The Musician Forums > Music Technology & Pro Audio

The Free Plug Ins and Soundfonts Thread

<< < (3/47) > >>

KitC:

--- Quote from: 3650guy ---
and this would be the trial and error method of drawing  tempo changes per bar right?  so how precise can you draw it?  right down to the downbeat?
--- End quote ---

The trick with Sonar is to right click on the wav and use the "Set Snap Offset to Now Time". That's almost the equivalent of the Q hitpoint is Cubase (can't seem to find that in the SL/SX version - it was easy to find in VST 32). I just drag the downbeat to a barline, use snap offset, then insert tempo changes either at each measure or every 2 measures - no trial and error, I can estimate tempo just by looking at the next downbeat in relation to the next barline. I even do decelerandos and accelerandos with this method. You can easily tell if a song was sequenced, you only have to set the tempo once.

The time warp feature in Cubase is almost indispensable if you're beat matching a rubato performance... I've been known to insert tempo changes every 1/16th note. If there's one thing I like about Cubase, is that it's tempo is accurate to 3 decimal places.

3650guy:
okay, that was very presumptious of me - and my apologies.  your reply was food for thought....    which i will digest.....

KitC:

--- Quote from: 3650guy ---okay, that was very presumptious of me - and my apologies.  your reply was food for thought....    which i will digest.....
--- End quote ---

Accepted, though not really needed. Life's experiences have afforded me a thick skin and I don't bruise easy. (bitemarks, however, are another problem... :wink:  )

Another secret to Sonar? Keybindings. FYI: You can use the same key commands in Sonar with Cubase, you just have to dig a bit in Cubase's preferences. It's one of the reasons I switch easily between the 2 programs.

skunkyfunk:
My Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde works much better.  ;)  As for Reverb and EQ, I am happy enough with TC Works and Waves.

KitC:

--- Quote from: skunkyfunk ---My Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde works much better.  ;)  As for Reverb and EQ, I am happy enough with TC Works and Waves.
--- End quote ---

Jekyll and Hyde - $139
TC Electronic Powercore PCI - $599 plugins start at $199
TC Works Compressor and Mastering EQ - included in Sonar 2XL package (if you have Sonar 2)
Waves Platinum Native Bundle - $1,599 other waves products are usually in the 4 digit range.

If these work for you, fine. It only tells me you got deep pockets. This thread was meant for Free Plugins that especially work good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version