hulika

Author Topic: SOPA - Online Censorship Stike!  (Read 18972 times)

Offline yahxx2

• Veteran Member
SOPA - Online Censorship Stike!
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:05:17 PM »
Anong say nyo mga kapatid?

Link: http://sopastrike.com/

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:08:00 PM by yahxx2 »
[img width=12 height=12]
yahxx

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: SOPA - Online Censorship Stike!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:12:39 PM »
ayos yan! para mapilitan mga bata magbasa ng totoong libro. mababawasan din mga internet know it all na wikipedia lang ang source.  :razz:

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:34:57 PM »
ayos yan! para mapilitan mga bata magbasa ng totoong libro. mababawasan din mga internet know it all na wikipedia lang ang source.  :razz:

In a way I agree..
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline ryantetek

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »
Wikipedia is on strike today  :oops:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Offline yahxx2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »
as i understand its censorship eh, parang ang dating eh.. magkakaroon ng isang internet organization that will apply the law of SOPA to control everything thats on the internet.. in some its like freedom, parang freedom of the press daw.. for me kasi what the point..

eto lang yan eh.. Reputasyon.
why control d b?
[img width=12 height=12]
yahxx

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 05:01:18 PM »

That's your only reason? Wikipedia provides a lot of help to students. Buti sana kung ganun kadali at kamura maghagilap ng mga libro for research. Pft.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »
That's your only reason? Wikipedia provides a lot of help to students. Buti sana kung ganun kadali at kamura maghagilap ng mga libro for research. Pft.

tell that to scholars who don't have access to internet. to your parents who didnt have computers back then. hindi mahirap maghagilap ng libro. may mga library kung di mo kaya bumili.

yung wikipedia, kahit sino puwede baguhin ang content. ang libro eksperto talaga mga nagsusulat. bawal nga wikipedia sa thesis e kahit saang unibersidad ka pumunta.

pft.

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 05:12:47 PM »
korek....still books are better. sa sti ka or ama para "computerized" ang learning hahaha
yada yada yada.....

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 05:14:50 PM »
tell that to scholars who don't have access to internet. to your parents who didnt have computers back then. hindi mahirap maghagilap ng libro. may mga library kung di mo kaya bumili.

yung wikipedia, kahit sino puwede baguhin ang content. ang libro eksperto talaga mga nagsusulat. bawal nga wikipedia sa thesis e kahit saang unibersidad ka pumunta.

pft.

Yeah? And how updated are those books? At least in wikipedia, you could check the sources. Thesis? Look it up on wikipedia, check the sources, and go get the source. It gives you a headstart. Everything is moving towards convenience, why go against it?

I say sopa is just another move by the government to control everything.

pft.  :-P

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 05:37:18 PM »
hahaha wiki generation nga naman oh.

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »
Learning and absorbing everything using the internet or online is good, but I also prefer old-school, hardcore book reading. Majority of people nowadays, mostly the younger generation, DO NOT READ books anymore with the advent of technology...and yet sometimes, not even if there's the convenience of it. They would even laugh at you for having read a thick book, mind you. Believe me, I've been laughed at before because I read the original book version of The Bourne Identity and not its movie adaptation.

But let it be known to all that I am definitely NOT in favor of SOPA and PIPA.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:53:48 PM by silverbolt1097 »
I am the dark side of you

Offline tops_in_saucers

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »

FYI, it's not Wikipedia alone that's going down when this bill goes through. Even posting a cover of copyrighted songs on YouTube and other things like that will become illegal.
\"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.\"

Offline silverbolt1097

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2012, 05:56:17 PM »
FYI, it's not Wikipedia alone that's going down when this bill goes through. Even posting a cover of copyrighted songs on YouTube and other things like that will become illegal.

That includes downloading hard-to-find, sought-after songs that you can play in your iPod. You need to have a credit card to buy music that you can't find here in the Philippines. That sounds very ominous.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 05:58:06 PM by silverbolt1097 »
I am the dark side of you

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 06:36:41 PM »
More gigs, more exhibits, less bedroom artists. Siguro mababawasan na rin ang crap artists.

pero ayoko parin maipasa yung bill.

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 07:00:05 PM »
a lot of businesses and interests were railroaded by the internet, that is why THEY want to control it  <_<... let's enjoy internet freedom na lang while it is still here.
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
I like my sopas with milk...
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline yahxx2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »
a lot of businesses and interests were railroaded by the internet, that is why THEY want to control it  <_<... let's enjoy internet freedom na lang while it is still here.

very well said brother..  +1 to this.
pero some thinks that this LAW is only under US soil, Meaning... all servers thats under the US Soil will be controlled by this LAW.. so ang dating US is only jeopardizing their own economy when or if companies fluck away their servers to foreign countries its their lost not ours..
[img width=12 height=12]
yahxx

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »
pero some thinks that this LAW is only under US soil, Meaning... all servers thats under the US Soil will be controlled by this LAW.. so ang dating US is only jeopardizing their own economy when or if companies fluck away their servers to foreign countries its their lost not ours..

I am sure mambabraso na naman ang US para maimplement ito worldwide  :idea:

Could this be the start of the apocalypse? use your imagination :lol:
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline heyman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 10:46:53 PM »
\

we will all be affected kahit di tayo US territory
yada yada yada.....

Offline blacktele

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 12:02:35 AM »
Too much information is in the Internet already. Tsk tsk...
GAS is proof that money has no value without velocity

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 12:05:04 AM »

pft.

times they are a changin' my friend.

wikipedia is not all that bad. akala mo ba lahat ng libro ay credible? it is up to the scholar to discern what is trustworthy and what is not.

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 12:06:37 AM »
Note: Wikipedia IS NOT a good source of reliable information.
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 12:24:58 AM »
Note: Wikipedia IS NOT a good source of reliable information.

so the topic forks into a debate on whether or not wikipedia is a reliable information source or not? i dont think the sopas tackles that. there is a lot of unreliable information floating around the internet. like the time na nagoyo tayo ni maria ozawa na magpapa audition dito sa pinas. depende na lang sa nagbabasa kung magpapaloko or hindi.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 01:45:14 AM »
Since nagstray narin naman sa main topic, makikisawsaw lang ako:

Gusto ko bumalik sa time na nagdedebate ang mga hardcore old school stone tablet users vs. papyrus scroll users.

Offline yahxx2

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 01:47:29 AM »
ang mainpoint lang naman dito ng mga defenders eh, why need to control things posted on the internet? what about the privacy?
when you control meaning you know something before everyones sees it di ba?

ano bang nasa isip ng mga kano..
[img width=12 height=12]
yahxx