hulika

Author Topic: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challenged  (Read 72786 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challeng
« Reply #325 on: December 11, 2006, 04:06:35 PM »
Deltaslim,

Great tone is in practice?  Akala ko in the hands...  You are confusing us.  Akala ko rin musicianship is in practice?  Talagang hindi mo alam saan kukunin ang timbre mo.  Well I wish Santa Clause would grant you the insight of tone.

That aside, it was a good year to spar around with but I have been advised that I do not belong in this forum.  The person used the analogy of the building.  I am alone on the 10th floor while the majority are on the 5th floor.  No matter how hard I try to convince the 5th floor guys that the air and view is different on the 10th floor, the 5th floor guys insist it is the same.  The 5th floor guys are pushing me to go down but they dont understand that I already passed the 5th floor and are not willing enough to climb on to the 10th.

You are right.  Time is better spent practicing instead of posting on this forum.  December will be the last month of my posts.

But to you and your family, I wish you best wishes this Christmas and Good Luck on your upcoming gigs...

Dude, what if there is a 15th floor, or a 20th floor, or moreso, a penthouse?  But then, you need a badge to get you past the 10th floor.  And what is the badge?  Is it "practice", or is it "more gear options?"  And what if someone from the penthouse comes to you on the 10th floor and says, "the Penthouse looks nice but the air is too thin..." 

I think this is pretty similar to an old thread I made ala Plato's "Allegory of the Cave".  It is pointless to argue when people cannot separate timbre from talent.  It's just exhausting. 

Sa recording pa lang ang hirap na magpaliwanag na gamitin ang amp distortion.  Eh paano pa kaya kung mag-recommend na MAMUHAY KASAMA ANG MAGANDANG AMPS? 

After listening to several old and new recordings, it seems to me that equipment are not really getting better, but rather getting more diverse.  It's like, Alex Lifeson of Rush wouldn't look for a hughes and Kettner Triamp back in the "Fly By Night" days simply because they did not exist then.  Hence the Plexis... But then, if someone brought a time machine to the 70's and showed him his "Alex Lifeson signature amp", would he like it? 

Anyway, a lot are simply licking their wounds rather than find the real cure to their tonal deficiencies.  Yes, to some extent, talent can make a below average setup sound great.  Take Jun Lopito for instance; I saw him play through the crappiest Peavey Supersat amps and sounded quite great.  But when he plugged to my Randall RM100 using the Plexi module, he sounded 3x as good.  And it makes me wonder what if you gave him a room full of different amps for him to choose from AND LIVE WITH AND BRING TO GIGS?

This building analogy begs the question...  What useful purpose does those levels serve?  Nothing related to music or even tone, IMO.  Excellent music can be made at all levels as long as the player knows how to play to the strengths (and downplay the limitations) of his gear.  An itenerant bluesman with a cigar box-gtr and a switchblade for slide can be as powerful as SRV wringing his vintage Strat through Dumbles.  They both know what timbre/tone they're looking for; you can basically cancel out talent in that equation.  I don't think people here are necessarily licking their wounds just because they can't afford botweek stuff and are confined to a certain level and others are at 'higher' levels.  The problem is that these "levels" are being substituted lock, stock, and barrel for tone and musicality and feel slighted that people would assume they can't have tone and/or musiciality at their level.  Anyone can enjoy themselves at their own "level".  But it has no correlation with tone nor musicality.

Btw, I've been wondering who gave Oas that building analogy and who told him he does not belong in this forum.  Just curious and intrigued...  it might be a concern for all forumites, actually.  I'm tired (and am refraining from) mudslinging but I'm always gonna fight for democratic and human rights, incl the right to share one's opinion and thoughts in public (NOT including personal attacks tho). 

But for now (and in response to all of the current and future tirades by Oas), Im telling myself: "See no evil, hear no evil!" (Ika nga ni Poundcake)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:54:18 AM by deltaslim »

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
oasgomez...bakit ba no remorse ka pare? dami mong na offend dito. sa dami ng nakakainis na posts/threads mo dito...kung equivalent ng talent mo as a guitar player ikaw na cguro si segovia.

pwede ba tigilan mo na pare? it doesnt hold any water anymore, coz nobody will listen to a reviewer who can't play to save his life.
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline oasgomez-is-banned

• Forum Fanatic
Deltaslim,

Someone very very very very close to you...

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Boutique Pedal Review: Matchless Hot Box -- Not for the financially challeng
« Reply #328 on: December 11, 2006, 05:56:22 PM »
i love you guys  :cry:

Offline chadrobles

• Forum Fanatic
DEC 18- PURPLE HAZE

MYTH BUSTERS!!!! TONE EDITION!!!

:-D

eto na lang title pwede, tnx to eric of audiophile for the brilliant suggestion.

Offline snidd

• Veteran Member
eh kung iisang building lang naman.. dun na ko sa may baba.. kung aircon naman lahat ng floor.. haha.. tapos pag nasira ung elevator.. ayus lang. di ako mapapagod umakyat.

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #331 on: December 12, 2006, 03:18:02 AM »
love is in the air....  8-)
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #332 on: December 12, 2006, 08:15:46 AM »
Deltaslim,

Someone very very very very close to you...

Very very very very close to me?  That can only be my wife, kids, and buddies from college and kumpares.  But knowing who are close to you and whom you listen to you must be referring to Arie Hipolito.  Well, that's news to me.  But that wouldn't be the first time na pinagbawalan ka nyang mang-attack dito sa forum.  You and I both know that.

Deltaslim,

I only answer you because you keep on posting in my threads and posting against my posts.  Sorry kung na-insulto ka pala...  Funny you complain about stooping down to my level yet you love posting againt me and yet complain when I answer you which you think are insults?  You are strange.

Oas, here's a straighforward and simple question: Show me a new thread/post by you where I instantly attacked your person.  All I do is offer an opinion -- if it runs counter to yours (like many here), why get hurt so much?  What usually happens is this:

1. Oas posts an opinion/statement of information
2. I or others post their opinion or challenge the statement/information (which may fully or slightly counter against yours)
3.  You attack the other person at a personal level  (not anymore talking about the gear, but more on the capacity or qualifications of the other person to HAVE such an opinion)
4.  I or other person (of course) attack back (dahil personal nga e)

I've seen this unfold countless times but you don't seem to see the pattern and always insist people are after you as a person instead of your particular opinion.  There's a big difference that you like glossing over.

So, please do me a favor and point out to me exactly in which thread/post where you post an opinion and I instantly attacked you as a person instead of your opinion/information.

PS - Of course, there's always the big possibility that you will see this as an attack again, instead of a "point of inquiry", as they say in Congress.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #333 on: December 12, 2006, 09:18:13 AM »
Deltaslim,

By the way bago ka magpost that a Squire is good enough because Joey uses it, dapat pala itananong mo muna sa kanya kung bakit iyun ang gamit niya -- ten years ago before you post it here -- at ilan Squier na rin ang napagpilian niya.

Kaya pala you guys are arguing. You are talking about two totally different brands. Yung kay oas, Squire and then for Delta, it's the Squier.  :-D

:cry: :cry: :cry:
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ewan ko kayo, pero ako, nasa 1st floor pa lang. At kailangan ko pang ilampaso.

Teka nga, magbubunot muna ako.

:lol:
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ewan ko kayo, pero ako, nasa 1st floor pa lang. At kailangan ko pang ilampaso.

Teka nga, magbubunot muna ako.

:lol:

aya, Wag mo gayahin gupit ko! Trademark ko yan! :mrgreen:

Offline alkohol

BWAHAHAHAHA

hanep talaga si aya... kaya saludo kami sayo eh.. humble ka.

pakilampaso na rin ang kwarto ko at pataihin ang aso sa labas... hehehe :-D
"the more I learn, the more I see how dumb I am

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #337 on: December 24, 2006, 06:44:02 AM »
LOL buhay pa din 'tong thread na 'to?! cool. madali nang hanapin.

you know something? i think i agree with mr. gomez. i think its because christmas is less than 24 hours away. i think anyone would sound better with better gear.

but the ones who need to have better gear to sound better are the ones who cant play.

merry christmas!!! :-D :-D :-D

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
long live this thread! :mrgreen:

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #339 on: December 28, 2006, 09:14:33 AM »
bump.

dont you guys miss him already? :cry: :cry:

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #340 on: December 28, 2006, 10:12:03 AM »
bump.

Actually, NO.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #341 on: December 28, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »
burn!!

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #342 on: December 28, 2006, 12:58:00 PM »
bump.

Actually, NO.

Kapag SoCal Boys ang nawala or umalis dito sa PhilMusic, un ang malungkot. :-P
Pansin ko kaya lumakas Philmusic dahil sa kanila!!! :-D
Dati mainit ang Yupangco Forums, pero the past year humina, pano nahila ng mafia na yan. :-D
Mga GAS Masters!!! :-D

Hep!hep!hep!
IMHO lang naman.. :mrgreen:

Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #343 on: December 28, 2006, 01:12:10 PM »
Guys fill me in as i havent been able to check the forum lately. Umm where's oas goin?

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Pumunta ng 11th floor... puro boutique don, eh.  :-D
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Pumunta ng 11th floor... puro boutique don, eh.  :-D

LOLZ  :lol:
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis