hulika

Author Topic: Most Expensive ODs in Reverb  (Read 1023 times)

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most Expensive ODs in Reverb
« on: August 16, 2017, 02:32:22 AM »
Akala ko Klon Centaur na yung pinaka mahal na OD pedal...then i saw a vintage Big Muff ($7500), vintage Tone Bender ($5500)

....and this guy https://reverb.com/item/5270208-ibanez-od-9-overdrive-1983-s-n-389010-japan

WTF?!? May tubescreamer na $5900?!?!? They said its a clone of that $7500 Bug Muff.  :-o

Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...

Offline bgarcia

Re: Most Expensive ODs in Reverb
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 12:11:13 PM »
You can ask whatever price but that doesn't mean it will sell at that price.  SOLD listings will give a better indication of market value.

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 05:08:13 AM »
Akala ko Klon Centaur na yung pinaka mahal na OD pedal...then i saw a vintage Big Muff ($7500), vintage Tone Bender ($5500)

....and this guy https://reverb.com/item/5270208-ibanez-od-9-overdrive-1983-s-n-389010-japan

WTF?!? May tubescreamer na $5900?!?!? They said its a clone of that $7500 Bug Muff.  :-o

i have the Maxon counter part of the OD9. the unit sports a rare model name but it still carries the maxon brand. the pedal alone is very expensive. but i've seen a vintage TS-808 go way more because than the average market value because it comes with the original box and manual.  I have also seen a vintage TS808 box only go for 100s of dollars.  its probably 5900+ because of the box, manual+ speculation. some sellers put a premium if their unit sounds good. you know, even with engineering tolerance and all, it sounds hair raising good, sellers put a premium on that.

and nope, its NOT a tube screamer.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 05:25:39 AM by analog.matt »

Offline guitaricci

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
i have the Maxon counter part of the OD9. the unit sports a rare model name but it still carries the maxon brand. the pedal alone is very expensive. but i've seen a vintage TS-808 go way more because than the average market value because it comes with the original box and manual.  I have also seen a vintage TS808 box only go for 100s of dollars.  its probably 5900+ because of the box, manual+ speculation. some sellers put a premium if their unit sounds good. you know, even with engineering tolerance and all, it sounds hair raising good, sellers put a premium on that.

and nope, its NOT a tube screamer.

Haha yeah hindi nga sya TS. Sabi dun sa description...its has an ibanez OD850 board inside na clone daw ng original Big Muff.
Its not the kill, Its the thrill of the chase...