hulika

Author Topic: CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE IN UPGRADING RAM!!!  (Read 4032 times)

Offline QBERT (BERT QUITEVEZ)

CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE IN UPGRADING RAM!!!
« on: February 18, 2007, 10:09:47 PM »
 :mrgreen:
ACCDG TO MY ACQUAINTANCES, THERE'S A "RAM DOUBLING SOFTWARE"!
IT'S CHEAPER THAN BUYING RAM.
AND IT PERFORMS BETTER THAN THE ACTUAL RAM.
"IT MAKES UR APPLICATIONS FASTER, IT FEELS AND ACT LIKE A NEW PC.
(FRESH AND POWERFUL INDEED).
"CRASHES, APPLICATION LOCKUPS, AND HANGS WILL BE FEWER, AND WAITING
TIMES WILL DRAMATICALLY DECREASE!!!
ACCDG TO SATISFIED USERS, IT'S CHEAPER THAN BUYING RAM!

HMMM, SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.
FORUMITES HAVE YOU TRIED THIS SOFTWARE.??
HUH?!

IT'S NOT THE NUMBER OF STRINGS YOU PUT IN THE MUSIC BUT IT'S THE MUSIC YOU PUT INTO THOSE NUMBER OF STRINGS! (YNGWIE J. MALMSTEEN)

Offline slammer2613

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: CHEAPER ALTERNATIVE IN UPGRADING RAM!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
now thats a funny advertisement :P hehehe..cguro if there was something like this ang magagawa lang nya would be to make processing intructions more efficient.  But still your pc wouldn't go faster than what your hardware limits you too.  If im running win xp on the minimum 256 ram even if my pc were new, would still be a drag even if i had that software..although of course if runs but those who know what im saying its like o GOD help me please haha :P

And the advertisement gives no technical basis..as i said nakakatawa nga e hehe :D  Believe me get the ram :P

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 06:33:49 PM »
kalokohan yan ehehe parang yung mga internet connection booster na software :-D

Offline MikEh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 09:22:07 PM »
kakainin lng nyan cpu resources nyo. heheh

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 12:53:44 AM »
hahaha... theres a software also called modem booster, akala ng friend ko sobrang bilis na ng dialup nya at kaya ng sumabay sa broadband lolz. haaaaaaaaaaaaayy mga kalokohan talaga ng ibang software developers just to earn small time. hehe
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline slammer2613

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2007, 11:20:39 AM »
hehe pero what really works are the download accelerators.  They work! kasi what they do is connect multiple times to the same mirror that way you have at least 3 or 4 downloading at the same time.  Stuff like DAP i use kasi yon tlga ok bmblis tlga download pero the others...nevermind ^^ :lol: :?

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2007, 06:31:27 PM »
hehe pero what really works are the download accelerators.  They work! kasi what they do is connect multiple times to the same mirror that way you have at least 3 or 4 downloading at the same time.  Stuff like DAP i use kasi yon tlga ok bmblis tlga download pero the others...nevermind ^^ :lol: :?

yeah the best pa diyan eh most downloads pwede mo i resume... pero yung mga modem booster at dial up booster ekek hahah napakalaking kalokohan.

Offline danleo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 07:10:12 AM »
Yes there is a software like that. It's called magna ram. It really works mga tol. I've use it dati when my pc was still pentium mmx 200mhz with 32mb of ram way back 1998 tpos windows 98 pa gamit ko. I really doubles the ram. It works by allocating a hardisk space to be use as ram. Naka 128 mb pa nga ako dati with magna ram. and it really works. it helps the pc go fast. Kaso nung nag P3 and sdram 128mb na ako somewere 2000 with windows me. It can't work with my hardware and software na. Nagsara na rin ata ung company gumagawa ng magnaram. Wala na ring bagong version. Sayang nga eh... :-D
You may say I\'m a dreamer. But I\'m not the only one. I know someday you\'ll join us and the world will live as one...

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 07:16:09 AM »
Yes there is a software like that. It's called magna ram. It really works mga tol. I've use it dati when my pc was still pentium mmx 200mhz with 32mb of ram way back 1998 tpos windows 98 pa gamit ko. I really doubles the ram. It works by allocating a hardisk space to be use as ram. Naka 128 mb pa nga ako dati with magna ram. and it really works. it helps the pc go fast. Kaso nung nag P3 and sdram 128mb na ako somewere 2000 with windows me. It can't work with my hardware and software na. Nagsara na rin ata ung company gumagawa ng magnaram. Wala na ring bagong version. Sayang nga eh... :-D

That is simply just virtual memory....

kung yung HD lang rin ang gagamitin niya as additional RAM eh di dagdagan mo na lang yung virtual memory mo, pero wala rin naman yan eh, yun din yun eh ehehe pinaganda lang tawag, kumukuha talaga ng space sa HD to use as a paging file.. ma seset mo yan sa properties ng my computer kung naka XP ka... di mo na kailangan ng software para diyan  :-D

see Virtual Memory section, read its description  :-D

"A paging file is an area on the hard disk that Windows uses as if it were RAM."

makakapunta ka diyan by right clicking on my computer -> properties -> Advanced -> Performance Settings -> Advanced
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 07:25:37 AM by bugoy »

Offline soulfeather

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 05:36:54 AM »
Yup I would agree... Virtual Insanity... ah este memory pala..

i've also used a Software called RAM Booster... I guess what it does is to clear your cache so that you could use it up again with the current applications that your using... no need to restart...however may limit lang sya... after using it over and over you'll have the feeling it's not working anymore so you would rather restart to tune up the PC's performance.

Correct me if i'm wrong though... medyo hindi pa ako tech savvy when I was using it... as long as it works then it's fine I don't need to know how it does... hahahaha --- wrong motto...

peace!

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 07:43:54 AM »
physical memory is best. get more ram bro.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects