hulika

Author Topic: Church drummers thread  (Read 158346 times)

Offline nashbass

• Veteran Member
Re: any C H R I S T I A N drummers out there?? just asking
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2007, 05:21:33 PM »
yoyoyo!!! kapatid! im nathan... christian drummer. but im not a member of a worship team. im attending at Word of Hope Novaliches... regarding your question bout having eternal life... uv accepted Christ.. ayt? then that's it! that's the only requirement for us to have eternal life..

happy drumming! :mrgreen:
We all ROCK, BUT GOD RULES!!!

Offline khris_drummer

• Netizen Level
Re: any C H R I S T I A N drummers out there?? just asking
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2007, 05:31:56 PM »
yoyoyo!!! kapatid! im nathan... christian drummer. but im not a member of a worship team. im attending at Word of Hope Novaliches... regarding your question bout having eternal life... uv accepted Christ.. ayt? then that's it! that's the only requirement for us to have eternal life..

happy drumming! :mrgreen:

thats nice to hear bro!!!! well as for me im a mamber of the worship team ( in youth) well all i can say sir is stand up for Christ nice meeting you sir add me at friendster at khris_drummer@yahoo.com
simple lang mga chongs.... pero RRAACKKKK!!!!!!

Offline khris_drummer

• Netizen Level
Re: Church drummers thread
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2007, 05:28:25 PM »
uhm...

ako naman...

Im, Joseph Padiernos, from True vine and his branches Church... dito yun sa tondo... di sya ganun kalakihan pero we are about 300 members.. hehe...

kaya ayun..

my Top 5 favorite songs:

Praise:
1. Free
2. Now that you're near
3. I believe
4. Salvation is Here
5. Tell the World

Worship
1. Here I am to worship (pramis everytime na tinutugtog namin toh naiiyak ako)
2. All for love(pati to talgang naiiyak ako)
3. From the inside out (pati din to)
4. How great is our God
5. To the ends of the earth

bale 2 years na akong nagpeplay sa church.. straight po yun... every sunday.. 2 times.. tpos pati sa youth ako din..

hehe konti lang kasi kami e.. kaya ayun.. hehehe pero ayos naman ang tugtugan.. saka yun medyo nagpupundar talaga kami sa sound system.. naiinggit nga ako sa malalaking church e.. hehe

chow...

_____________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________

just a little  sermon...

when we play for God, we shouldnt be pleasers of men, but we are pleasers of God...
when we play, lets put it all out just for God...
dont become a show band... for example, doing so many fills that is not meant  for the songs may disturbed the flow of spirit in the congregation...
after the praise and worship, dont go out of the church, sit down in front and listen to the word of God
bring your bible, pray first before playing.
we are front liners of christ, we should be the first one who would be seen that we are worshipping God...
dont be shy to raise your arms to God. eventhough your playing, let God move to your body...

sorry,  im just sharing what our pastor and leader in our music ministry keeps on telling us..

God bless.. happy drumming for God

_____________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________

wow! thats great man!!!!! im khris by the way :from ccf Christ commission felowship well about what you said it is very true in all times we must focus on God and depend on him during our praise to him for sometimes we depend on opur selves, then we are playing for a aduience of ONE!!! that is JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD!!!!! we are not playing for our selves hehehe that iss my past life in me i was playing for my self..... and for certain "GIRLS"  but that is my past life... God mold me to his likeness he shaped my heart to go after his own heart yes it was painfull on how He did it ex. lipad sticks,mistakes on playing live,and many more but if you ask me "is it worth it?" i would say  yes!!!!!!!! no more to life that depends on myself and no more on life playing for others and now he is still faithfull & loving dispite all the wrong things i have done.. tnx for all the things that our God has did to me thats great bro!!! stand up for Christ!!!! last words prov 3:23 guard your heart for it affect everything that you do (guard it away from pride and sin) and add me at friendster at khris_drummer@yahoo.com i would like to meet you sir! my number 09177506204

nO RLY

« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »
what i like about joining the youth ministry and the P and W band is that i gain a lot more friends and other talented musicians from church. and our church (Word Community Church in Pasig) opens a lot of oppurtunities for me, as well as the band. we're gonna play on the 21st and on the 27th. like on the 27th... we'll play near the payatas area to simply share God's blessing to us. ang maganda dun is we can tell the world that Jesus is our King. sabi nga sa kanta, "Tell the world that Jesus lives. tell the world that He lives again!" :-D :lol:

Offline waybine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2007, 04:07:31 PM »
Hi Khris! I'm Wayne from Cruzada Church of Christ, Manila. I've been a part of the Worship Team for over 10 years now. No regrets at all in playing Drums for the Master, the best gig in the world ika nga ni PMACK. Eternal life is a gift from God to those who are faithful and true until the day of His coming. Anyone who repents and accepts Christ as Saviour is entitled to an eternal life, and that includes you.  :wink:  So let's remain focused, and always fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith! 
WayneQB
deadly in black

nO RLY

« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2007, 08:49:13 PM »
Hey Khris.. umm. I'm Keatan and i'm also the drummer for our youth group in Word Community Church in Pasig City. to achieve eternal life, sa tingin ko you should always seek help from God, because without His prescence in you, malamang mahihirapan tayo. we should also continue what we do, and that's praising our Lord using the talents he has given us..:-D we shouldn't be ashamed of Him. at tsaka sa paniniwala ko, kung tumutugtog tayo tuwing praise and worship services, we sort of influence the other people to worship Him as well. so yun yung view ko dun. :-D kilala mo si Josh Padolina? kaibigan ata siya ng cousin mo. nag.jamming daw kayo nung thursday. nag.babass siya. haha

Offline khris_drummer

• Netizen Level
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2007, 09:35:54 AM »
Hey Khris.. umm. I'm Keatan and i'm also the drummer for our youth group in Word Community Church in Pasig City. to achieve eternal life, sa tingin ko you should always seek help from God, because without His prescence in you, malamang mahihirapan tayo. we should also continue what we do, and that's praising our Lord using the talents he has given us..:-D we shouldn't be ashamed of Him. at tsaka sa paniniwala ko, kung tumutugtog tayo tuwing praise and worship services, we sort of influence the other people to worship Him as well. so yun yung view ko dun. :-D kilala mo si Josh Padolina? kaibigan ata siya ng cousin mo. nag.jamming daw kayo nung thursday. nag.babass siya. haha

yup!!! hahaha kulit nun!!! i would like to neet you sir!!! add me at friendster at ym at khris_drummer@yahoo.com

Offline xalanx

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2007, 11:13:27 PM »
mga sir!!... sa tingin ko much better. if we Drummers for christ has eb too. pwedeng sa church, sa studio or saan man!!...what do you think?....and to help na rin to those people who are new including ms. cookai na maishare naman ng mga old church drummers ang knowledge about platying Gospel music.... :-D....suggestion lang po!!.... :-D
Music is not what I do, It's who I am

Offline cookai

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2007, 12:56:00 AM »
mga sir!!... sa tingin ko much better. if we Drummers for christ has eb too. pwedeng sa church, sa studio or saan man!!...what do you think?....and to help na rin to those people who are new including ms. cookai na maishare naman ng mga old church drummers ang knowledge about platying Gospel music.... :-D....suggestion lang po!!.... :-D

wow.. oo nga.. pwd din.. thanks po ah... :-D

Jesus, the reason why we play music...

Offline percaholic86

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2007, 11:08:50 AM »
  ei guyzz!!... percaholic here all the way from the south... mindanao to be exact... i'm staying here in iligan city, but i really live in davao city. i used to be one of the drummers in VCF Davao, and i sometimes play percussion when i'm not on a kit.. now i'm one of the drummers in New Life Christian Center here in Iligan...
I've been playing for like 2-3 years now.. ANd it's been one cool and really life changing journey having the Lord in my life... He kinda used my desire to play the drums to bring alot of changes in me.. but anyway,

some of the drummers i look up to in P&W:
1. Rolf Wam Fjell(Hillsong - clinic sa drums everytime tumutugtog)
2. Chris Coleman(former - Israel and New Breed)
3. "Big" Mike Clemmons(present Israel and New Breed)
4. Drummers ng PlanetShakers(di ko pa alam ang names research ko lng)

Some songs I like to play:
1.You Are Good(New Breed)
2.Rejoice(Again I Say) -(New Breed ulit)
3.Freedom We Know(Hillsong)
4.Take It All(Hillsong)
5. There Is Nothing Like(Hillsong)
6.Glorify Your Name(Champions For Christ)
7.I Lift Up My Hands(New Breed)
8.Here I Am to Worship(New Breed Version)
9.Heart Of Worship(Matt Redman)

... hope to hear from the you guys here.. it's nice to know that there's alot of drummers out there that are really rockin and playing for Jesus.. C'mon!!!! :mrgreen: :-D

Offline slinky_bass

« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2007, 03:59:44 PM »

yup!!! hahaha kulit nun!!! i would like to neet you sir!!! add me at friendster at ym at khris_drummer@yahoo.com

sino makulit??? ako ba yun???  :-D :-D :-D jst kidding, one day we'll do dream theater songs, ryt now... we hav to practice pa  :-D
Need Financial Planning? (or) looking for a new career?

PM me here or @ http://joshuajohn.multiply.com

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »
Guys just curious..who are regular church drummers here and from what church? :-D

More power to the drummers for Christ!!! :lol:

Pareng Joseph!

It's me Warner...I'm about to have my E.G.R.(Encounter God Retreat) this Feb. 9-11. Pagtapos nun pwede na ko magjoin sa Music Minisitry ng church namen, People of Grace. Excited na talaga ako....

God Bless!!!
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

nO RLY

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2007, 02:44:18 PM »
Guys just curious..who are regular church drummers here and from what church? :-D

Pareng Joseph!

It's me Warner...I'm about to have my E.G.R.(Encounter God Retreat) this Feb. 9-11. Pagtapos nun pwede na ko magjoin sa Music Minisitry ng church namen, People of Grace. Excited na talaga ako....

God Bless!!!
really? haha, that's nice.. ano naman siya? parang Encounterfest ng Hillsong Church? parang ang ganda nun ah.. :-D what songs will you be playing? cause we just had some sort of a show last saturday. medyo naging wild nga yung mga tao eh! but i think kahit magulo sila, they somewhat felt God moving in that place. so yun lang siguro focus ng every Christian band. dapat ma.spread nila yung word na Jesus is alive in us. haha :-D APIR!!!

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2007, 11:04:13 AM »

really? haha, that's nice.. ano naman siya? parang Encounterfest ng Hillsong Church? parang ang ganda nun ah.. :-D what songs will you be playing? cause we just had some sort of a show last saturday. medyo naging wild nga yung mga tao eh! but i think kahit magulo sila, they somewhat felt God moving in that place. so yun lang siguro focus ng every Christian band. dapat ma.spread nila yung word na Jesus is alive in us. haha :-D APIR!!!

Actually, it's a retreat. You'll be staying inside the church for 3 days and no cellphone, tv, radio. Magri-reflect kayo about Christianity. Pag-aaralan nyo lahat about being a good Christian. Required sya before you enter the Music Ministry.
"Praise Him with drums and dancing...Praise Him with cymbals. Praise Him with loud cymbals."- Psalms 150:4-5

Offline khris_drummer

• Netizen Level
« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2007, 05:54:12 PM »

Pareng Joseph!

hello sir warner haha buhay pa ba nung sticks na binenta ko? haha thats good that you about to play in your church just be sensitive on what good wants you to do ok thats all sir good bless!!!!!
God Bless!!!

Offline zound_tech

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
yup,
ganun nga egr,
its far from doing concerts,
puro iyak yun,
pagktapos mo nun maga na mata mo,
hahaha,
nakapag egr ako last year,
and definitely want to have anither this year,

ayos yun,
grabe astig,

:mrgreen:

Offline zound_tech

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2007, 10:48:35 PM »
ei guys,
check this out,

http://learngospelmusic.com/urbanworship/Extreme.html

explore nyo yung site,
tapos pakinggan nyo music nila,
galeng,
 :-D
share ko lng

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #67 on: February 03, 2007, 10:50:14 AM »
Joseph, alam mo...maganda yung signature mo na Drummer for Christ....

Ano kaya kung gawin nating formal group sya to encourage non-Christian drummers yet  to be Christians and to use their talents to serve the Lord....

What to you think?

Online Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2007, 09:16:27 PM »
Joseph, alam mo...maganda yung signature mo na Drummer for Christ....

Ano kaya kung gawin nating formal group sya to encourage non-Christian drummers yet  to be Christians and to use their talents to serve the Lord....

What to you think?

Brother Warner!

Sorry for the oh so late reply..Was disconnected from civilization recently..

Thanks for the positive comment bro!  :-D greatly appreciate it!

That's a great idea bro! I would be more than willing to support that! Lets plan about it.. :lol:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

nO RLY

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2007, 12:55:04 AM »
yup,
ganun nga egr,
its far from doing concerts,
puro iyak yun,
pagktapos mo nun maga na mata mo,
hahaha,
nakapag egr ako last year,
and definitely want to have anither this year,

ayos yun,
grabe astig,

:mrgreen:
ows? wow. ang emotional nun. gusto ko ng ganun. haha

Offline otep

• Veteran Member
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »
uhm...

ako naman...

Im, Joseph Padiernos, from True vine and his branches Church... dito yun sa tondo... di sya ganun kalakihan pero we are about 300 members.. hehe...

kaya ayun..

my Top 5 favorite songs:

Praise:
1. Free
2. Now that you're near
3. I believe
4. Salvation is Here
5. Tell the World

Worship
1. Here I am to worship (pramis everytime na tinutugtog namin toh naiiyak ako)
2. All for love(pati to talgang naiiyak ako)
3. From the inside out (pati din to)
4. How great is our God
5. To the ends of the earth

bale 2 years na akong nagpeplay sa church.. straight po yun... every sunday.. 2 times.. tpos pati sa youth ako din..

hehe konti lang kasi kami e.. kaya ayun.. hehehe pero ayos naman ang tugtugan.. saka yun medyo nagpupundar talaga kami sa sound system.. naiinggit nga ako sa malalaking church e.. hehe

chow...

just a little  sermon...

when we play for God, we shouldnt be pleasers of men, but we are pleasers of God...
when we play, lets put it all out just for God...
dont become a show band... for example, doing so many fills that is not meant  for the songs may disturbed the flow of spirit in the congregation...
after the praise and worship, dont go out of the church, sit down in front and listen to the word of God
bring your bible, pray first before playing.
we are front liners of christ, we should be the first one who would be seen that we are worshipping God...
dont be shy to raise your arms to God. eventhough your playing, let God move to your body...

sorry,  im just sharing what our pastor and leader in our music ministry keeps on telling us..

God bless.. happy drumming for God

wow! thats great man!!!!! im khris by the way :from ccf Christ commission felowship well about what you said it is very true in all times we must focus on God and depend on him during our praise to him for sometimes we depend on opur selves, then we are playing for a aduience of ONE!!! that is JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD!!!!! we are not playing for our selves hehehe that iss my past life in me i was playing for my self..... and for certain "GIRLS"  but that is my past life... God mold me to his likeness he shaped my heart to go after his own heart yes it was painfull on how He did it ex. lipad sticks,mistakes on playing live,and many more but if you ask me "is it worth it?" i would say  yes!!!!!!!! no more to life that depends on myself and no more on life playing for others and now he is still faithfull & loving dispite all the wrong things i have done.. tnx for all the things that our God has did to me thats great bro!!! stand up for Christ!!!! last words prov 3:23 guard your heart for it affect everything that you do (guard it away from pride and sin) and add me at friendster at khris_drummer@yahoo.com i would like to meet you sir! my number 09177506204

hey khris, sorry for the late reply... sure we can meet. pero dont expect me to be that good, noob lang ako noh.. hehe
just text me 09157866270

Offline waybine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 12:50:18 AM »
Church DRUMMER's Group sa Friendster
http://www.friendster.com/group/tabmain.php?statpos=gdis&fid=225002

Join na .... thanks and GOD bless!  :-D
WayneQB
deadly in black

Offline vdonati_fan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2007, 02:40:36 PM »
Wow! Madami pala tayo dito... umaatend ba kayo ng mini-EB...sana magkita-kita tayo dun....

nO RLY

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2007, 07:52:04 PM »

i like this group. ang ganda talaga ng thread na to. :lol: join rin ako sa church drummer's group sa friendster!

Offline waybine

• Veteran Member
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2007, 09:56:46 PM »
Uy thanks NO RLY! Join na yung iba! Thanks!  :-D

i like this group. ang ganda talaga ng thread na to. :lol: join rin ako sa church drummer's group sa friendster!
WayneQB
deadly in black