hulika

Author Topic: anything about the Beatles ...  (Read 360319 times)

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
Re: anything about the Beatles ...
« Reply #2025 on: November 30, 2015, 07:31:46 AM »

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2026 on: December 01, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »
kung totoong pinatayan kawawa nga, pero baka low batt lang din ang mic. :wink:

actually may napanood ako last week kinanta ni lennon yung Hound Dog,

parang tunog screeching door hinge entong si yoko, sobrang importante lang siguro netong si yoko kay john to allow her do that on stage.

Loose jam- abbey road's last 3 songs

https://www.facebook.com/lararo.santaana/videos/546697848819985/?pnref=story

check ko to mamaya hehe wala pa FB sa office, or baka sa mobile phone nalang hehe

kayo ba yan sir?
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline dariusbabylon

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2027 on: December 01, 2015, 10:36:24 PM »

kayo ba yan sir?
Yup, with the senior members of Philmusic, in a very nice art gallery

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2028 on: December 21, 2015, 11:33:17 AM »
andy white died just recently (5th beatle member) november 9, 2015

he laid the drums to few but popular songs of The Beatles like
Andy White was never a member of the Beatles. He only played on the Love Me Do/PS I Love You single.
He was a regular session drummer to many recordings for EMI records.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2029 on: December 21, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »
Andy White was George Martin's choice to replace Pete Best. He played for hours when Love Me Do was recorded..  Ringo on Tambourine.

If we were to look at the recording logs at EMI, it appears that George Martin actually wants to replace Ringo. The Beatles already recorded an earlier version of Love Me Do which is now heard on the Past Masters compilation. George Martin at the time was not satisfied with Ringo's drumming so he contacted Andy White. This will be the only time White was ever involved with the Beatles. In fact Jimmie Nicol played longer for the Beatles.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2030 on: December 22, 2015, 09:28:09 AM »
Andy White was never a member of the Beatles. He only played on the Love Me Do/PS I Love You single.
He was a regular session drummer to many recordings for EMI records.

yep of course, its just like the saying  "brother form another mother" , never really a blood brother right?

the time i saw the news on BBC about "HIS DEATH", the nickname really didn't give a kick, what gave me the chill was the affection the beatlemaniacs gave him to honor him for his contributions.

hence the name "the 5th Beatle" from the regulars

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2031 on: December 22, 2015, 09:45:31 AM »
yep of course, its just like the saying  "brother form another mother" , never really a blood brother right?

the time i saw the news on BBC about "HIS DEATH", the nickname really didn't give a kick, what gave me the chill was the affection the beatlemaniacs gave him to honor him for his contributions.

hence the name "the 5th Beatle" from the regulars
There were many people given that title fifth beatle, George Martin, Stu Sutcliffe, even Billy Preaton who was given an official billing on a Beatles recording. To me the real fifth Beatle is George Martin. Funny all these years Andy White was never gjven that distinction.  Even Ringo has disdain for being replaced on that Love Me Do session. He never quite forgave George Martin about it.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2032 on: December 22, 2015, 10:35:17 AM »
To me the real fifth Beatle is George Martin.

you nailed it! and i respect you for that!

There were many people given that title fifth beatle, George Martin, Stu Sutcliffe, even Billy Preaton who was given an official billing on a Beatles recording. To me the real fifth Beatle is George Martin. Funny all these years Andy White was never gjven that distinction.  Even Ringo has disdain for being replaced on that Love Me Do session. He never quite forgave George Martin about it.

who wouldn't know that, right?

oh well, i dont know what are you trying to drive at, but if it'll give you peace of mind, ill give the space for you to nominate your 5th beatle member, i believe you are the EXPERT here.

my post was about the death of andy white.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny all these years Andy White was never gjven that distinction. 

well not much of an information but i found this on wiki (well wikipedia is just a wiki compared to experts)

maybe not enough distinctions.

Andrew "Andy" White (27 July 1930 – 9 November 2015) was a Scottish drummer, primarily as a session musician.
 He was affectionately christened "the fifth Beatle" as he is best known for replacing Ringo Starr on drums on the Beatles' first single, "Love Me Do".
[1] White was featured on the American 7" single release of the song, which also appeared on the band's debut British album, Please Please Me. He also played on "P.S. I Love You", which was the B-side of "Love Me Do".[2][3]

White played with other prominent musicians and groups both in the United Kingdom and the United States, including Chuck Berry, Billy Fury, Herman's Hermits and Tom Jones.
 AllMusic called White "one of the busier drummers in England from the late '50s through the mid-'70s".[1]

was trying to look for the BBC news that i saw, but couldn't find it.

i dont confuse myself with my google search with your actual expertise.
i just know enough, not much though.

Offline Ben Tsing Co

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2033 on: December 22, 2015, 12:54:26 PM »
To me the real fifth Beatle is George Martin.

Absolute TRUTH  :mrgreen:
“The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2034 on: December 22, 2015, 10:27:13 PM »
 Nothing to drive against anyone fretboard. I was simply surprised Andy White was given that distinction wherein it was never bestowed on him when he was still alive. Probably BBC is giving some sort of consolation to Mr. White who is undoubtedly a great drummer. With credenals to so many EMI artists from The Beatles to Matt Monro, who am I to argue?

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2035 on: December 23, 2015, 07:41:51 AM »

Hindi ba si Stu ang fifth Beatle? sya kasi talaga naging member ng banda di ba
Kahit na nasasaktan, Hindi pa rin mahindian

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2036 on: December 24, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2037 on: December 24, 2015, 01:31:43 PM »

@ the present topic, Pete Best was also called the Fifth Beatle in one of the TV Shows I watched before.

Jimmy Nichols replaced Ringo who got his tonsils operated on the Australian tour.

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2038 on: December 25, 2015, 05:56:04 PM »
happy Christmas everyone!

war is over! -john lennon

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2039 on: February 07, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:15:52 PM by slowhandpal »

Offline the_godfather

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2040 on: February 10, 2016, 09:34:18 AM »
If we were to look at the recording logs at EMI, it appears that George Martin actually wants to replace Ringo. The Beatles already recorded an earlier version of Love Me Do which is now heard on the Past Masters compilation. George Martin at the time was not satisfied with Ringo's drumming so he contacted Andy White. This will be the only time White was ever involved with the Beatles. In fact Jimmie Nicol played longer for the Beatles.

Sa pagkaka-alala ko sa Beatles Anthology Documentary. Ang kwento nila, hindi nagustuhan ni George Martin yung palo ni Pete Best nung nagrecord sya ng drums for Love Me Do. Tapos, nagkaron ng agreement between john, paul, george and brian epstein to bring "the best drummer in liverpool" which is Ringo. So si ringo, pumunta ng studio, ready to record, pero di sya pina-upo ni George Martin sa drum kit para magrecord. Sabi ni George Martin, i've been stinged once, i'm not gonna be stinged again kaya si andy white (the professional drummer)ang nagrecord. Eh kaso, wala din daw magandang ginagawa si Any White sa song kaya tinry si Ringo and the rest is history. eto lang yung pagkaka-alala ko base dun sa beatles anthology docu na napanood ko.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:36:19 AM by the_godfather »
You...Soft and Lonely, You...Lost and Lonely, You...Just Like Heaven

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2042 on: February 18, 2016, 02:42:12 PM »

mga bastos! mga walang alam!

http://www.rappler.com/entertainment/news/122871-tyga-explains-paul-mccartney-turned-away-grammy-party

hahaha nakita ko yan sa isang music forum

dang! boy! how stupid could you get?

pero in reality, yung generation ngayon di na kilala ang mga legends ng 60s 70s 80s even 90s

mga oldtimer nabastusan, pero yung mga kabataan they dont mind as long na kilala nila nasa entablado.

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2043 on: February 18, 2016, 02:44:39 PM »
^ oo nga, yung generation ngayon not into old scene hahaha. si Dong Abay nga at Yano hindi na kilala eh. ginaya ni Sam Concepion sa Your Face Sounds Familiar si Dong, nagreact mga fans nung Sam, sino daw yung ginaya nya :lol:  :lol:

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2044 on: February 18, 2016, 02:59:21 PM »
sa bilis ng technology ngayon, mabilis ang pag sikat at pagkalaos

easily accessible ang mga online music channels

unlike before sa FM?AM radio ka lang maririnig pag nag submit ng LP/record/cassette ang Label mo

privileged syempre pag mayaman ang Label mo, kasi mabilis kumalat ang mga records sa mga radio station at naka boost na ang Pagsikat.

kaya nakamarka ng decades ang pangalan mo dahil sa ganung system

pero ngayon, hehe wala nako kilalang new artists dahil ang nasa youtube page ko e puro mga metal nung 70s 80s 90s Y2ks

which is kabaliktaran ng mga kabataan ngayon, na ang hinahanap e yung Sexy/Hot/young/fresh/single na singers or groups  :lol:

oops wala po ako jinu judge  :-D

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #2045 on: February 19, 2016, 02:28:25 PM »
mas kilala ng mga kabataan yung songs, pero yung muka hindi.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2046 on: February 23, 2016, 09:16:23 PM »
Pansin ko lang, ang Beatles ang isa sa pioneer ng punk rock . Yung sa Intro vocals at riff ng Helter Skelter at doon sa dulo ng Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey.

:idea:

Offline red lights

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2047 on: February 24, 2016, 08:35:32 AM »

^ eh sir, san mo macacategorize yung riff ng i feel fine, that feedback and intro?

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2048 on: February 24, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »
^ Oo, isa din yang I feel fine. I remember reading John boasting that it's the first time that someone's done it. Though it's by an accident when he tried to lean his guitar on his amp instead of using the stand.

OT: Glen Matlock the first bass player from the Sex Pistols got sacked because for being too fond of The Beatles.  :mrgreen:

Happy birthday pala kay George Harrison.

What are your favorite Harrison moments during the Beatles and post Beatles era?

During the Beatles era: I dug the love you to sitar and the growling guitar. It's in this period that George really embraced indian music. Of course, while my guitar gently weeps is one of my all time favorite and i love Clapton's playing. And who can deny his gems on the Abbey road? Something is one of the most beautiful songs written according to Frank Sinatra, and I can't argue with him. Here comes the sun brings a smile on my face, always lighting up me day.

During the solo years: I love the all things must pass album especially My sweet lord, Wah wah, What is life and awaiting on you all.

:)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:47:49 PM by gnarly »

Offline gnarly

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2049 on: February 27, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »

Very lovely take on George's classic  :cute: