hulika

Author Topic: The Indie rock thread  (Read 73914 times)

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The Indie rock thread
« Reply #175 on: August 19, 2013, 10:09:07 AM »
ano ang indie rock?
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
Aaahhh, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart. One of my favorite bands.

Some photos i took of the band performing live during the Singapore leg of St. Jerome's Laneway Festival-2012.

"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
Aaahhh, The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart. One of my favorite bands.

Some photos i took of the band performing live during the Singapore leg of St. Jerome's Laneway Festival-2012.

mismo!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PEDALS & ACCESSORIES FOR SALE
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »
hindi man indie 'rock', pero sino Club 8 fans dito?  :wave:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

-2 Corinthians 5:17

Offline lennon_reincarnate

« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2013, 11:52:25 AM »
saw TPOBPAH play here Feb. last year. got to hang out with Kip sa cubao x a day before their concert. astig, babaet.

Club 8 fan here! were you in the concert last 2010?

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2013, 12:04:12 PM »
yup! it was fun and memorable. nakapa-autograph pa ako sa kanila at kay Clem nun  :)

Favorite ko yung Strangely Beautiful hehe
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

Offline shoegaze geezer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
hindi man indie 'rock', pero sino Club 8 fans dito?  :wave:

i love club 8 also. i have all their albums in assortment of cassette tapes, cds and vinyl. i saw their concert last may 2010 here in cebu. i think there were only 40+ people. the venue was very intimate. there was no stage so we could literally hold karolina and johan if we wish to but we didn't.  :-D.
after the concert, i bought their club 8- club 8 album in vinyl format and had johan and karolina autograph it. hopefully this would cost a fortune after 30 years. hahaha!

imho, i think they are still an indie band with sub genre of twee pop.

try listening to the legends also. it is johan's sideband. they sound like shoegaze/dreampop type.
"I look at yours, you laugh at mine. And love is just a miserable lie"

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2013, 12:32:06 PM »
i love club 8 also. i have all their albums in assortment of cassette tapes, cds and vinyl. i saw their concert last may 2010 here in cebu. i think there were only 40+ people. the venue was very intimate. there was no stage so we could literally hold karolina and johan if we wish to but we didn't.  :-D.
after the concert, i bought their club 8- club 8 album in vinyl format and had johan and karolina autograph it. hopefully this would cost a fortune after 30 years. hahaha!

imho, i think they are still an indie band with sub genre of twee pop.

try listening to the legends also. it is johan's sideband. they sound like shoegaze/dreampop type.

Great stuff you have there sir!!  :)

Even here in SMX MOA back then, the show wasn't like the usual big bands play. It was quite intimate too though the audience was larger than in Cebu's
Its better off that way with their music IMO.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2013, 01:00:05 PM »
belle and sebastian
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *
PM: http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=283433.0      FB: https://www.facebook.com/RcMusicEmporium

« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2013, 02:26:04 PM »
the band of Club 8 that night is a band called The Sweet Serenades. (
).

got to chat with them. they say that this was the biggest stage they've ever been too (even for Club 8). seemed like the indie scene there in Sweden is a lot like the indie scene here. kala ko sikat sila dun or respetado. sabi nila Swedish Idols and Pop rin napapansin sa kanila. and all the while I thought Sweden is really a great place for indiepop. same dynamics of the music business din pala.

love the Legends. noise pop goodness. was not much into the People's record. They have a new record out. haven't heard all the albums, but it seems it's better.

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
I think the coolest looking guitar in the world is the "offset" shaped guitar..nuff said..
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »
na inject na nanaman ako ing INDIE MADNESS ! cultura talaga ng offset guitars ang mga indie mind =D
Feed me with your noise!!!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2013, 05:39:23 PM »
na inject na nanaman ako ing INDIE MADNESS ! cultura talaga ng offset guitars ang mga indie mind =D

oo tsaka culture, art and architecture, fresh ideas,photography, non conformist lifestyle + offset guitars...

bakit kaya ano?!
*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »
oo tsaka culture, art and architecture, fresh ideas,photography, non conformist lifestyle + offset guitars...

bakit kaya ano?!
and leftist ! we are rare animals  :-D the love beauty, dark ,green pocket gardenning and innocense :mrgreen:offset is the sound to go left!
FOR SALE Guitar EFFECTS:Click THIS---->//talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=282470.msg3863929#msg3863929

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2013, 11:00:56 PM »
the band of Club 8 that night is a band called The Sweet Serenades. (
).

got to chat with them. they say that this was the biggest stage they've ever been too (even for Club 8). seemed like the indie scene there in Sweden is a lot like the indie scene here. kala ko sikat sila dun or respetado. sabi nila Swedish Idols and Pop rin napapansin sa kanila. and all the while I thought Sweden is really a great place for indiepop. same dynamics of the music business din pala.

love the Legends. noise pop goodness. was not much into the People's record. They have a new record out. haven't heard all the albums, but it seems it's better.

I haven't heard the new album too. I think clem's lilystars records is the local disributor though.

I super love 'cold hearts'. Perfect for the rainy weather.  ^-^

Offline thestrokes1251

• Netizen Level
« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2013, 11:22:34 PM »
belle and sebastian

hehe I'm not alone pala  :-D

Offline thestrokes1251

• Netizen Level
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2013, 11:28:43 PM »
mismo. have you heard the new strokes album sir?  :-P :)

okay naman yung new album ahhh lol, pero wala na talaga yata tatalo sa is this it and room on fire album nila  :nosebleed:

Offline gandydancer123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2013, 11:33:41 PM »
WELCOME GUYS!!! TAYOY MAGTIPON TIPON DITO AT ICELEBRATE ANG GENRE AT CULTURE NA ITO...

*RC MUSIC EMPORIUM *

Offline Autoplay2009

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »
^partee partee! lolz

« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2013, 06:50:28 AM »
I haven't heard the new album too. I think clem's lilystars records is the local disributor though.

I super love 'cold hearts'. Perfect for the rainy weather.  ^-^

yup they are. they're the one who produced the club 8 show too.
at least nakakaabot pa dito.

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: September 08, 2013, 03:08:28 AM »
belle and sebastian

Have you checked out the recently-released Third Eye Centre yet?

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2013, 03:07:04 PM »

bro maganda din na i-trace mo tong scene na to di lang sa porma o sa model ng gitara na gamit nila...magada rin pagaralan mo yung mga concepts, labels, band scenes na nagtulak dito: Factory Records, Rough Trade, K Records, Creation Records, C86-NME compilation bands, Sarah Records, Matador, Dischord...protopunk(The Stooges), post-punk(Television, The Fall, Talking Heads), no wave(Lydia Lunch, Sonic Youth), lo-fi(Pavement), Madchester, britpop, shoegaze, Scottish indie bands, Swedish indie bands, Portland scene

dati kasi sa pawnshop lang nabibili ang mga offset guitars at usually mga pobreng punkista ito lang ang afford:

..hanggang sa naging preppy, hip and neat na users nito  :-D nagevolve na din to several sub-genres pero na-retain yung DIY ethic. kaw may full control sa music, marketing at lahat ng output mo, walang paki sa sa charts at MTV:

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2013, 12:11:12 AM »
bro maganda din na i-trace mo tong scene na to di lang sa porma o sa model ng gitara na gamit nila...magada rin pagaralan mo yung mga concepts, labels, band scenes na nagtulak dito: Factory Records, Rough Trade, K Records, Creation Records, C86-NME compilation bands, Sarah Records, Matador, Dischord...protopunk(The Stooges), post-punk(Television, The Fall, Talking Heads), no wave(Lydia Lunch, Sonic Youth), lo-fi(Pavement), Madchester, britpop, shoegaze, Scottish indie bands, Swedish indie bands, Portland scene

dati kasi sa pawnshop lang nabibili ang mga offset guitars at usually mga pobreng punkista ito lang ang afford:

..hanggang sa naging preppy, hip and neat na users nito  :-D nagevolve na din to several sub-genres pero na-retain yung DIY ethic. kaw may full control sa music, marketing at lahat ng output mo, walang paki sa sa charts at MTV:

actually I get alot of info tru the web right now ! you are correct on record labels and their artist.. i just started old punk hardcore scene .pistols,circle jerks ,minor threat ,TRC label,velvet underground in 1990 till glam gnr then grunge came in ...until i heard nirvana ,sonic youth (dirty) dinosaur jr (where u been?) in tapes. i want to be a non conformist on music!I feel renewed and enlightened on art :wave: :mrgreen: ...keep on buying magazines like magnet,alt press,uncut from a booksale . just to be updated, because mtv is way cool that time...locally no information on the bands you dig in......madchester/manchester music? is that a rival of STONE ROSES,joy division, and The smiths? :wave:  K records i figure that tatoo of kurt coban is K records ....i figured that record labels on band i like 4ad because of cocteau twins ( started )- treasure album  beggars banquet label .  ,
 creation record bands MBV or alan, mc gee bands , Shoegaze bands adorable,ride,slowdive,,boo radlyes, etc., here are some list of genre that i like on lofi -BEAT HAPENNINGS,sebadoh ,scottish -POPSICLE, norwegian -minimalist pop kings of convenienced.on the local scene its hard for me to get an indie album bec I am a promdi :-( indie scene is at the metro .. :-(

I usually prefer vintage guitar in any kind not until I saw OFFSETS blew my mind  and become frustrated -not common...  :wave::mrgreen:

Offline paltic

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #198 on: September 10, 2013, 12:37:26 AM »
woohoo! there ya go Beat Happening is the [gooey brown stuff] man...though i prefer their later, more polished sound. also listen to some Vinnie Reily, Keith Levene, Rowland S. Howard, Television and Fugazi for some angular ear-stab...also listen to the sound from that essential C86 compilation then later to familiar sounds picked by Sarah records... listen to the folky, melodic with subtle wash of shoegaze...  :))

im not a big fan(more of corgan ako in the 90s)of kurt cobain but his influences and taste of gear is reall good and very "indie"...no wonder he killed himself because he was marketed as a mainstream commodity

Offline iceblink-luck

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: September 10, 2013, 01:11:34 AM »
Fugazi ian mckaye of minor threat  :) love his transition .4ad's michael brooke dig mo ba?  .. oh yeah i am absolutely a die hard fan of SP sumugud kami last year kahit binabagyo na  :wave:  right now i am on shoegaze, indie, dreampop .LIPAD ! pale saints = a thousand burst open! ^-^