Freq Response@... and Resonant Freq@...

Try it this way nxt time if you like...
Speakers must be 10meters away in front of you, let somebody sit on your side and let him talk and talk while raising up the volume...until you get that LOUD ENOUGH level, and still you can clearly hear that guy (speaking at normal speaking volume huh)beside you at least 1 meter away beside you...
And dont sound check in the evening...

Hope this helps...Paki correct if may mali...
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
Simulan na ang CLASH OF SPEAKERS! Count me in agad! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Offline triciaaruba

• Philmusicus Noobitus
abt sa parang maligasgas ung tunog or magaspang masyado tunog,
pano matatanggal o mabbawasan?

Offline skyjammer

• Forum Fanatic
abt sa parang maligasgas ung tunog or magaspang masyado tunog,
pano matatanggal o mabbawasan?

hehe! kakairita no? Ako din may mga ganung tunog pero minsanan lang. does it have anything to do with the fluctuation of electric current?

Offline triciaaruba

• Philmusicus Noobitus
i think nga, lalo na pag jbl eon dala ko, dun minsan ko nararamdaman , electro magnet yun eh

Offline shaggy

• Philmusicus Noobitus
I have been using B3 since 2003, my first pair was the TS260 model. I have added 3 pairs so total ko is 8 units na TS260 for use as monitors or sometime pang-house sa malilit na events. I bought 4 units na TS2123 and so far all of them passed my expectations. Speaking of Clarity, Design and Power Handling , I could say B3 has it all. I could probably compare it sa JBL or EV in terms of sound quality. Btw, for those who want to buy B3, you can buy ke Forerunner outlets(Music Source, SPL or direct na ke forerunner)

Offline audioe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
So, is there gonna be a shootout? what happened to the suggestment?  :-)

Offline forerunnermusic

I think coming up with a venue was the problem.

just keep us posted.
Music. Our Passion.  

The Music Source-Ali Mall, Cubao/ T: 4377798      SPL Marketing-Raon, Manila/ T: 735-5440      Hifi Lounge-Festival Mall/ T: 842-8133      One Stop Music-Royale Place Mall, Commonwealth Ave./ T: 9317570/ 3912141

Offline forerunnermusic

not sure though pero parang same lang ang mga drivers nila(b3/spl/evo).... OEM?

Definitely not. 

B3 manufactures their own drivers in their own factory, this we can guarantee as our bosses go to the B3 factory twice a year for product development & sales strategy meetings.

B3's level of technology has also allowed them to develop, among other things, a bi-concentric compression driver that is being used in their new line of TLA  and CL series line array speaker systems.

B3 is definitely a leader among Asian manufacturers.....have you noticed how a number china made speakers try to look similar to B3 products or some are outright copies?  but they can never get the sound..simply because they use generic components.

anyway, there are just a lot of points where B3 excels.
Music. Our Passion.  

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
Nexxos and L-acoustics. Nuff said. :-D
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline junig

Re: anu mas ok, GRF, B3, EVO,PHONIC, BEHRINGER, CROWN, LIVE,jBL, RCF?"speakers"

Nexxos and L-acoustics. Nuff said. :-D

wala naman sa pinagpipilian mga sinabi mo eh. :-D. JBL for me.

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: anu mas ok, GRF, B3, EVO,PHONIC, BEHRINGER, CROWN, LIVE,jBL, RCF?"speakers"

wala naman sa pinagpipilian mga sinabi mo eh. :-D. JBL for me.

Wala namang OR sa parameters e.  :wink:
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline audioe

• Philmusicus Noobitus
I think coming up with a venue was the problem.

just keep us posted.

ok.let me work on this one. i'll make some phone calls and try to get us a venue. open air, golf course.

next thing to do is organize how we'll do the listening tests.

let's do this guys. prep up your powered speakers!   :-D

Offline sl1200ltd

RCF! RCF! RCF!  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline forerunnermusic

The Music Source will represent RCF, Mackie & B3.

we would want to suggest coming up with categories based on price, this is because most of the time, price plays the first consideration.  it would also be the best basis to come up with the "best bang for buck" product.

we look forward to support this exercise.
Music. Our Passion.  

Offline forerunnermusic

Yung 10 inch, bi-amp pa rin ba yan?
[/quote]

B3 15", 12" 10" & 8" Powered speakers are all bi-amplified, and that's what makes them perform better than a lot of other powered speakers.

on the other hand, the passive speakers of B3 have real crossovers, there are filters for the woofer & compression drivers & use hi-grade components.  most entry level passive speakers just use a H--pass filter on the tweeter and the woofer is just connected directly to the input terminals.
Music. Our Passion.  

Offline mixx

sir forerunner

yung box po ba ng b3, evo or rcf is made of what material (ie mdf, plyboard ???) lumubog kasi lahat ng jbl n speakers ko and nalusaw yung mga box although gumagana pa yung mga speakers but i think they may need to be reconed/rewired.... im also still thinking if it is still advisable/practical to go branded or just china made...... medyo nakaka traumatize kasi yung baha recently  :-(

Offline redjaztin

• Forum Fanatic
@forerunnermusic

meron po bang B3 10" powered speakers (PAIR) na worth 10-15k? kailangan po sana namin sa church. tatagal po kaya iyon ng 5-6hrs once a week? yung pwedeng gawing monitor na din po...

pa PM naman po ng prices. thanks and God Bless! :D

Offline forerunnermusic

yung box po ba ng b3, evo or rcf is made of what material (ie mdf, plyboard ???) lumubog kasi lahat ng jbl n speakers ko and nalusaw yung mga box although gumagana pa yung mga speakers but i think they may need to be reconed/rewired.... im also still thinking if it is still advisable/practical to go branded or just china made...... medyo nakaka traumatize kasi yung baha recently  :-(

you may have speakers with MDF, HDF or particle board which, when exposed to water, absorbs all the water it can take and expands and eventually looses its integrity.

B3 enclosures are made of a couple of materials depending on model.

PLASTIC ENCLOSURES

TS and U- Series enclosures are made of high impact ABS. These have also been made to a specific mix so that it would not be brittle as to break on impact.  The ABS used is also produced to a have a certain dampness so as not to rattle when playing at high levels.

It has also been UV tested as not to discolor after long exposure to sunlight such as installs outdoors.

a good example are those permanently installed around the Araneta Coliseum, those things have been there for over 3 years, working day in & day out, getting rain, sunshine and the Manila pollution...and still are OK

WOOD ENCLOSURES

wooden enclosures such as the Sigma Series use 13-layer Birch Plywood additionally protected by tough paint.

RCF Italy

RCF, being the high quality Italian product that it is, uses Baltic Birch for its wooden enclosure and high grade Composite Polypropylene for its ART Series...

Music. Our Passion.  

Offline forerunnermusic

@forerunnermusic

meron po bang B3 10" powered speakers (PAIR) na worth 10-15k? kailangan po sana namin sa church. tatagal po kaya iyon ng 5-6hrs once a week? yung pwedeng gawing monitor na din po...

pa PM naman po ng prices. thanks and God Bless! :D

The B3 U10a (powered) is P12,900 per unit.  you could check with the outlets for your net price.  we usually compare the B3 10" to some other 12" competitive products with good results.  B3 U-Series speakers have die-cast woofers (even the 8" model) and paired with a compression drivers.

B3 products are designed & manufactured for 100% duty cycle, meaning, you can operate them 24/7, this is due to an efficient heat management design of the amplifiers which is the cause of many failures of other powered speakers.   
Music. Our Passion.