hulika

Author Topic: "What happened?"  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Deacon Blues

• Forum Fanatic
"What happened?"
« on: June 05, 2006, 02:55:46 AM »
Since we all know that pinoymusika hangs out a lot in this forum, maybe we can at least get the lowdown on what really happened that fateful Thursday afternoon ..

Sir?

Now we all know what it feels like to be among the destitute, orphaned cyberfreaks who have just been thrown into limbo ..

And that makes it even sweeter to know we're back - in a place where we can truly call our second home ..

Cheers!  :)
"No static at all ..."

Offline toybitz

• Board Moderator
"What happened?"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:52:41 AM »
maintainance lang Bro.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "What happened?"
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 07:57:20 AM »
Quote from: Deacon Blues
Since we all know that pinoymusika hangs out a lot in this forum, maybe we can at least get the lowdown on what really happened that fateful Thursday afternoon ..

Sir?

Now we all know what it feels like to be among the destitute, orphaned cyberfreaks who have just been thrown into limbo ..

wow sorry to throw you out for a loop man, hehe. Sites go down and up all the time, software has to be upgraded and all that. PhilMusic has moved to about 4 or 5 web hosting providers since it started, this board has migrated from one board program to another, every now and then phpBB sends us an upgrade bulletin (usually to plug up some leak that a hacker might exploit) so we shut the board down (or in the case of last week, the whole account), work on upgrades and put it back up...

and then ---! there is a question of managing our real lives as well! So over the weekend it was like, so should we put the site back up on Saturday or wait till Monday. All things considered, we continued with our weekend plans (hang out with  my potential in laws to be, do all the requisite mall shopping, buy groceries, all that domesticated crap hehe) and committed instead to a MOnday reopening... so here we are!

Thanks for the patience nonetheless, and a big thank you for all the support all this time! Believe me we get as much (or more so) out of reading the messages as you get using the site!  :D

Offline haringulan

"What happened?"
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:56:11 AM »
easy deac, long deep breaths, repeat after me, "my mind is a hollow reed... philmusic on maintainance is just like the wind blowing through me..."

good to know its back on line, we can all wipe the foam from our mouths now.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
"What happened?"
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 11:37:43 AM »
heheheh, the foam on my mouth was from the toothpaste! just kiddin'...

i too shall be chanting haringulan's mantra. my friday was screwed, i felt homeless and pitiful when the site was down, like an orphan yearning for the warmth and assurance of his mother's carress...

well, being philmusic dependent is alot safer than having a GAS attack, eh?

"the heart of a perfect man is like a mirror: it reflects everything, but keeps nothing for itself..."
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
"What happened?"
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 11:59:44 AM »
"the heart of a perfect man is like a mirror: it reflects everything, but keeps nothing for itself..."

did this come from a zen book? this quote is familiar...

anyway, yup, i thought my lifestyle would change, well internet lifestyle, when philmusic went down. buti na lang it's back up again, hehe. na-miss ko yung information dito sa guitar central eh, hehe. medyo mabagal ang pasok ng posts sa kabila eh, hehe.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
"What happened?"
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
Quote from: Kulas

anyway, yup, i thought my lifestyle would change, well internet lifestyle, when philmusic went down. buti na lang it's back up again, hehe. na-miss ko yung information dito sa guitar central eh, hehe. medyo mabagal ang pasok ng posts sa kabila eh, hehe.

yup, the quote came from an old book on zen focusing that i rummaged from a second hand bookstore. im no buddhist, i would like to have my zen minus the buddhism but, as a lover of literature, i possess particular ardor towards the zen/jap stuff ;) very applicable to your guitar playing! i actually follow more philosophical/zen ideas than music theory, come to think of it. theory can be like math... the philosophy makes it easier to apply :) (sowee, OT na ko... this should be in music school!)

my other zen... Jap AV Idols ;)

(let's not start the jap chick thread here, dude! hahahahaha!)

Ron Kirn

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
"What happened?"
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 01:44:19 PM »
Quote from: psychic_sushi
Quote from: Kulas

yup, the quote came from an old book on zen focusing that i rummaged from a second hand bookstore. im no buddhist, i would like to have my zen minus the buddhism but, as a lover of literature, i possess particular ardor towards the zen/jap stuff ;) very applicable to your guitar playing! i actually follow more philosophical/zen ideas than music theory, come to think of it. theory can be like math... the philosophy makes it easier to apply :) (sowee, OT na ko... this should be in music school!)

my other zen... Jap AV Idols ;)

(let's not start the jap chick thread here, dude! hahahahaha!)

how cool!  i read up a lot on vedic knowledge and philosophy (metaphysics and epistomology, mostly) when i was in college.  

i don't think i remember any of that stuff anymore... pero naging pilosopo ako! :-)

Offline Deacon Blues

• Forum Fanatic
"What happened?"
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 03:35:05 PM »
Ahhh ... that's quite comforting to know ..

And to think people were toying with all sorts of 'conspiracy theories' ..  :)

Thanks for the prompt response!

And once again, my own personal thanks for making all this possible..

As Sting once said ..

" ... seems I'm not alone at being alone ..
  ... hundred billion castaways, looking for a home .. "
"No static at all ..."

Chito

"What happened?"
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 10:34:08 PM »
Just a suggestion. Since website maintenance is something that needs to be done no matter what, it would be nice to have a page that says something like "PhilMusic Website Under Maintenance. We will be back soon." kinda thing instead of getting a "You Are Forbidden..."

For a lot of folks getting that message makes them wonder why they have all of a sudden been "Banned". Although that may also not be a bad thing coz it will keep people on their toes wondering what they have posted that caused this to happen.  :twisted:  :twisted:

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
"What happened?"
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2006, 10:02:13 AM »
Quote from: Chito
Just a suggestion. Since website maintenance is something that needs to be done no matter what, it would be nice to have a page that says something like "PhilMusic Website Under Maintenance. We will be back soon." kinda thing instead of getting a "You Are Forbidden..."

For a lot of folks getting that message makes them wonder why they have all of a sudden been "Banned". Although that may also not be a bad thing coz it will keep people on their toes wondering what they have posted that caused this to happen.  :twisted:  :twisted:

i second the motion. the "You Are Forbidden..." makes me hear a thunderous voice from the clouds telling me so, like I've sinned a sin unforgiveable and will be damned to languish and roast in hell's kitchen. "Cain, where is your brother?..."

youtube had a nice maintenance sign: "All your videos are belong to us!" ;) and a message assuring that the site wasn't hacked. heheheh

Ron Kirn