hulika

Author Topic: MOTHERBOARD AND CPU SUGGESTION  (Read 2470 times)

Offline MIG AYESA

MOTHERBOARD AND CPU SUGGESTION
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:35:16 PM »
Mga forumites!

Anong motherboard and cpu ang ma-recommend ninyo?
Plano ko kasi mag-upgrade ng computer.  My current unit is P-4 1.3ghz.
I also use my computer for gaming kaya kailangan ko rin mag-upgrade ng videocard. :mrgreen:

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: MOTHERBOARD AND CPU SUGGESTION
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 12:06:58 AM »
Mga forumites!

Anong motherboard and cpu ang ma-recommend ninyo?
Plano ko kasi mag-upgrade ng computer.  My current unit is P-4 1.3ghz.
I also use my computer for gaming kaya kailangan ko rin mag-upgrade ng videocard. :mrgreen:

if budget wise. go for amd64 x2 processor and a dfi mobo.

kung may pera ka naman go get yourself a Intel C2D processor and a MSI mobo
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline georgieporgy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:54:49 PM »
kung may budget ka naman, go for gold na bro! kasi if ever you're gonna try windows vista, minimun requirement nya 2gb of ram  :-o so max it out and be the king of gaming!  8-)
Vice Chancellor of the SD-1 COALITION

Offline prodigi

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 04:58:13 AM »
kung dami talaga daturns... Mac Pro Quad Xeon. :evil:

Offline jefft

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:08:17 AM »
nuh budget mp bro? Try to get a dual core processor(amd x2 or intel core duo/core2 duo) at least, with a mobo that supports Pci-e graphics slot and ddr2 memory. But of course you can get better if you have the budget..ako rin gusto upgrade from my athlon xp 2000+ rig pero ala budget.. hehe.. good luck bro!
" it's better to regret something you did than something you didn't do".

Offline vladivastard

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 06:31:10 PM »
Here's a cheap upgrade that has the best bang for the buck.  Intel Pentium D805.  It is dual core with x20 multiplier.  It's default speed is only 2.66 but with a little overclocking I have mine running at 3.27 on normal air coolingyou can push thi processor higher but will definitely need some serious cooling system.  Just get a good motherboard with intel 975/965 chipsets with PCIe slots.  Atleast 2Gb of ddr2 800 (PC2 6400) rams and a good video card and either go Crossfire or SLI; A good power supply that supports atx 2.2 (24 pin), PCIe, SATA, 8 Pin EPS connectors.

Currently did a test system with:
Intel Pentium D805     
ECS P4M800PRO-M     
OCZ 2 Gb DDR2 6400 Gold XTC
ATI X850 XT AGP (salvaged from old PC)
1 80Gb primary HDD (salvaged from old PC)
1 250Gb slave HDD (salvaged from old PC)
2 Optical Drives (salvaged from old PC)

I chose the ECS motherboard because of the slots for memory as it supports both DDR and DDR2 plus an AGP slot which helped me a lot because i didn't want to part ways with my ATI video card yet as it still kicks butt.  Since the board is a socket 775, it will support higher end  Intel processors except quad cores.  So this will give you enough room for growth until you decide to go for Xfire or SLI.

Originally CPU clocks at 2.66 and now running at 3.27.  So far I'm able to play Americas Army game with fps between 50-80.  Yes it is a FREE game. No need to HACK or CRACK it, just go to americasarmy.com.  So far this thing has been running great with no hiccups.  I do plan to change the motherboard soon to play with the new Nvidia chipsets (680i) and going SLI.  This is coming from an AMD 3200+ processor and MSI motherboard.  MSI has left a bad taste in my mouth and I shy away from those motherboards.  The next motherboard  i plan to acquire will be either an ASUS or Abit.

dref40cc

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 06:34:59 PM »

magaling ang intel board p4 cpabalities board.  sa processor pentium 4  2.8ghz  pwede na yan