hulika

Author Topic: Additional Threads/Boards General Suggestion Thread *merged*  (Read 155020 times)

Offline Boddhisattva

• Veteran Member
No forum for keyboardists?
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2006, 09:11:46 AM »
Might be interesting. Blues and jazz is historically intertwinied. Bluesman Delta Slim at Conspiracy even played a ragtime tune.
Give it all you\'ve got, but slowly - Chuck Mangione

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2006, 11:26:14 AM »
i agree. blues and jazz together in one forum? hehe, pero diba ang jazz ay sub section din ng blues?

i heard someone say.. jazz can be blues, but blues cant be jazz..

parang ganun?
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline rodney vidanes

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2006, 02:07:14 AM »
hi to all. maybe if you could also include jazz-fusion or avant-garde forum which we should also be aware of..

talk about forming a fusion band in the Philippines aside from the pinoy jazz groups we have at present.

ok din ang jazz-fusion...malaki din ang freedom of improvisation which is also rooted from jazz but with polyrhythm arrangements and with wide array of musical styles and sound.

masarap din pakinggan the likes of weather report, return to forever, mahavishnu orchestra, allan holdsworth and present fusion bands like tribal tech, vital tech tones, etc.
ok din concepts ng avant-garde jazz tulad ng kay ornette coleman...

i can't wait to see and check out this forum  :D
John 3:16

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
Additional Threads/Boards General Suggestion Thread *merged*
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2006, 06:37:21 PM »
Guys,
I'm thinking of killing some low-traffic forums to make way for new ones. I'm not keen on running a board with too many sections, I'd rather delete some that don't have much interest anyway. Here are the candidates for deletion, comments are welcome!

1. Fashion, Beauty, Fitness, and Health ... leftover from the first incarnation of this board, it never really caught on.

2. Food Trip Forum ... not too many foodies in this neck o' the woods, unfortunately.

3. Pinoy HipHop - again, not too much interest... seems everyone prefers rock, blues, jazz, pop - not too many Yo Yo wassup dawgs in this place...

4. Dance and Electronica - again, a real snoozer. Where did all the electronic music fans go? Not on this board apparently.

Old forums I am thinking of reviving under the "anything goes" category - since music gearheads (which form the core audience of Talk@PhilMusic) like gear and technology anyway...

- Personal Technology (gadgets)
- PC Tech (hardware, laptops, mods, etc)

Your comments and suggestions are welcome    =D>

Offline 3650guy

• Forum Fanatic
Suggestions: New Forums, Old Forums
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2006, 07:05:31 PM »
....thanks for a great forum... looks like a great future ahead..

ok on the PC tech stuff, and consumer gadgets stuff too...

what gets me is that when someone posts foreigners on the Pinoy Pop and
Pinoy Rock forums....
"And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun" DSOTM

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 09:01:16 AM »
what do you think about putting up a different forum for guitar gears? almost evryone talks about gears in guitar central, then may nakahalong album appreciations, artist appreciation, then theory..

wala lang..

parang ok kaya kung kung may gear forum, music theory forum then may artists appreciation forums? hehe

suggestion lang naman.. :lol:

JEM hole

Re: Suggestions: New Forums, Old Forums
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2006, 02:32:59 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
Guys,
I'm thinking of killing some low-traffic forums to make way for new ones. I'm not keen on running a board with too many sections, I'd rather delete some that don't have much interest anyway. Here are the candidates for deletion, comments are welcome!

1. Fashion, Beauty, Fitness, and Health ... leftover from the first incarnation of this board, it never really caught on.

2. Food Trip Forum ... not too many foodies in this neck o' the woods, unfortunately.

3. Pinoy HipHop - again, not too much interest... seems everyone prefers rock, blues, jazz, pop - not too many Yo Yo wassup dawgs in this place...

4. Dance and Electronica - again, a real snoozer. Where did all the electronic music fans go? Not on this board apparently.

Old forums I am thinking of reviving under the "anything goes" category - since music gearheads (which form the core audience of Talk@PhilMusic) like gear and technology anyway...

- Personal Technology (gadgets)
- PC Tech (hardware, laptops, mods, etc)

Your comments and suggestions are welcome    =D>

Sir I think it's best that it's there... atleast there's an alternative choice of topics... Wide range of topics means a wide range of target markets... or forumers shall I say...

Just an opinion.

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2006, 02:56:50 PM »
Music related naman po lahat eh............. I guess you can't go on typing and thinking for a word or idea to post with empty stomach................ And Fashion, Beauty, Fitness, and Health are topics that are always there.....

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 06:27:53 PM »
hi jem...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2006, 01:42:44 AM »
pinoymusika, i think adding a PC/Electronic Gadget forum is a very good idea. i'm pretty sure that there are a lot of gadget freaks like me who would like to discuss different techie-related topics without being reminded that we're going off-topic.. :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2006, 06:21:53 AM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas
what do you think about putting up a different forum for guitar gears? almost evryone talks about gears in guitar central, then may nakahalong album appreciations, artist appreciation, then theory..

wala lang..

parang ok kaya kung kung may gear forum, music theory forum then may artists appreciation forums? hehe

suggestion lang naman.. :lol:

good idea..but this will be a new forum in itself. and since this forum is being run using php, me limit ata putting sub forums ...

additional suggestion for improvement:
1) limit on the size of avatars, nakakairita yung me mga sobrang laking avatars
2) one whole thread catering to member introductions
3) finally a rules and regulations sticky and enforcement of these rules
4) how bout a gaming thread? PS2/XBox/PC game reviews

isip pa ko iba..not sure too kung feasible yung mga suggestions above.

More power to you and Salamat ng marami for this forum...it helps me to be in touch with other pinoys around the world.

Offline thortured

• Veteran Member
agree
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2006, 11:07:49 AM »
mr administrator....

i AGREE!!!

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2006, 11:58:22 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn

More power to you and Salamat ng marami for this forum...it helps me to be in touch with other pinoys around the world.

SRV - i think by threads you mean forums? Anyone can create a thread... actually that "newbie introduction thread" can be started here in Anything goes, and is a pretty good idea. (a Newbie status is anyone with less than 10 posts).

It's actually possible to create sub-forums... I just haven't found any reason to... yet.

As for Avatar sizes - I usually assume most people have common sense to keep their avatars small and not too much of a resource hog... well I guess a few guys lack common sense, hehehe --- very broad hints there! :) :) That animated Jessica Alba avatar takes forever to load on a dialup connection, have pity po on those poor prepaid card users...

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2006, 09:25:12 PM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn

SRV - i think by threads you mean forums? Anyone can create a thread... actually that "newbie introduction thread" can be started here in Anything goes, and is a pretty good idea. (a Newbie status is anyone with less than 10 posts).

It's actually possible to create sub-forums... I just haven't found any reason to... yet.

As for Avatar sizes - I usually assume most people have common sense to keep their avatars small and not too much of a resource hog... well I guess a few guys lack common sense, hehehe --- very broad hints there! :) :) That animated Jessica Alba avatar takes forever to load on a dialup connection, have pity po on those poor prepaid card users...

oops sensya na lagi ko interchange and Forum Topic to a Thread, but you know what i mean ...

about common sense... hehe this is relative... one person's common sense is not the same as another person's common sense so maganda pa rin yung me konting ground rules just in case di nila makuha yung mga hints mo, no matter how broad they are. although i love the "walking bare butt" avatar(limot ko na kung kanino) and panterica's avatar.

good luck tol! and more power to you and Philmusic.

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2006, 04:03:42 PM »
I agree, dapat delete na yung mga low-traffic forums, para mabawasan din space sa server at database. Suggestion ko, magkaron ng separate forums ang buy and sell, music marketplace at non music related stuff.

+1 ako sa idea about putting up a Personal Technology and PC Tech forum.

About avatars, sana common sense na lang ng member na wag gawing poster size ang avatar hehehe, masyadong malaking bandwidth ang kinakain sa avatar pa lang. kawawa naman ang dialup users.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
I can't take it anymore, the Fashion area generates too much spam. Must be the topic. If there are no objections, I'll be deleting that area in 24 hours. Any further Fashionista topics, just discuss in 'Anything Goes Talaga' ....

... and a new forum will rise from the ashes....

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 12:29:15 PM »
i agree with removing all of those 4. and also agrees that segregate the guitar GEARS from the guitar central. and mas ok din kung may brand sub-categories (ex. boss, ibanez, dod etc.)
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2006, 11:47:57 PM »
Quote from: sushiboy
i agree with removing all of those 4. and also agrees that segregate the guitar GEARS from the guitar central. and mas ok din kung may brand sub-categories (ex. boss, ibanez, dod etc.)

your better off with guitar central as it is for now...still low in traffic 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 06:34:30 AM »
Quote from: sushiboy

nah..thats too much to ask.

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2006, 07:42:46 AM »
Hmmm for Guitar Central suggestions, best to pass them through Mark "Pulis Patola" Flo....

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2006, 05:49:03 AM »
Suggestion about some new topic in Musician Forums:

In musician forum, we have sub-topics for stringed-instrument & percussion like:[list=1]
  • Guitar Central.
  • Bass Place
  • Pinoydrums.
  • The Music School.[/list:o]
    But we are still missing some sub-topics like:[list=1]
  • For Vocalist - any title best fitted.
  • For Wind Instrument - such as flute, sax, trombone & trumphet best suited for reggae or ska type of music.
  • For Keys - keyboards, piano.[/list:o]
    Or we can make a single sub-topic for all these just for a test-market.  Then later on we can divide it into a single sub-topics if then be successful.

We can't deny that those 3 are still part of music.  I remember someone's from musician's wanted made a new topic asking if vocalist are considered a musician.  Well indeed a vocalist is still a musician and needs to have it's own place.  And the other two of course.   :idea:

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2006, 03:10:08 AM »
Quote from: emil_murillo

We can't deny that those 3 are still part of music.  I remember someone's from musician's wanted made a new topic asking if vocalist are considered a musician.  Well indeed a vocalist is still a musician and needs to have it's own place.  And the other two of course.   :idea:

Good ideas Emil! That vocalists forum never occurred to me. Maybe we can attract a whole new (and good looking hehe) audience there...

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2006, 08:23:53 AM »
Quote from: emil_murillo

Good ideas Emil! That vocalists forum never occurred to me. Maybe we can attract a whole new (and good looking hehe) audience there...

Hehehe!!!.............. The last one works with me sir......

Ok seriously.............It's kinda delayed reaction on my part actually because the guy i saw posting that thing happened a long time ago....... It just happened that i accidentally bumped into this post again and begun thinking seriously................ And oh sir...... maybe the Wind Instrument Forum can also be a good idea......... For those Reggae, Ska, Drummer Bugle, Jazzy maniac-guys..... :idea:

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 07:33:19 AM »
how bout the forum about writing that perfect song, discussions about their originals and their styles on writing music and the nature of the business (the music industry) they want to be in.
How to get your band signed or how to do it all by yourself. Promoting your band and all that stuff :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Kulas

• Board Moderator
How About A Moderator Action Thread?
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2006, 06:53:46 AM »
hi guys! i have a suggestion, i've been an active member of philmusic and philmug.ph (mac users forum). imo, philmug.ph is one tightly moderated forum, medyo martial law dun, pero because of that, all's well. no hassling, no spamming, etc. credit to the mods there.

it's good to see that philmusic is finally getting "moderated" hehe. however, like in philmug.ph, i'd like to suggest that we have a "moderator action" thread here wherein mods post their "moderator related" activities. like what topics have been deleted, users that have been banned (and the reason behind them), posts that have been moved, etc. para lang informed ang mga tao, thus avoiding mga lost post count threads and the like.

so what do you guys think? mods?