hulika

Author Topic: Being a Guitarist  (Read 43760 times)

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Being a Guitarist
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2008, 01:49:12 PM »
enjoy lang sir.think positive lang, hindi ka nga gagaling kung iniisip yung gastos mo lang sa gamit mo....in the first place bakit bumili ng gitara? gusto mong matuto eh. kasama sa development ng talent yung hirap hindi mo makukuha yan ng hindi pinaghirapan tska ang sarap kaya pag pinaghirapan mo tapos yung mga tao they admire your talent. pero hindi ka dapat mag-please kung ayaw nila. labo ata sinabi ? hehehehe

share ko lang 'to thru my experience naalala ko nung highschool pa ako nakita yung barkada ko ng tumugtog nung una inggit lang kumbaga naki-uso lang ako sa pag-gigitra. pero nung tumagal hindi ko na napansin na kinarir ko na yung mga togs ko. hehehe..

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »
UP!!

hehehe baguhan pa lang ako sa PHilmusic nabasa ko na to.. may post ata ako dito.. buhay pa rin yung thread

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2008, 01:59:15 AM »
makikinig na nga rin ako ng John Mayer.........

:lol:

walang binatbat yung Emo thread dito! :lol:

Offline paquitz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #103 on: February 18, 2008, 04:51:12 AM »
Wow. Na miss ko tong thread na to. Bago pa lang ako dito nung unang nabasa ko to. Best seller man. Rock on

Offline zero`cool

« Reply #104 on: February 18, 2008, 05:12:38 AM »
I hate this trhread by the way.... here it goes

(non edited)
Hey guys, sine most of yous got more experiences. Don't you think a good guitarist is a great man. I mean, its not only the time you spend practising. It is also the time of your life. How about the other opportunities you missed just to play and practise. How about the money you spend on your gear instead of being fun and hang ouit with your friends and spend some money doing that. How about ur frustrations and doubts if you can succeed and really become a better guitarist and if what your doing is right. How many of you find a difficulty in anything. Isn't it enough that you study your chords and scales. What are we missing. Should we listen to toe right kinds of music? Is there something within us that we cant overcome. How should we know if all of these will lead us to something we dont like. Dont you feel weird when choosing to play and practice rather than studying or doing something "at the right time". I mean, we all got tons of problems and frustrations other than our musicianship. How about the demands of being able to play gigs through sleepless and never ending nights just to take chances. How about the hardships of transportation when jamming every week. How about each and every hassle life may bring us?

Whatcha Think?

whatcha think lang naalala ko sa bandang huli..haba kasi... :-D
"I'm dumb she's a lesbian.."
BossingBoss|pao2pao16|fonzguitar13|bumbum|enzo22|didi09

Offline santos_oli

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2008, 01:16:37 AM »
In the 1st place why'd you pursue your music career if only at the end you'll end up regretting everything. It's just pure passion plain & simple!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:18:09 AM by santos_oli »
Genre: Funk/Rock/Blues/Alternative/Metal
Influences: Paul Gilbert | Steve Vai | DT/Symphony X | Mr. Big | Incubus | RHCP | P.O.T | Wolfgang | Razorback | etc.
Weakness: Not much into shredding  Strength: Clear & clean solos Demo: Soon >; }

Offline akosimic

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2008, 02:05:49 AM »
its alliiiiiivee!

Langxst

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2008, 03:43:56 AM »
I hate this trhread by the way.... here it goes

(non edited)
Hey guys, sine most of yous got more experiences. Don't you think a good guitarist is a great man. I mean, its not only the time you spend practising. It is also the time of your life. How about the other opportunities you missed just to play and practise. How about the money you spend on your gear instead of being fun and hang ouit with your friends and spend some money doing that. How about ur frustrations and doubts if you can succeed and really become a better guitarist and if what your doing is right. How many of you find a difficulty in anything. Isn't it enough that you study your chords and scales. What are we missing. Should we listen to toe right kinds of music? Is there something within us that we cant overcome. How should we know if all of these will lead us to something we dont like. Dont you feel weird when choosing to play and practice rather than studying or doing something "at the right time". I mean, we all got tons of problems and frustrations other than our musicianship. How about the demands of being able to play gigs through sleepless and never ending nights just to take chances. How about the hardships of transportation when jamming every week. How about each and every hassle life may bring us?

Whatcha Think?

If that was on your mind it just simply
means you don't really love what youre doing.

Offline j3yps

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2008, 03:49:32 AM »
If that was on your mind it just simply
means you don't really love what youre doing.

Korek! Music needs passion

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2008, 07:34:30 AM »
Buhay na naman to? :-D
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2008, 07:50:58 AM »
onga eh. halos sinakto sa easter hehehe

anyway, passion lang talaga dude. when I started playing guitar when I was 12, I didn't think where it would lead me. I didn't think about the cost since I was only a kid back then and as most of us, we just rely on our folks to help us with our GAS. I never found it weird that I'd rush home and get my acoustic cebu guitar and strum away tryin to play a little pearl jam, stp, or smashing pumpkins. I did it cuz I loved it without thinking of anything else if it'll be worth it or not. Never gave any thought about "this will bring me fame and fortune." Thing is, we grow a little then eventually have to face the reality that when you graduate and all you play is guitar, what about your needs right? Then I guess eventually, you have to turn that passion into something you can survive with. But to most of us who work and still continue to play guitar, regardless of what we buy or how much money we may shell out cuz of GAS, we do it cuz it's our passion. I know a lot here are bedroom musicians who haven't even tasted taking the stage but they've got good gear because it's their passion.

Take for example digital photography hobbyists. Some may see it as a money making venture EVENTUALLY, but a lot of them simply take pictures because they love it. They don't think, one day I'll sell my photos for X amount.

at the end of the day, we're driven because of our passion. I usually say when we do our gigs, kahit walang tao at wala masyado pumansin but if there's one person I see who really digs what we play, then I'm happy cuz someone liked the product of that passion.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 08:11:14 AM by lovecore »

Offline Tasty

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2008, 08:06:45 AM »
onga eh. halos sinakto sa easter hehehe

anyway, passion lang talaga dude. when I started playing guitar when I was 12, I didn't think where it would lead me. I didn't think about the cost since I was only a kid back then and as most of us, we just rely on our folks to help us with our GAS. I never found it weird that I'd rush home and get my acoustic cebu guitar and strum away tryin to play a little pearl jam, stp, or smashing pumpkins. I did it cuz I loved it without thinking of anything else if it'll be worth it or not. Never gave any thought about "this will bring me fame and fortune." Thing is, we grow a little then eventually have to face the reality that when you graduate and all you play is guitar, what about your needs right? Then I guess eventually, you have to turn that passion into something you can survive with. But to most of us who work and still continue to play guitar, regardless of what we buy or how much money we may shell out cuz of GAS, we do it cuz it's our passion. I know a lot here are bedroom musicians who haven't even tasted taking the stage but they got good gear because it's their passion.

Take for example digital photography hobbyists. Some may see it as a money making venture EVENTUALLY, but a lot of them simply take pictures because they love it. They don't think, one day I'll sell my photos for X amount.

at the end of the day, we're driven because of our passion. I usually say when we do our gigs, kahit walang tao at wala masyado pumansin but if there's one person I see who really dig what we play, then I'm happy cuz someone liked the product of my passion.
+1

Yun na. :-)
Change the way you gig with innovative gear upgrades from gigkitty!

Offline rad_12

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2008, 01:56:12 PM »
sineryoso mo masyado pag-gigitara, kaya ka siguro hindi ka nag-eenjoy or frustrated ka, enjoy ka lang.  kung sa mga gas naman eh dapat alam mo na nung una pa lang na mag-gastos yan. then kung may gamit ka pagtiyagaan mo exploit mo muna yung available na gamit mo tapos ipon ka na lang. kasi kung gas ka lang ng gas naman eh tanungin mo sarili mo magagamit ko ba ito ng matagal? always use the "what if?"

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2008, 02:31:42 PM »
This thread rocks! Malapit na pala ang second year anniversary ng "Being a Guitarist" thread :lol:
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline rutsrakregey

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2008, 03:39:00 PM »
 :-D may pagka time capsule tong thread na to ah
"If you quarrel everyday, you are saying prayers to the devil I say" - Robert Nesta Marley

Langxst

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2008, 04:04:30 PM »
This thread rocks! Malapit na pala ang second year anniversary ng "Being a Guitarist" thread :lol:

wow mag 2yrs na pala tong thread na to.  :mrgreen:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »
i love investing on gear....
kahit di na kami masyado nagkaka gi ok lang.... kahit di makapag pondo ng bago... ok lang.... walang banda, ok lang... masaya ako sa pag gigitara at kahit weekends ko lang nahahawakan... ung excitement nandun compare sa araw araw tumutugtog... balance lang at contentment... wala na siguro ung contentment... gggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssss  :evil:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 10:26:03 PM by arkeetar »

Offline gitarakista27

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2008, 11:05:56 PM »
I think this has been said before.

But we play guitar because we want to. oops, di pala. BECAUSE WE LIKE TO?? ay teka eto na...

BECAUSE WE LOVE THE GUITAR.

Yes. We sometimes(OFTEN PALA) shell out thousands off pesos for gear even when out girlfriends or our wives nag us about not spending that amount of time or money for them.

bottomline: KASI GUSTO NATIN. If you think you have a problem with that, then pardon us...thats your problem not ours.

sir nicosci san mo nakuha ung quote ng thread na ito? i was still learning to play guitar when you posted this.

Offline boncram

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2008, 08:12:07 AM »
Tingin ko may mag gusto kasi tayo na gustong gusto natin kahit mahirap. Meron naman ung may mga gusto tayo kasi kayang kaya natin walang effort eka nga kaya puro enjoy at saya lng nararamdaman natin. Kumbaga ung may "natural talent" ka sa gitara.

Kay nicosci sa tingin ko nabibilang siya dun sa gusto niya ung gitara kahit mahirap. Kaya siguro naisip niya kung worth it ba yung oras na ibibigay niya sa pagppractice.

Yung ibang tao kasi na may "natural talent" sa gitara eh hindi na naiisip un kasi sisiw lang sa kanila kaya tuloy puro enjoyment lang ang nararamdaman nila. Wala silang problema about sa mga ganitong issue.

Alam ko may kokontra na wala naman sa "natural talent" yan, kailangan lang ng practice. Pero sa realidad, ung practice na sinasabi nila eh matindi. Mararamdaman mo din talaga ung frustration na kung kasama ka sana dun sa mga "natural" na.

Ang masasabi ko lang kahit san ka kabilang sa dalawa na yan eh magiging parte na ng pagkatao mo ang gitara. Kahit di ka magaling, kahit di ka pa nakakatugtog sa stage at ang dami mong gear, kahit sa tingin mo ang galing mo na pero wala ka namang banda... Parte na yan ng buhay mo. Maggigitara ka pa din at bibili ka pa din ng gear. Babalik balikan mo pa din yan kahit ihinto mo ng matagal. Parte na yan ng buhay mo. Kasama lang tlga ang frustration dyan.

Offline fsjaime

« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2008, 07:54:53 AM »
ok ka dude ah... prang nangungunsesensya k pa. muka ytang nagsisisi ka sa buhay na pinasok mo, at akla mo mdadamay mo kmi s pagsisisi mo? hndi kya convincing ung poem na gnawa mo.. haha.. bsta ang msasabi ko lng napakasarap mggitara, yan ang pnakamsrap gwin na bgay s buong mundo... hndi lng dhil kumikita ako ng mlaki s gn2ng trabaho, dhil dn i2 ang passion ko.. at i2 ang pinili ko... bahala na kng anu mangyari basta mgigitara ko hanggat buhay ako. LOL... :-D
Let's all make Music more wonderful than ever before...

Offline lovecore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #120 on: April 22, 2008, 02:40:42 AM »
Tingin ko may mag gusto kasi tayo na gustong gusto natin kahit mahirap. Meron naman ung may mga gusto tayo kasi kayang kaya natin walang effort eka nga kaya puro enjoy at saya lng nararamdaman natin. Kumbaga ung may "natural talent" ka sa gitara.

Kay nicosci sa tingin ko nabibilang siya dun sa gusto niya ung gitara kahit mahirap. Kaya siguro naisip niya kung worth it ba yung oras na ibibigay niya sa pagppractice.

Yung ibang tao kasi na may "natural talent" sa gitara eh hindi na naiisip un kasi sisiw lang sa kanila kaya tuloy puro enjoyment lang ang nararamdaman nila. Wala silang problema about sa mga ganitong issue.

Alam ko may kokontra na wala naman sa "natural talent" yan, kailangan lang ng practice. Pero sa realidad, ung practice na sinasabi nila eh matindi. Mararamdaman mo din talaga ung frustration na kung kasama ka sana dun sa mga "natural" na.

Ang masasabi ko lang kahit san ka kabilang sa dalawa na yan eh magiging parte na ng pagkatao mo ang gitara. Kahit di ka magaling, kahit di ka pa nakakatugtog sa stage at ang dami mong gear, kahit sa tingin mo ang galing mo na pero wala ka namang banda... Parte na yan ng buhay mo. Maggigitara ka pa din at bibili ka pa din ng gear. Babalik balikan mo pa din yan kahit ihinto mo ng matagal. Parte na yan ng buhay mo. Kasama lang tlga ang frustration dyan.

tama bro. BUT I think both camps feel that way at some point and not just for us who can't play so good. I know a lot of really good players who still ended up asking themselves that because playing never really led them anywhere. Much worse, is they had to stop because playing guitar wasn't able to sustain their life like a normal job would do. Nakakalungkot actually pero yun ang realidad. Some had it going for them talent wise but never really had the passion for it... i know some coz they sold their mint dd3 to me for a grand hehehe

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »

tama bro. BUT I think both camps feel that way at some point and not just for us who can't play so good. I know a lot of really good players who still ended up asking themselves that because playing never really led them anywhere. Much worse, is they had to stop because playing guitar wasn't able to sustain their life like a normal job would do. Nakakalungkot actually pero yun ang realidad. Some had it going for them talent wise but never really had the passion for it... i know some coz they sold their mint dd3 to me for a grand hehehe

DD3 for a 1k?  Now that's calling it quits.  There are some on the other side of the fence too.  Those who quit their jobs to pursue music.  Whether they're good or not, their passion made them take a bold move.  It's also sad when it doesn't work out for them.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline neiloid

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »

+1

i agree to what you've said.. ako man nabibilang sa "gusto kahit mahirap". i started to play guitar when i was 13 or 14 i guess. tagal na pla.. and come to think of it, gumaling ba tlga ako? para sa akin, hindi! 10 yrs after and i still don't know all the scales, modes, etc.. in fact it was just recently when i got myself this printout from the internet about modes, scales and pentatonics. i never really had the luxury of having an electric guitar way back in high school or college. i was busy with a lot of stuffs then and guitar playing was just a past time for me. (medyo nagsisi nga ko eh.. anyways, tapos na un.) now, i'm back to playing the guitar and i'm never gonna leave it anymore! (cguro kng mapuputol nlng mga kamay ko. haha!)
sabi ko nga sa sarili ko, i'm gonna be one of the greatest someday! (kahit sa mga mata lng ng hindi pro guitarists. lol)
i know it's never too late.. (i still practice on my acoustic and still saving up for my first electric!)
and i know all these efforts will be worth it!

as one of the legendary guitarists say..
"i'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die,
so let me live my life, the way i want to." -jimi hendrix

so let's just do what we want and make the best out of it!

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline fsjaime

« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2008, 01:02:45 PM »

damn RIGHT!!! nothing more to say... 8-)
Let's all make Music more wonderful than ever before...

Offline mikel2221

• Netizen Level
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2008, 12:44:50 AM »
basta laging natin tandaan..babalik at babalik tayo kung saan tayo nagumpisa..tama ako diba..ngayon alam na nating yung mga scale na yan,,pero sa huli basic chors din gagamitin natin..
"DON'T ACCEPT IF THE SEAL IS BROKEN"