hulika

Author Topic: Yamaha NS10 Reborn vs SN10 Showcase At Tracks... listen and hear pls call in  (Read 28725 times)

Offline NS10 Reborn

Yamaha NS10 Reborn vs SN10 Showcase At Tracks... Join na List Below

Are you a fan of the Yamaha NS10's?  

Did you know that Yamaha NS10's were discontinued since 2006?  

Would you get one or buy one if it has been reborn?  

What if some company which sells their parts makes the same on different name but better and cheaper  would you buy a pair?
 :? :? :?

We will investigate thru the help of our experts and see how the challenger compares with the Legend...  

Enjoy the fun and join us...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 04:47:25 AM by NS10 Reborn »

Offline sl1200ltd

Re: Yamaha NS10 Reborn... is Here (Are you a Fan?)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 01:24:25 PM »
Are you a fan of the Yamaha NS10's? 

Did you know that Yamaha NS10's were discontinued since 2006? 

Would you get one or buy one if it has been reborn? 

What if some company which sells their parts makes a replica but better for only P15k  would you buy a pair?
 :? :? :?

If It's a replica then it is not an NS-10M... nope.  :roll:

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 03:20:54 PM »
if one wants an NS10, get an NS10.

if i want to eat a hotdog, i'd get a hotdog, made of actual hotdog meat...not a replica of, say, tofu shaped like a hotdog sold by a company who says it "is" a hotdog but better and tastes just like the real thing. thing is, it ain't "really" a hotdog...just appears like one till you bite into it.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:23:41 PM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline paulo z

• Netizen Level
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 03:26:41 PM »
Hmmmmmmm! I'm Pretty Curious!!! :-D What is this? :-)
PAULO Z

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 03:52:16 PM »
SAME SOUND REPRODUCTION? and QUALITY?
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline sl1200ltd

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 04:34:56 PM »
if one wants an NS10, get an NS10.

if i want to eat a hotdog, i'd get a hotdog, made of actual hotdog meat...not a replica of, say, tofu shaped like a hotdog sold by a company who says it "is" a hotdog but better and tastes just like the real thing. thing is, it ain't "really" a hotdog...just appears like one till you bite into it.

Like in a TV commercial... HAAMMM NGA!  :-D

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2010, 07:10:04 PM »

Curiosity is i think Good Who knows ... i was told its better than the NS10's because its got better bass response and more power plus its half the price for a Brand New Pair... all NS 10s 2nd hand not brand new and your not sure if they were CRANKED UP at one time ... what do you think?

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2010, 07:13:55 PM »
SAME SOUND REPRODUCTION? and QUALITY?

its The SAME AND BETTER because this company were selling the parts for the NS10's ... when Yamaha Discontinued making them they made their own version somehow with all YAMAHA NS10 parts... and BETTER because they have Better Bass Response then more Power and smoother top end... plus... CHEAPER... even me i'm pretty curious and maybe wants to try them... what do you think?

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2010, 07:16:38 PM »
Like in a TV commercial... HAAMMM NGA!  :-D

hahaha... you are in a way right brad... anyway... NICE HOTDOG THO... well if its the same hotdog and even better hotdog... and cheaper i might try and buy

a  HOTTER DOG... would you?

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 07:19:54 PM »
If It's a replica then it is not an NS-10M... nope.  :roll:

Would you get one if it performs better and cheaper?

Offline sl1200ltd

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 10:02:05 PM »
 Would you get one if it performs better and cheaper?

If it performs better... then it will not sound like the Original NS-10's, because NS-10's are suppose to sound that way... not to much bass, I hope you are not referring to these:

Studiospares SN10

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:09:40 AM by sl1200ltd »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 01:45:34 AM »
NS10's are horrible speakers. And that's why they are prized in recording studios. If you can make a track sound good on an NS10, it will sound good anywhere.

That's why an "improved" NS10 is *not* an NS10.  You're taking away the very thing that makes it prized by "improving" it.

That aside tho, I'd like to see it too.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 02:03:02 AM »
NS10's are horrible speakers. And that's why they are prized in recording studios. If you can make a track sound good on an NS10, it will sound good anywhere.

That's why an "improved" NS10 is *not* an NS10.  You're taking away the very thing that makes it prized by "improving" it.

DEMO! DEMO! DEMO! EB! EB! EB!
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 06:05:16 AM »
If it performs better... then it will not sound like the Original NS-10's, because NS-10's are suppose to sound that way... not to much bass, I hope you are not referring to these:
http://www.studiospares.com/Studio-Monitors/Studiospares-SN10-Nearfield-Monitors-Pair/invt/248000

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

well good i think these are them... doin your research nice... heres another... www.sn10.webs.com  its coming to the Philippines...
very interesting tho...  would you like to hear them you think?  I'm very interested to get a pair if its that price... sorry i haven't heard them yet but reading on the reviews i think they are great... for the price...   shall we hear them you think?  ill get a pair ... any suggestions where to A-B them? 

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 06:09:24 AM »

That's why an "improved" NS10 is *not* an NS10.  You're taking away the very thing that makes it prized by "improving" it.

I've read these lines from another forum... but anyway do we have a studio to A-B them... i would get a pair so we cOULD all hear them...what do you think?  anybody who's interested to join and listen... if there are many who will... I WILL BUY THE FIRST PAIR for EVERYBODY'S BENEFIT...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 06:14:34 AM by NS10 Reborn »

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 06:20:13 AM »
DEMO! DEMO! DEMO! EB! EB! EB!

HAHAHA.. GREAT BRAD... :lol: :lol: :lol:   

SO SHALL WE GET A PAIR TO LISTEN TO AND A-B SOMEWHERE?   IF THERE WILL BE SOME PEOPLE WHO WILL BENEFIT THEN ITS A GREAT IDEA I GUESS... PUT IN YOUR NAME ON THE LIST...

1.  NS10 REBORN - im in (i'll buy the pair to hear anybody willing to A-B them) 

Offline sl1200ltd

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 07:45:09 AM »
How are you going to compare (A-B) these speakers???  :? :? :?

YAMAHA NS-10                       STUDIOSPARES SN10

Wattage:                      60 Watts                           :-o 80 Watts
Crossover Frequency:    2 kHz (12 dB / oct)            :-o 3.2kHz (??)  Way too far!
Woofer:                        6.5 inch                            :-o 8 inch

They are not copies...  :-D
Studiospares SN10 should be compared to other speakers with the same 8 inch woofers...  :-P

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 08:07:11 AM by sl1200ltd »

Offline sl1200ltd

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »

My one and only NS-10M PRO Matched pair...  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 09:01:00 AM »
How are you going to compare (A-B) these speakers???  :? :? :?

YAMAHA NS-10                       STUDIOSPARES SN10

Wattage:                      60 Watts                           :-o 80 Watts
Crossover Frequency:    2 kHz (12 dB / oct)            :-o 3.2kHz (??)  Way too far!
Woofer:                        6.5 inch                            :-o 8 inch

They are not copies...  :-D
Studiospares SN10 should be compared to other speakers with the same 8 inch woofers...  :-P

Since it was inspired by the Yamaha NS10s which got improvements on them NS10s would be the best speakers to A-B them... its the closest dont you think?

for sure you have seen the pics... why not tho?  Can you help me upload the SN10s?  Nothings wrong i think with that...if its better and its cheaper thru the reviews why not... it will benefit those who cant afford the NS01's dont you think? 

Offline sl1200ltd

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2010, 10:09:57 AM »
If you want to A-B them you need to use this DN60 (basic) or SIA SMAART software...

...to check if SN10 are flat as possible not loud.

check this out: Studiospare SN10 user

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 12:31:27 PM by sl1200ltd »

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »
If you want to A-B them you need to use this DN60 (basic) or SIA SMAART software...

...to check if SN10 are flat as possible not loud.

check this out: Studiospare SN10 user

we need to consider also: ROOM...

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 03:02:34 PM »
we need to consider also: ROOM...

While partially true, the reason they are used as nearfields is to negate the effects of the room as much as possible by listening relatively close at relatively loud levels. MikeP?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 04:03:18 PM »
I've read these lines from another forum... but anyway do we have a studio to A-B them... i would get a pair so we cOULD all hear them...what do you think?  anybody who's interested to join and listen... if there are many who will... I WILL BUY THE FIRST PAIR for EVERYBODY'S BENEFIT...

There are many studios that will be willing to host that. Lets try soundcreations and see how it stacks up to Shinjis original NS10's. Maybe Carmelhouse could host it (clink clink KitC wachatink). And if nowhere else, the Doghouse can host it. Lets just hurry because I have to return these NS10M's that are in my studio :-D

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
While partially true, the reason they are used as nearfields is to negate the effects of the room as much as possible by listening relatively close at relatively loud levels. MikeP?
mikep will host hehe...? sana...

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
I'm giving the NS10M's here a spin. They were given to me for repairs. Now it's working...it does have its legendary detail...and legendary harshness !