hulika

Author Topic: The "deltaslim vs. firemodel55" thread  (Read 29144 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
The "deltaslim vs. firemodel55" thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 06:52:47 PM »
Miks,

I dont have enough cabinets.  Need you to bring your 4x12 rectifier and Marshall 4x12.  I can only bring 2x12s.  I dont think I will be configured in time for December.  I can borrow a Randall 4x12 from Dodjie.

Tell you what. I'll bring some cheap mass production Fender/Peavey amps (which you despise) and let's see how we play through those too.  Testing on different amp platforms will make the exercise more credible.

Don't worry, they'll be tube amps naman.  I know it would be sacrilegious for you to play thru a solid-state amp.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 06:57:47 PM »
Miks,

I dont have enough cabinets.  Need you to bring your 4x12 rectifier and Marshall 4x12.  I can only bring 2x12s.  I dont think I will be configured in time for December.  I can borrow a Randall 4x12 from Dodjie.

Tell you what. I'll bring some cheap mass production Fender/Peavey amps (which you despise) and let's see how we play through those too.  Testing on different amp platforms will make the exercise more credible.

Don't worry, they'll be tube amps naman.  I know it would be sacrilegious for you to play thru a solid-state amp.

Patay na Let the playing do the talking na ang tema dito ah... Ako talaga I firmly believe na tone is in the players hands... Kahit ano pa gamitin mong rig if you play like crap youll sound like crap...

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline fraudulentzodiac

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 07:14:37 PM »
Miks,

Patay na Let the playing do the talking na ang tema dito ah... Ako talaga I firmly believe na tone is in the players hands... Kahit ano pa gamitin mong rig if you play like crap youll sound like crap...
tama! :lol:

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 07:16:31 PM »
fark! I wanna go to the gig in guweilos this weekend but im out of the country .. ahhahaa... Ill loan my 4x12's no problem. :D Man.. i miss shinji!

Wait till you find out whats coming in for december. :D TONE IS IN MY _____ lol
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 07:18:27 PM by vhunter »

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 07:24:51 PM »
Easy lang naman mga bro hehehe  :-D Tone is in the HANDS we all agree on that. No reason to FIGHT about gear  :-D And if it works, it works, don't fight hehe.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »
Deltaslim,

My terms and my date as per your original challenge. December 30, 2007 or December 31, 2007 whichever is convenient for your family.  Sound Creation Private Studio.  The remnants of Soul Benders with the Virgin Hunters.  You want public access?  Thats why we will record. Also, no access to my amps bring yours.  I will pay for the whole session.  So I have the right to choose who to invite.  Not everybody can fit into the studio so, its semi-public.  I will not play on the amps you recommend.  I play loud at the minimum on 2x12 and 4x12 at best.  Don't need to check credibility across all amps as long as I play across some of the best in the world.  After all, its combined tone and technique, you should not worry because believe ka naman sa hands mo.

No to Club Dredd -- my terms and my date.

See you in 4.5 months.  This gives me enough time to upgrade my cabinets and speaker cables. Please confirm your preferred date.  Will book 16 straight hours.  This should allow both bands enough time to set up and to relax.

For the record, I did not call you out on this thread.  You just appeared.

Lahed92801,

No problem about the hands.  It about time I prove to Deltaslim that I have better hands than he.   

Miks,

Arie would want to either use the Vox AC30 or the Marshall Jubilee mini head (both No Access to Deltaslim).  How about you?  Your choice list: Rivera TBR 1SL, Matamp vintage 1971 GTO Head, Orange Overdrive 120 Head, Marshall 30th Anniversary Head, Marshall SLX Head, Marshall vintage 1972 metal panel Super Lead Head, VHT Ultra Lead Pitbull Head, Bogner Uberschall Head, Soldano SLO100 Head or Diezel Herbert Head.  I will choose depending on your choice.  Of course you can still use the Marshall Jubilee mini head.  If you choose that, I will choose the Herbert. 

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 08:52:53 PM »
:lol: :lol:

can you imagine how silly the whole thing would look?

"o lets do open A... listen to this... *kerrraaannnngggg*.... hear that? can you feel that C# tingling your spine as it shimmers beat-less against the A?... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... note that the low A retains clarity and power even when blending with 4 other notes... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... and i haven't even applied vibrato yet... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*...what do you think eh?..."

"its pretty good... but listen to this... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... now, i know the A and C# arent exactly beat-less... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... but that little niggle adds character... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... also, note that, after the initial attack, the chords seems to get louder before decaying slowly... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... can you hear that high E adding sparkle to the chord yet blending in perfectly with the other 5 notes?... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

"oo nga... may character... but its not perfect.... not like this... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

15 hours and 55 minutes later...

"you know, i just noticed, that 4th string is starting to drift on your guitar... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... parang hindi na beat-less against the low A yung E on the 4th... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

"hindi... thats one instance where it really is in the hands... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... medyo ngalay na kamay ko dito kakahawak ng A e.... gusto mo subukan ibang chord naman?... lipat naman tayo sa open A on the 5th... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... madali lang yun... here, leave the 5th string open, ring on the 7th of the 4th string..."

"hep hep hep... bawal hawakan... bawal manggulo... sa A lang tayo... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... nangangawit kamay mo?... ibig sabihin di comfortable 'yang neck ng gitara mo... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... ako, i can hold this A all week... in fact its all i play... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

"... ehem... ser... 5 minutes... last song na po..."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 08:57:01 PM by nathanmanansala »

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2007, 08:55:59 PM »
ANAKNGPOTCHA O... natulog lang ako at pag-gising heto na...  :-D 

Para na to yung kuwento about George Harisson and Eric Clapton ah... but at least yun, babae ang pinupusta...

Hmmm... manggagatong lang ako... what's the prize for the "winner"?  The loser's gear goes to the winner?  100 push-ups from the loser?  Sisig at isang round ng beer?  Bend over and pass the soap?

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2007, 08:58:06 PM »
:lol: :lol:

can you imagine how silly the whole thing would look?

"o lets do open A... listen to this... *kerrraaannnngggg*.... hear that? can you feel that C# tingling your spine as it shimmers beat-less against the A?... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... note that the low A retains clarity and power even when blending with 4 other notes... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... and i haven't even applied vibrato yet... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*...what do you think eh?..."

"its pretty good... but listen to this... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... now, i know the A and C# arent exactly beat-less... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... but that little niggle adds character... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... also, note that, after the initial attack, the chords seems to get louder before decaying slowly... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... can you hear that high E adding sparkle to the chord yet blending in perfectly with the other 5 notes?... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

"oo nga... may character... but its not perfect.... not like this... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

15 hours and 55 minutes later...

"you know, i just noticed, that 4th string is starting to drift on your guitar... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... parang hindi na beat-less against the low A yung E on the 4th... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

"hindi... thats one instance where it really is in the hands... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... medyo ngalay na kamay ko dito kakahawak ng A e.... gusto mo subukan ibang chord naman?... lipat naman tayo sa open A on the 5th... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... madali lang yun... here, leave the 5th string open, ring on the 7th of the 4th string..."

"hep hep hep... bawal hawakan... bawal manggulo... sa A lang tayo... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... nangangawit kamay mo?... ibig sabihin di comfortable 'yang neck ng gitara mo... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*... ako, i can hold this A all week... in fact its all i play... *keeerrrraaaannnggg*..."

"... ehem... ser... 5 minutes... last song na po..."

TRIPLE ANAKNGPOTCHA...  :-D  :-D  :-D  Man, natawa ako dun a.  B chord naman.  Ay, sa next shootout na lang yun.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2007, 09:03:10 PM »
Nathan,

Just to make it an extra challenge, will do the shoot out in the dark so that nobody will see what anybody else is doing. heh heh.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »
Mind if I watch your tone shootout, guys? I'm interested in seeing it for myself.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2007, 09:07:57 PM »
Sure dude.  Sama ka with  your Suhr. 

Offline trem3

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2007, 09:09:54 PM »
Let's Get it on na pala ang usapan dito?

sa Araneta nyo kaya gawin yan para masmaraming makasaksi!  :-D
Click Here

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2007, 09:12:31 PM »
Arie would want to either use the Vox AC30 or the Marshall Jubilee mini head (both No Access to Deltaslim).  How about you?  Your choice list: Rivera TBR 1SL, Matamp vintage 1971 GTO Head, Orange Overdrive 120 Head, Marshall 30th Anniversary Head, Marshall SLX Head, Marshall vintage 1972 metal panel Super Lead Head, VHT Ultra Lead Pitbull Head, Bogner Uberschall Head, Soldano SLO100 Head or Diezel Herbert Head.  I will choose depending on your choice.  Of course you can still use the Marshall Jubilee mini head.  If you choose that, I will choose the Herbert. 

Alanghiya naman... penge naman ng kahit isang amp diyan!  Awesome amp list Alex.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2007, 09:13:14 PM »
Haay. My first time to come to this thread.

If the variables are not constant, what's the point in the shootout ? Are you bashing two guitars together or two separate signal paths, all with differing variables ?

Similarly you'll have to decide first. Is this a tone shootout or is it a player shootout ? Of course these will have different rubrics for judging.

Otherwise, it will all just be a waste of time. I don't know you too well Alex. But Joric, I do know you're too smart to not know this :D

Pero sige lang ! Sayang looks like I won't be invited, but sure, humor yourselves and have a ball guys.

Gosh. Just when I remember saying to myself the amp vs pod A/B party was pointless. This takes the cake.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2007, 09:13:23 PM »

Lahed92801,

No problem about the hands.  It about time I prove to Deltaslim that I have better hands than he.   

ayan na yun  :-D we're dead.

Dapat walang magshreshred kasi tone ang pinaguusapan hehehe.

Post the recordings here ha  :-D

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 09:14:20 PM »
Pinoyboy,

Thanks for the compliment.

Poundcake,

Which amp do you want to plug your Suhr into?

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 09:18:22 PM »
BAMF,

Come over too...  I guess its really simple now, who gets the most claps or votes wins... No other criteria.  Its really the perfect integration of player into tone, technique, inspiration and soul.  Kung Kanya Kanya kasi ang claim, no other way but to get the most claps or votes.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 09:19:48 PM »
Pinoyboy,

Poundcake,

Which amp do you want to plug your Suhr into?

Great! The SLO100 or the Uberschall will be perfect. I have to get used to the Bogner sound because I'm GASsing for one :evil:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 09:22:08 PM »
Ok doki.  Soldano SLO100 and Bogner Uberschall will join the shoot out.

Skunky,

I need to borrow your Randall 4x12 for the Bogner Uberschall. 

Offline Lahed92801

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2007, 09:22:35 PM »
bro, just a question, will you guys call votes? Kasi tone, we all agree naman, is subjective. Some people love frank gambale's tone for its clarity and smoothness while some people often say- in the words of my friend- "It's a wussy ass, overly chorused jazz-rock tone". Or some people think eric johnson puts too much reverb. Some also say wes montgomery's tone was too dark and was muffled. Some people hate yngwie's tone and say it's too glassy.

And which crowd will vote kasi, a jazz crowd won't like a very saturated shred tone while a metal crowd will hate a super clean jazz tone  :-D

So pano na yun  :-D

edit

SIR, DAYUM, YOU'VE GOT NICE AMPS  :-o
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:26:59 PM by Lahed92801 »

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2007, 09:23:37 PM »
If the variables are not constant, what's the point in the shootout ? Are you bashing two guitars together or two separate signal paths, all with differing variables ?

Similarly you'll have to decide first. Is this a tone shootout or is it a player shootout ? Of course these will have different rubrics for judging.
kaya nga open A lang dapat ang gagawin e.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2007, 09:31:11 PM »
Pinoyboy,

Anong teynks teynks... penge naman ng amp!   :-D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2007, 09:44:55 PM »
My terms and my date as per your original challenge.

Revisionist historian ka talaga...  It was you who issued a challenge, dude, and it's funny that everybody can see kung pano ka "mang-baligtad".  It's you who are setting all these terms and conditions after issuing the challenge.  If you're so sure of yourself why not we just show up in the whatever gig there is tomorrow and let's get it over with?  Meron ata Blue Rats sa Hobbit House -- ano game ka?  Mabait magpa-jam yung mga yun.  Matapang ka naman eh, call na yan!  Let's roll!

December 30, 2007 or December 31, 2007 whichever is convenient for your family.  Sound Creation Private Studio. 

Dec 30, 2007.  Set na yan... stone cold.

Aug 18, 2007, Club Dredd - You chickened out!!! 

Aug 17, 2007, Hobbit House - Let's see if you chicken out a 2nd time.

In fact, tell you what...  I'm challenging you come to any Blueskrieg gig with your Baker and let's shoot it out.  Every time you don't show up, you are chicken and just full of hot air!

You want public access?  Thats why we will record.

Uh-oh, so now this is a recording shootout?  Eh di mag-POD na lang ako?!  LOL!  Ever heard of live music played by a band on a stage in front of people?  Whatever happened to that?  Ang galing galing mo pa naman magpaka-critic ng mga gigs ko dati.

Also, no access to my amps bring yours. 

All this new disclaimers and conditions you are adding just prove how biased you are and how un-scientific this whole thing will be.  Don't matter to me, but it just shows your character.

I will pay for the whole session.  So I have the right to choose who to invite.  Not everybody can fit into the studio so, its semi-public. 

Haha... talagang tone is in the wallet.  You'd actually pay that much just to make sure you have your own friends by your side?  What do friends have to do with your tone and guitar playing?   Pay for it if you insist; sabagay ikaw ang nag-challenge ang nag-isip ng recording studio for a venue.

Para makatipid ka naman in the future, here's a bonus for you. You can bring all the friends and family you want to any gig where you show up and we do a shoot-out.  How's that?

I will not play on the amps you recommend....  I play loud at the minimum on 2x12 and 4x12 at best.  Don't need to check credibility across all amps as long as I play across some of the best in the world.  After all, its combined tone and technique, you should not worry because believe ka naman sa hands mo.

This is you skirting the issue.  How can you compare two guitars that are played through 2 different amps?  More terms and conditions, huh?

No to Club Dredd -- my terms and my date.

Ok, for the record, I issued you the same challenge, you chickend out. 

See you in 4.5 months.  This gives me enough time to upgrade my cabinets and speaker cables. Will book 16 straight hours. 

Book as much time as you want.  I just hope you had the courtesy of asking all the people you name-dropped if they were ok to get involved in your little ego trip.

For the record, I did not call you out on this thread.  You just appeared.

Haha!  Gosh, you don't even know what "being called out" means.  LOL!

It about time I prove to Deltaslim that I have better hands than he.   

Yeah, it's about time you let your fingers do the talking.  People are sick and tired of your industrial-strength "hangin"... I say, it ain't bragging if you can back it up.   

Arie would want to either use the Vox AC30 or the Marshall Jubilee mini head (both No Access to Deltaslim). 

Haha!  What is this, 3rd grade?!@#$%   LOL!

You should hear yourself talk.  Iba talaga level mo tsong!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 09:57:44 PM by deltaslim »

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2007, 09:47:10 PM »
Hay.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.