hulika

Author Topic: PAANO MALALAMAN KUNG CHRISTIAN BAND  (Read 22169 times)

Offline DarkHorse

Re: PAANO MALALAMAN KUNG CHRISTIAN BAND
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2008, 11:28:30 AM »
i think cla ata yung may song sa pcso commercial. yup christian sila, nakasabay namin sila sa Unashamed, yung gig sa eastwood.

astig hold on tska me and jesus, yung album na un lahat halos ng song ok..

hindi po ata sila yung sa PCSO..JC RADIO po ata yun....
BE A DEMON HUNTER!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2008, 11:43:43 AM »

a oo nga, dami kase bands nung Unashamed e...

@ tackie

four-piece ba six stone jars, tapos mejo mabigat ang tugtugan? i think yun ata yung band ni neil, yung guitarist...

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2008, 01:03:26 PM »
DAUGHTRY

Are Daughtry & Mutemath Christian bands? I don't think so dude.

Stellar Kart, first song na narinig ko dito was "Activate", sang by a band we invited to play in our church. Our youth choir sang a choir version of "Me & Jesus", you should find the album A.M.P.D. there are songs such as "Who I am hates who I've been", "Rebirthing", "My Generation", "Strong Tower" and a heck of a lot more arranged for youth choir but still rocks!

I'm trying to convince my churchmates to play "Rebirthing" next, hahaha!

As of today, I am was searching through my CD archives a found 2 album's of MxPx "Life in General" and "Slowly going the way of the buffalo". Man, I just love all the tracks on "Life in General"! Christian punk-rock rules!

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2008, 02:08:15 PM »

Di ba 'Mirahel' ang name ng band na kumakanta dun sa tv ad ng PCSO?
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2008, 02:12:20 PM »

may isa pang band e aside from mirahel.

Stellar Kart, first song na narinig ko dito was "Activate", sang by a band we invited to play in our church. Our youth choir sang a choir version of "Me & Jesus", you should find the album A.M.P.D. there are songs such as "Who I am hates who I've been", "Rebirthing", "My Generation", "Strong Tower" and a heck of a lot more arranged for youth choir but still rocks!

As of today, I am was searching through my CD archives a found 2 album's of MxPx "Life in General" and "Slowly going the way of the buffalo". Man, I just love all the tracks on "Life in General"! Christian punk-rock rules!

ok talaga mxpx noh? galing.. try mo din stryper tsong, old skul. sabi ng ibang writers sila daw ang considered na founder ng christian metal. astig yun. yellow and black mga costumes. hehehe.

Offline DarkHorse

« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »

ok..my bad..cguro christian lng sila..pero not entirely a christian band..kc if not tlga..mtgal n silang wla sa christiandl.com..check it out yourselves..

..and as of CHRIS DAUGHTRY..i think he's really a christian..i have mp3s of his former band ABSENT ELEMENT ata..doing worship covers.....

and MUTEMATH ..well..checkout the song CONTROL..its a great song...and i think its a bit "christiany" in lyrics..i cud be wrong ...well..checkout yourselves...--

CONTROL by MUTEMATH
Take control of the atmosphere
Take me far away from here
There is no better loss than to lose myself in you
In a parachute to glide, I am captive in your sky
Surrender has somehow become so beautiful

You can take my world you can fill the air
Take control, take control

It's such a beautiful surrender

Move me up through the darkest clouds
Till I've lost in the sun every shadow of doubt
There is no better find than to find myself with you
In a fog you are all I see
I'm inviting you closer with each time I breathe
Surrender has somehow become so beautiful

There is no reason I should breathe unless you're in the air
Take control

Its such a beautiful surrender
Its such a beautiful surrender
And I'm calling out
would you take control
And I'm calling out

BE A DEMON HUNTER!

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2008, 05:21:59 PM »
a oo nga, dami kase bands nung Unashamed e...

@ tackie

four-piece ba six stone jars, tapos mejo mabigat ang tugtugan? i think yun ata yung band ni neil, yung guitarist...

4-piece sila but I haven't heard them. Kita ko lang album nila sa odyssey kahapon... may track na Hesus. 8-)
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2008, 05:30:39 PM »

Yup, Mirahel yung andun sa Ramon Bautista Show :-D :-D :-D, pero yung bagong theme song ng PCSO was done by JC Radio, they were also there nung Unashamed.

Offline tackielarla

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2008, 05:35:45 PM »
Eh yung pinapakita sa cinemas? Mirahel yun di ba?
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Offline totsandnotions

« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2008, 11:29:54 AM »
This is a very good topic... Here's my thoughts about Christian bands and those who used to consider themselves as "Christian bands"......

I have a Christian band named Thoughts And Notions. in fact, nagkasabay kami ng tugtog with 23rd Psalm at Rizal park last May 2007 for Faith Land Marks Ministries. I guess some of these bands started out as Christian bands because it is really what they wanted to do. but i think it's because of the pressure of the mainstream market's discrimination against Christian bands which makes them change their band's identity a bit. an example of this one is most notably Switchfoot and Jars of Clay. Yung story ng jars of clay is an eye opener. I read somewhere na when Jars gained a mainstream following because of their song FLOOD, People began to take notice and were curious about the band. But the moment they discovered that Jars was a Christian band, people began dissing them. Ok na sana if they still retained the support of the CCM community, kaso they got criticized for being less Christian with their songs' messages eversince they became a mainstream hit. I'm a big Jars of Clay fan and it is unfair for them to be disowned by the CCM community. To silence their Critics, Jars released a Praise and worship album called Redemption songs. di ko na alam how the reception was but in my eyes, i never saw Jars doing wrong to the CCM community. And to this very day is still believe in Jars' mission of sharing their faith through music without being preachy.

jars and sixpence have been the biggest inspiration of mine that lead me to form my own band. Ganun din yung mission ko. To share the good news through music. so here is our story... We started the album as a fund raising project sa church namin without any expectation. But a lot of our friends prodded us to try sending copies to Praise Music, to which after a week they offered us a distribution contract. since the album would be made available nationwide, I began thinking about expanding our reach. Eto na yung best opportunity for us to help share the good news to a larger audience. 2 years has since passed and nakikita ko na di pa rin pumipickup yung interest ng OPM Christian music sa music scene natin. If you would describe our album, i could say it's a mix of Praise and worship songs as well as Christian contemporary ones. this i guess put us in a situation na we are standing in between both of this genres. Christians would criticize us for not being "Praise and worship" enough while the mainstream market would criticize us as too "Christian" and yung marketing and promotions isn't that strong din because the label is cutting cost. thinking about it, parang di namin naaabot yung gusto namin mangyari which is to spread the good news to a larger audience. Hmm... cguro, yeah kahit papaano naaabot namin yung listeners outside our church, but to evangelize the unevangelized, yun yung nafefeel ko na we failed. when we do live gigs, naka lineup kami with other non christian bands. and the good thing about it is that they never disrespected us. So we can share our songs even to non christians din but yung album medyo mahina yung reach because of weak marketing and others....

So the plan for a new album would begin... iniisip namin let's go mainstream and do all out positive with our songs and less "Praise and worship" with it. Or kung baga, all out mainstream na. But this would be a trilogy. 3 album project siya. The second album would be all out mainstream and we hope a big label would pick us up and market us to reach a level of success and popularity wherein people would start researching about us. and if nakamit na namin yun, yung next album na ilalabas namin would be purely a Praise and Worship album. Hoping that our success would be able to break the wall between Christian Music and mainstream music.

question... will you consider that move as selling out? It is very clear from the start kung ano yung mission ng band, and we have to make creative ways in achieving the mission. By going mainstream, we are opening our doors to more listeners which would include non-christians and if it could help introduce the good news to them through the third album, then we have achieved our mission right?  the only downside with this one is that if we allow ourselves to be eaten by mainstream success and lose our identity. Yung yung masama.

anyway, i've got a mouthful about Christian bands and other related topics about Christian songs/artists etc. would love to discuss it further. Feeling ko tong post ko too cramp hehehe.... i think i could explain this further if given time or an article to write.

by the way, in case you are interested, you can check out our site at www.thoughtsandnotions.multiply.com we have song samples there.

mabibili yung album namin sa House Of Praise branches and available na rin siya sa mga Major mainstream Record bars tulad ng SM, Odyssey, and others. This year lang siya naging available sa mga mainstream record bars after kinulit ko yung label namin na ipasok na sa mainstream so that more people will have access to it. Thoughts and Notions yung name ng band, In awe of his amazing love yung name ng album. Sana support niyo kami tulad ng sinabi ni Darkhorse so that maipagpatuloy namin yung mission namin. Kokonti nalang yung Christian bands and yung iba hindi pa naglalabasan. kailangan namin yung tulong niyo so that maitaguyod namin yung OPM Christian music. Salamat po :-)
Check out our album Thoughts and Notions: In awe of his Amazing Love. Available at all House of Praise Outlets Nationwide. to hear samples of our song, visit www.purevolume.com/thoughtsandnotions

Offline DarkHorse

« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2008, 03:38:03 PM »
KAKATAWA...DEMONHUNTER PINAGUUSAPAN..YUNG AVATAR KO PALA DEMONHUNTER..HEHE..
BE A DEMON HUNTER!

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: January 04, 2008, 03:44:06 PM »

ngayon mo lang ba napansin? pati nga sig mo e. hehehehe.

Offline DarkHorse

« Reply #62 on: January 05, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
HAHA! ONGA! ANG [grape] KO! BULAG PA!
BE A DEMON HUNTER!

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #63 on: January 05, 2008, 10:59:54 PM »
ngayon mo lang ba napansin? pati nga sig mo e. hehehehe.
HAHA! ONGA! ANG [grape] KO! BULAG PA!

Anak ng tokwa! Hahahaha, natawa ako dito!

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2008, 08:16:36 PM »
kuya totsandnotion nice songs...
question po sa mga tao dito...
sure po ba kayo na christian yung
as i lay dying and underoath?
kasi pinakikinggan sila nung mga kaklase ko po na sobrang satanista...
naisip ko kasi na through the music of those two bands pwede ba sila ma save?
if kung tatanungin niyo kung pinapansin nila yung lyrics...
sobra po memorize nila yun... mas may alam pa nga sila sakin dun sa mga bands na yun eh...

Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2008, 07:40:46 AM »
based sa mga interviews at writeups na nababasa ko tungkol sa as i lay dying at underoath, christian sila.

sure po ba kayo na christian yung
as i lay dying and underoath?
kasi pinakikinggan sila nung mga kaklase ko po na sobrang satanista...
naisip ko kasi na through the music of those two bands pwede ba sila ma save?
if kung tatanungin niyo kung pinapansin nila yung lyrics...
sobra po memorize nila yun... mas may alam pa nga sila sakin dun sa mga bands na yun eh...

precisely. yan ang goal nila, to reach out those who normally can't be reached by typical evangelism, through music na ang karamihan ng nakikinig e mga "satanista". in fact pastor's kid yung isang member ng as i lay dying, nakalimutan ko lang kung sino.

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2008, 07:16:10 PM »
based sa mga interviews at writeups na nababasa ko tungkol sa as i lay dying at underoath, christian sila.

precisely. yan ang goal nila, to reach out those who normally can't be reached by typical evangelism, through music na ang karamihan ng nakikinig e mga "satanista". in fact pastor's kid yung isang member ng as i lay dying, nakalimutan ko lang kung sino.

ang cooL naman...
i will start to research na 'bout dun sa two bands na yun...

thanks po sa info...
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2008, 03:35:31 AM »
nakalimutan ko nga pala...

Chris Impellitteri with his band Impellitteri

yan dabest!
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline rommelism

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2008, 08:42:58 PM »
Deomon Hunter and Chris Impelliteri pag ka alam ko christian band
also try
Extol (metalcore yata?)
Mortification (thrash and death metal)
Antestor (black metal)
Astig ang mga ito,bituin niyo binibigyan sila ng mga death threat ng mga ibang death metal at black metal bands dahil sa mga songs nila. (e.g. yung isa sa mga title ng kanta ng Antestor,The defeat of satan,hehe!)
pagka alam ko rin yung bandang Helloween (power metal) and try to search sa wikipedia may list dun ng christian metal bands.

Sa lokal pagkalam ko Battery kaya lang disbanded na yata sila.

Offline juneluvs

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2008, 01:35:52 PM »
haha i remember seeing an evanescence poster sa isang christian music store dati. weird. hahah it's like they thought bring me to life was about Jesus hehe. ala lang. diba di naman christian rock ung ev?
yeah...no.

Offline nightvisiongoggles

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2008, 02:13:30 AM »
aba, christian pala ang impelliteri... ayos.

dati, ayoko sa christian rock, lalo na yung mga maiingay.
ngayon ko lang narealize na maganda palang gamitin ang sandata ng kaaway para labanan siya.

Offline musopreneur_blutith

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2009, 10:37:10 PM »
Yeah... it is sad. Kaya nga it is said in Matt. 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven."

Back to the topic, it's not our job to judge everyone else, but be extra careful nalang specially in the music and lyrics of these supposed Christian bands. :)

I agree. Well we can't really judge. Baka naman nung time na ginawa din yong "di kanais-nais" na lyrics...possibly may conviction pero mas umiral need for "money"...baka mas makakahila ng audience. Not everyone who drinks, smokes, swears - di na Christian. Possibly, noon sobra-sobra nilang ginagawa..this time, minimal na lang. Well, we can consider that as a step, a change :)

... be careful na lang. Reputation is a need if you want to honor God :)

Hope this helps...although i know medyo matagal na thread na to...hehe

Stay blessed!! :)

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2009, 08:25:07 PM »

I agree. Well we can't really judge. Baka naman nung time na ginawa din yong "di kanais-nais" na lyrics...possibly may conviction pero mas umiral need for "money"...baka mas makakahila ng audience. Not everyone who drinks, smokes, swears - di na Christian. Possibly, noon sobra-sobra nilang ginagawa..this time, minimal na lang. Well, we can consider that as a step, a change :)

... be careful na lang. Reputation is a need if you want to honor God :)

Hope this helps...although i know medyo matagal na thread na to...hehe

Stay blessed!! :)

your absolutely right... hey even christians falter from time to time...so we never know really who is christian at heart or by mouth...the best is be humble and bless others....even in music (christian band or not)
 :-)
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline musopreneur_blutith

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2009, 06:55:20 AM »
your absolutely right... hey even christians falter from time to time...so we never know really who is christian at heart or by mouth...the best is be humble and bless others....even in music (christian band or not)
 :-)

(nodding) agree :)

Offline kimpoy19

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »
Being Christian is a relationship between you and God.

Kung paano malalaman?
Maybe in their works? Occupations? Or if they declare na christian nga sila.
drumming is my greatest way to praise the Lord!