hulika

Author Topic: Joe Satriani: Surfing With The Alien  (Read 2845 times)

Offline Super BisDak

• Philmusicus Addictus
Joe Satriani: Surfing With The Alien
« on: January 26, 2005, 12:52:49 PM »

Released: 1987
Genre: Rock
Styles: Instrumental Rock, Hard Rock, Fusion, Guitar Virtuoso
Number Of Tracks: 10

The sound of this album is phenomenal. Joe uses so many styles of music in this album metal "Crushing Day", blues "Satch Boogie", and even egyptian "Lords Of Karma." Joe is one of the best guitarists out there. You never realize how complex and intricate it really is until you actually know what he's doing. For example, the track "Midnight" only about a minute and a half but he 2-hand taps all over the fret board through the entire thing.

This album is awesome it makes my hair stand on end. Joe is insane with his clever use of the whammy bar and random pinch harmonics throughout the whole album. There's really no certain style that describes this album entirely. The best songs on here are the first nine, I get a little bored with the last one "Echo". If you haven't heard of Joe Satriani then go out and buy this album NOW!!! If I lost this I would buy it again and probably a few more Satriani CDs.

Rating: 5/5

Shred music rocks :-({|=
dealt: faceless,fraudulentzodiac,verve,egbdf,Saturn/Return,bdc3,dk_ouano,gemboy,studiowan,Slingky,PLESIM,asti21,sidlead66,CIERRAE,ungas123,lippy,cocojam,jolam1431,putchazta_46,dannygatton,lynshumalmsteen,GslashG,atomo,uchihadarwin,mzik_man,Diamond_Don&etc

Offline thortured

• Veteran Member
joe fan
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 11:29:21 PM »
i totally agree with your write up. its true that this guitar phenom is a great guitar player and is one of the best in the world. cmm'n lets hear the rifts. :D

Offline jay dayrit

• Netizen Level
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 01:53:23 PM »
Yeah I Like Joe Satriani. Thats he's a great guitar player.
pucha natatae ko!

Offline humbucker7th

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 12:51:49 AM »
humbucker7th<<=== G3 fan!! :lol:
you rock me,, i rock you,,

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 11:44:25 PM »
satch's solo in "crushing day" is one of the best shred solos i've heard
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Monochromatic Stains

• Netizen Level
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 01:09:59 AM »
Quote from: fretburner
satch's solo in "crushing day" is one of the best shred solos i've heard

I remember him talking about that solo on Guitar World. He said he wasn't satisfied with it because it was really a 'worked out' solo. He was afraid that people would be able to tell, and his fear were confirmed when Steve Vai came up to him and was like "You worked out this solo didn't you?"