hulika

Author Topic: line6 question  (Read 1322 times)

Offline x_taxi

• Forum Fanatic
line6 question
« on: December 13, 2007, 07:31:08 PM »
hi,

my old sansamp classic just died.  so i'm thinkin of finally gettin a line6 product.  sorry skunky, i'm goin over to the dark side.  with our options locally, i don't like the zoom tone when recordin direct.  it can't even simulate an amp, to my ears at least.  as i was in the middle of a scorin raket, i had to borrow a pod xt from a buddy of mine, and i'm lovin the tone.

my question is thus: in a recording scenario, is there any "noticeable" difference in tone across the line6 pod family?  my options are pod 2.0, pod xt or pod xt live (which looks sweet cause it looks like a normal multi-fx pedal).  one of the reasons i never got the pod before was cause it looked ugly in my mind, a huge red jelly bean-slash-kidney.

thanks.

:-) :-) :-)
:razz::razz::razz:

Offline bloodyvai

Re: line6 question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 07:45:40 PM »
bro make the new pod x3 an option as well.

it has built in bass and vocal preamps.

hehe

sulit talaga line6 sa recording. i have heard tons of homerecordings na gamit ang line6 and all of them sounded great.

:-D
Ayt

Offline nickoreno

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
yup hehehehe kaso nga lang medyo mahal pa eh.. meron binebenta sa classified pod xt live tpos upgraded pa 18k mura na un heheheh..
maganda sa recording ung pod hehehe minsan kahit sinasabayan ko lang ung mga tugtog dumidikit ung tunog ko parang kasama ako sa recording hehehe...
sulit ang pod hehehe. gudluck bro..

Offline nickoreno

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 10:54:16 PM »
pod x3 sagad na ata un eh hehehe lahat ng upgrades ng podxt at basspod nandun na hehehe... meron pang bonus pang vocals...

Offline supacow

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 10:35:31 AM »
thanks for takin the time to reply.  isn't the pod xt upgradeable to v3?  free download yata.  they have the v3 na ba at yupangco?  no more pod 2.0 or xt in stock, just got the sms from my suking tindero earlier.  so that leaves the single stock of the xt live.  maybe i just answered my own question.  haha.

if there's one thing i don't like bout digital effects, it's that sometimes guitars lose their character and begin to sound the same.  plus i can't get that certain articulation with analog gear.  i dunno.  just needs some major tweakin i guess.   i'm not complainin though.  just a noob observation. that's what i loved bout the sans amp, konti lang yun buttons for tweakin.  haha.  tamad.

i'm not a tone freak, my main axe is an ibby rg, which is good for a lot of different sounds.  although for ease of use, especially with the nature of my work, the pod can't be beat.

:-) :-) :-)

I saw a PodXT sa perfect pitch makati!

that was just monday nga lang :)

dont know if its still there, great buy na! 15k na lang,

Offline nickoreno

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 10:57:58 PM »
sir hehehe upload nyo ung mga tone na magagawa nyo hehehe bahagian tayo ng mga tones hehehe!!! sulit talaga yan hehehe..

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 11:20:50 PM »
i tried the new POD at a local store and it is a fun unit with a lot of potential uses for studio work and live performance. it sure as hell is better than anything Zoom based I've ever heard.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline bloodyvai

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 01:06:03 AM »
true that!
 :-D
Ayt