hulika

Author Topic: F-M Thread: Waaaaah! I didn't think I missed so much action!  (Read 11443 times)

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: F-M Thread: Waaaaah! I didn't think I missed so much action!
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2007, 01:13:14 PM »
di bale jobet. marami tayo ditong makaranas ng martial law... yung iba nga lang, isip bata pa. hehe.

but you're right, i don't know Richard Bandler...
============
Marvin Querido
http://www.facebook.com/MVQMusic ============

Offline chuck sabbath

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2007, 01:21:16 PM »
uh oh its a mod :pumipitong pasimple:

oks lang kami dito tsip medyo nagkaka sayahan lang!
In an expanding universe, time is on the side of the outcast. Those who once inhabited the suburbs of human contempt find that without changing their address they eventually live in the metropolis

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2007, 01:36:16 PM »
Nakanampots ! That's profundity for you !

Or to quote Richard Bandler, whom most of you do not probably know:

" The meaning of your communication is the response that it gets."

On a related note....

The orig meaning of the word "information" is  "to inform" or "to communicate a message"...  In that sense, it's more a verb than a noun.  When we share information, we are actually attempting to send a message.  Whether the information or communication has any meaning or absorbed exactly as you intended it to be is, well, not a certainty...  :-D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2007, 01:38:19 PM »
WTF?  So now are you using the term "poor" to illusrate POVERTY?  I never even said I'm in the Philippines gaddem.  I said poor = kawawa .  And when did I bring up being poor against being rich?  Sorry if you misunderstood my post.

@ Delta, umaandar na naman pamumulitika mo.

I humbly ask KitC to lock this thread up dahil ako rin mismo poor (finacially) din at wala sa character ko manlait ng kapwa na mahirap.  Want some proof na di ako nanlalait ng taong mahirap?  I do recordings for free or cheap because I know how starving musicians feel when not given the chance to use better equipment. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 01:42:48 PM by skunkyfunk »

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2007, 01:43:46 PM »
ok ba buhok ko?
wag mo problemahin ang problema, hayaan mong problema mamroblema sayo!!!!!

Pag ang lason ba na-expire lason parin?

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2007, 01:45:35 PM »
LOL @ Skunky!

hahahhaa I very much pity you! its like you have dual personality and now you wont face all your antics! tsk tsk tsk!

tsk tsk tsk!

AFAIK... ang kawawa na diito sa thread na to eh ikaw eh

The only thing that will put an end with this continous discussion eh you Apologize to you fellow musician/Engineers especially kay Hazel

tsk tsk tsk tsk

ABout Harmony Central... give it a rest... you're making fun of yourself na and your a disgrace to us filipino engineers
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 01:49:32 PM by edgeofillusion-jepoy »
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2007, 01:46:40 PM »
@ hazel

When did I say you are ignorant, or everyone else for that matter?  Why are you using the term "educated" way too rigidly?  Don't you think educating yourself through experience is just part of the equation?  Wala ba akong karapatang sabihing educated ako in the sense to say that amps can give artists more "feel" than just sound?  Go figure...

If I offended anyone (or anyone) I humbly apologize for that as it is not of my nature to put down anyone, although I admit I can be quite critical as a person.  Criticism and friendship sometimes can't mix well.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2007, 01:46:53 PM »
On a related note....

The orig meaning of the word "information" is  "to inform" or "to communicate a message"...  In that sense, it's more a verb than a noun.  When we share information, we are actually attempting to send a message.  Whether the information or communication has any meaning or absorbed exactly as you intended it to be is, well, not a certainty...  :-D

Yup. That's why communication is an art and the art is how to communicate with pin-point precision: that your intended meaning will be the perceived meaning. Oh yeah, that's very tricky and even has to include knowing advanced information about your audience before you even try to communicate :D

Whew. Richard Bandler is the Founder/Creator of a wholistic communication art known as Neuro-Linguistic Programming, which I studied for 4 years of my life :D. Google it na lang if you're curious.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2007, 01:48:13 PM »
LOL @ Skunky!

hahahhaa I very much pity you! its like you have dual personality and now you wont face all your antics! tsk tsk tsk!

tsk tsk tsk!

Dual personality?  Do you know me personally?  Hey man, even in Statistical Research you have to step out of your persona to get some legitimate answers but unfortunately some people perceive me as a troll. 

Sorry for that.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2007, 01:48:51 PM »
@ hazel

When did I say you are ignorant, or everyone else for that matter?  Why are you using the term "educated" way too rigidly?  Don't you think educating yourself through experience is just part of the equation?  Wala ba akong karapatang sabihing educated ako in the sense to say that amps can give artists more "feel" than just sound?  Go figure...

If I offended anyone (or anyone) I humbly apologize for that as it is not of my nature to put down anyone, although I admit I can be quite critical as a person.  Criticism and friendship sometimes can't mix well.

I disagree. It's just a matter of "how" you criticize.

I like polite criticism. It is the only way we grow and learn.

But hostile criticism is not welcome. By me or by anyone.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2007, 01:49:55 PM »
I never even said I'm in the Philippines gaddem.
Uhm.i don't follow what you said...I don't think you had to say you weren't because people know you are in the Phils.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2007, 01:50:34 PM »

guys d2 nalang kau magpost makaka2long pa kau

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,61901.0.html

:-D

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2007, 01:51:48 PM »
Dual personality?  Do you know me personally?  Hey man, even in Statistical Research you have to step out of your persona to get some legitimate answers but unfortunately some people perceive me as a troll. 

Sorry for that.

It's amazing how that conclusion was independently arrived at both here and at Harmony Central, don't you think ?  :-D

Personally, after meeting you, I'd like to think that we could be really be friends (walang halong plastic dre) :D . But I do hope you "fine tune" your manner of communication. It will save all of us the aggravation.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
Uhm.i don't follow what you said...I don't think you had to say you weren't because people know you are in the Phils.

dojie!

dont you think your ip address is not seen by mod on HC? haaaayy so lame excuse!

So Lame!!

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »
...it is not of my nature to put down anyone...

really? the track record indicates otherwise so you gotta chill more, man.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline moHaWk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: September 19, 2007, 01:55:37 PM »
skunk you need a vacation, chill man, ur intelligence is overlapping ur personality...

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: September 19, 2007, 02:01:48 PM »
I disagree. It's just a matter of "how" you criticize.

I like polite criticism. It is the only way we grow and learn.

But hostile criticism is not welcome. By me or by anyone.

its not that BAMF is a friend of mine ....pero I really have to agree with him
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 02:02:54 PM by edgeofillusion-jepoy »

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2007, 02:07:06 PM »
hey skunk, we're all colleagues here. your thoughts are as welcome as everybody else's, but nobody likes to feel dumb, and that's how some of us feel with your comments. and in the interest of promoting peace, and not letting the issues drag, we'd like to accept your apologies.

now, people. tuloy ang saya, okey?

============
Marvin Querido

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2007, 02:11:32 PM »
++++
O well, parang nagkaayusan na while I was writing this post (mabilis ang action!). I'll post it anyways.
++++

Makisingit lang....

As someone who has worked and talked with Skunk na, I feel that Skunk has been misinterpreted a lot. In the past few months, I've observed some points in how he thinks that probably is helpful for everyone:

Skunk is tired of the usual sound heard in radio... what it is he means, I'm not entirely sure, but I have a feeling that it's related to my certainty that I myself am tired of some particular sound that I hear real often... which is probably what you recording guys hear too.

Since the recording guys are people who get the sound to record, he feels (as a recording guy) some responsibility in offering to the artist some options that are different from what's usually out there (meaning, dito sa Pilipinas). Of course, the artist should be the boss in what sound he wants, but in some cases, he feels that the approach in getting a sound is done wrongly, e.g. POD as first choice in getting a Marshall tone, rather than a Marshall getting a Marshall tone. I'm assuming that the spiel of the recording guy who does not have a Marshall amp would say "We don't have a Marshall, but unless you can get a Marshall, I can offer you a similar tone with this (say) Laney, or a simulation". In a way, he's trying to initiate a culture of resourcefulness and dedication to craft (i.e. of sound-engineering) that is bordering on kung-fu discipleship, despite and in the middle of (insert recording-involves-money argument here).

Skunk does not like shortcuts (not to be confused with technology or merely making things easy) in recording as much as possible (which, I'm sure, is everyone's attitude, economics aside). E.g. if reverb is needed, the initial source he thinks about is the room. If not achievable, next na ang plug ins (or whatever you recording guys call these).

Now, his approach in communicating these values... Now, there's one that created a lot of flak.

Most important to consider in reading his posts is his intentions in posting them. My impression of his intentions is that, firstly, he doesn't want to put recording people down. I remember a thread that he started a few months back saying that if you want to be good at your craft (i.e. recording chorva), you have to take in criticism at its most bitter (or something to that effect). The recent threads (POD thread 1,2 & 3) seems to be his way of being bitterly criticizing.

Second, he really, really, really wants (in an Oas sorta way) to improve general taste in sound. As taste is very subjective, as is how it can be improved, Skunk at least wants to tell many artists that there are other options other than what you can usually get here, and they should go out of their way to find it if they feel that it expresses their music better.  Oftentimes, the average musician doesn't know how to get a certain tone (ang sasabihin lang, "yung parang lead tone ng Parokya") but the recording guy has some idea. So, (see "recording guy's responsibility" argument above), considering (maximizing) one's economic situation. 

Now, these, the way I understood it, are Skunk's "situation", so to speak. You all know your own individual situations.

I did personally observe that some restraint and tact should have been practiced... and I'm saying this also taking into account the times that we've personally talked, Skunk and me.  But as someone who has little tact myself, I kinda understood where he came from, and I got to have the impression that his posts are challenges worth considering, not insults worth defending from. BAMF put it nicely when he said that he wants polite criticism rather than hostile criticism, but I should say that both are criticisms and I think all types and approaches of criticism should be constructively received. I'm taking the pizza, not the delivery guy.

Yun lang muna. Friends kami ni Skunk and I like (some) of his ideas. I am, however, rejecting his Randall because it sounds ugly (haha). I hope to interact with KitC, ChuckSabbath, MarvinQ, Alroyt (etc) too someday, at baka makakuha rin ako ng tunog na magagamit ko.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2007, 02:18:41 PM »
to the deans office!!

:D

Offline marvinq

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
@inigo - i agree about taking the pizza and not the delivery guy. but wouldn't you agree that sometimes even a compliment that isn't put the right way is quite hard to swallow or digest?
============
Marvin Querido

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2007, 02:24:15 PM »
ENOUGH!
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire