hulika

Author Topic: Put Your Bio here! ! !  (Read 165074 times)

Offline page8six....

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Put Your Bio here! ! !
« Reply #550 on: November 20, 2010, 07:44:04 PM »
EDITED

Name: Antonio Lobusta, III
nickname:Ton-ton, Ton
origin :Pila, Laguna
yrs of playing: 13 years on and off
guitars:Epiphone SG G400 cherry red, Yamaha RBX( bass) forgot the model.
strings: d addrio 10's for Epi and
effects: Boss DD7,DD3,CH1,PH3,NS2,GE7,BD2,DS1,DS2, Dr. Boogie by kevin, Jim Dunlop JH1 Hendrix Wah
amp:Blackheart BH15 Handsome Devil 112 combo all Tube amp :-D,Orange cr bxt50
Currently Listening: AC/DC, Franco,Urbandub, Incubus ulit  :-D
band: none  
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 02:07:39 PM by page8six.... »
“If you don’t know the blues, … there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”
– Keith Richards

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #551 on: November 20, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
Name: Antonio Lobusta, III
nickname:Ton-ton, Ton
origin :Pila, Laguna
yrs of playing: 13 years on and off
guitars:Epiphone SG G400 cherry red, Ibanez SA260FM, Yamaha RBX( bass) forgot the model.
strings: d addrio 10's for Epi and 9's for ibby
effects: Boss ME25,DD7,NS2,GE7,BD2,DS1,DS2,FS5u,FS5L, Dr. Boogie by kevi, Ibanez WD7 wah
amp:Orange Crush15r,Orange cr bxt50
Currently Listening: AC/DC, Franco, urbandub
band: none 

pare hindi pala tayo nagkakalayo ng okupasyon.. gusto ko rin pumunta jan sa uae (or ksa kaba?)
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline milzer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #552 on: November 20, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »

Name: Miles Ablay
Nickname: Miles
Origin : Makati
Years of Playing: 6 years (pero noob parin!)
Guitar: Ibanez ARC 100 BS and 2 Telecaster
Strings: D' Addario 10's
Strap: Ernieball w/ JD Straplock
Effects: Boss HM3,DD3,SD2,PH2,TR2, Zoom GFX-1

Offline felixrocks

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2010, 12:04:54 AM »
Ganda ng thread nito.. profile sa forumers, sana sticky thread to. This is a must.
I'm envy for the Ibanez PGM users..  :evil:
References: putchazta_46,alvinratism,XFree,zuluwashere,tukak0210,frivers,JayL517,bklixuz,heiniken01,dax,tranquil,lydiandominant,chinitajen,lidista03,secretavenger234,dr. evil,boxxed,Eric.Draven

Offline page8six....

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #554 on: November 21, 2010, 02:49:52 AM »
pare hindi pala tayo nagkakalayo ng okupasyon.. gusto ko rin pumunta jan sa uae (or ksa kaba?)

KSA pre sa Jeddah.  :-D
“If you don’t know the blues, … there’s no point in picking up the guitar and playing rock and roll or any other form of popular music.”
– Keith Richards

Offline student of rock

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #555 on: November 21, 2010, 10:20:38 PM »
Name: Elijah christiane C. Villanueva

Origin: pinoy

Years of Playing: 2 years

Guitars: Fernando,suzuki classical guitar

Amps: Fernando

strings: Ernie ball super slinky

Effects: grunge distortion

Currently Listening: Jimi Hendrix,steve vai,G3

:roll:

Offline oracodon

« Reply #556 on: December 16, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:33:58 PM by oracodon »

Offline jvs_03

« Reply #557 on: December 16, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »
Name: Jaime Santos

Nickname: jvs/jhim

Origin: QC

Years of Playing: 3yrs

Band: Krayola

Guitar: Squier tele (customize) and Squire strato

Strings: erniball "9 'n "10

Strap: erniball strap

Amp: stagg 20 ga

Effects: zoom g1j
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 11:42:29 PM by jvs_03 »
+63 922831-4430
+02 348-9635
YM ID: jvs_03_uplift

Offline kimhags

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #558 on: December 17, 2010, 02:06:31 PM »
pasali po  :-)

Name: Kim Haguisan (my last name is pronounced with a silent u)
Years of playing: 3 (only 6 months of serious playing)
Guitar: ibanez SA260FM,ibanez gio GRX40 (just sold it last tuesday)
Amp: peavey studio pro 112 65 watts
Effects: wala eh pero bibili pa
Strings: d'addario 10s
I listen to: as i lay dying,trivium,the devil wears prada,asking alexandria,paramore,and anything basta maganda ang guitar riffs.
I'm gassing for: a fender jim root telecaster (libre lang po mangarap)
Bands: none for the moment. bedroom guitarist lang.

yun lang. i'm not that good yet but guitar playing is my passion so i'm not giving up on it. :-)

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #559 on: December 18, 2010, 02:18:29 AM »

THAT'S AN OLD AMSTRAT I USED TO HAVE..

Name: Arnold Bancil Guyjoco
Origin: Filipino from Manila
Years of Playing: started 1984... mmmm..
Guitars: 1993 American Fender Standard Stratocaster, 80's Bacchus '59 Les Paul (MIJ), Hamer Vector Flying-V.
Picks: Jim Dunlop JazzIII, Planet Waves Black Ice (1.10mm) or Dunlop Tortex heavy. all small-sized.
Straps: Dunlop DD nylon Straps (solid/Grommet), Dunlop Red Monkey Leather Straps & Levy's.
Amps: Behringer AC108 15w Tube Amp
strings: always Dunlop, if available SIT (la na ata..), pag optionless, D'addario na (10-46)
Effects: Korg Pitchblack, VOX Wah, MV Shredhead, MXR 6band EQ, Danelectro Tremolo, Behringer Vintage Phaser & MimicMan delay.
Influences: Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Joe Bonamassa, Jeff Healey, B.B. King, Slash & John Mayer.
Gear I most want: John Mayer BLACK ONE.... Slash Signature Series LES PAUL....
Shoes: Chucks, Vans and anything comfortable.
Fashion: RAKENROL!
Bands: The Deputies / Rusted Heroes

Favorite licks:

many to mention..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:13:43 PM by the_Nong »

Offline lefty

• Veteran Member
« Reply #560 on: February 25, 2011, 08:00:01 AM »
Cowboy Santos: The son of rock ‘n roll
'Rock and roll is for the young. It's immediate and it's primal. You just have to attack it. No holds barred.'
By RONALD S. LIM
February 23, 2011, 11:59am

A MAN AND HIS GUITAR — Cowboy Santos takes guitar playing seriously, having been using the instrument since he was 14 years old. (Photo by JERICO MONTEMAYOR/ILLUMINATI)
MANILA, Philippines — You kind of expect someone who's the offspring of rock royalty to lead a decadent and dissolute lifestyle, but 35-year-old Cowboy Santos bucks that stereotype.

Cowboy, the son of Filipino rock and roll legend Sampaguita, has been leading anything but the rock-and-roll lifestyle. He doesn't smoke, drink, or do drugs, and even sports a short head of hair. Aside from having no vices, Cowboy also leads a healthy lifestyle, taking part in sports like skateboarding, wakeboarding, and skimboarding. He even reads self-improvement books!

But while Cowboy may not sport the superficial trappings of rock stars, he does live the rock and roll lifestyle in perhaps the most important way possible — by keeping the music playing.

"I never considered not playing music. I just loved playing music so much, I didn't think I would do anything else," he shares. "I've been here for 15 years and I've been playing for different bands — blues bands, rock bands, reggae bands."

Sheltered from the lifestyle
Of course, Cowboy's life in music began at the home. While his father, Nilo Santos, never took him to his mother's gigs, he did expose him to the music of the times.

"I was three years old when they launched Sampaguita. We weren't allowed to be part of the chaos that was the 70s rock scene," he says. "Basically, the only thing I would be exposed to was the music. There were instruments in the house; my dad had a recording studio in the house."

In fact, Cowboy was so sheltered from the rock and roll lifestyle that he thought his mom was famous for something else than being a rock star!

"I knew my mom was famous. I kind of looked up at them as superheroes because back then they used to wear these fantastic costumes, which would be out of this world for a little kid," he recalls with a laugh.

When his parents separated when he was six years old, Cowboy was taken even further away from the local music scene. At nine years old, he and his father relocated all the way to Orange County, Southern California. But even then, his love for music was constantly nurtured.

"My influences are classic rock. My dad was the one who really turned me on to the classic rock feel. He would be the one to say that I should listen to Deep Purple and Cream," he says.

However, it would be a trip to the Philippines that would really push him to become not just a listener, but be a producer of the type of music he loved.

"I visited my mom for a month over the summer when I was 14. I saw this guy who played the guitar so gracefully that I wanted to learn how to do that," he recalls. "My mom taught me a few chords, and when I came to the States, I told my dad I wanted to play guitar and he hooked me up with lessons."

Cowboy would study under legendary guitarist Doug Doppler, who himself was a student of Deep Purple lead guitarist, Joe Satriani. The training would kick off his seriousness in pursuing guitar as an instrument.

Superhero mom
When he turned 19, Cowboy would pack up his bags and return here to the country. It was on his return that he would realize just how influential his "superhero" mother had been on the Philippine music scene.

"When I came back, I realized my mom had quite an impact on the music industry and people's hearts, and in that era they left their mark," he says. "People would tell me that my mom's songs changed their life. I'm pretty proud to hear that from other people, especially after such a long time."

Cowboy would form his first band here in the country with another famous rock star offspring, Megan Aguilar.

"Megan Aguilar was my first band mate. We formed a band and we were just jamming," he says. "The next influences on me were the bars and bands like Razorback and David Aguirre. They were the ones who introduced me to Juan dela Cruz. I didn't know that there was Pinoy rock like that."

Cowboy would even get the chance to play with his own mom and even go on a concert tour!

"After a couple of years with my band, my mom decides to have a go and sing again, and it became me as her guitarist and my brother, Rocky, as her bass player. It was the kids backing up the mom!" he says. "Within that line-up we were able to tour Italy, a lot of shows here. We were able to do that for about two to three years. I was actually able to come full circle and play well enough to be able to back up my mom in international and national shows."

His own path
While growing up in the States may have "delayed" his education in the local music scene, Cowboy says that the anonymity has worked to his advantage.

"I think it was better for me to be anonymous growing up. I'm thankful that I didn't have to go through the pressures of having to try and live up to a legacy which I think stands alone fairly well," he explains. "Being the son of a rock star will always have a comparison. I don't think I would ever come close if I tried. It was their time."

What Cowboy is doing now is making his own path. Aside from being part of the band Tempestuous Jones, he is also collaborating with other musical offspring on an album they hope comes out in June.

"I am in the middle of recording an album with the sons of Jose Mari Chan, Mike and Michael Chan, Joe Chan, and the son of Celeste Legaspi, we're called The Generation," he reveals. " It's just a treat to be playing with these guys from all musical legacies. This is a special thing. We may not be able to do this later on. I think it's really great."

As for young people looking to make it in the music scene, Cowboy says there's no better place for them to be in than rock and roll.

"Rock and roll is for the young. Rock is a primal feeling, it's immediate and it's primal. You just have to attack it. No holds barred," he ends. "Just practice. It's really just practice. Get a good band, get some good people, practice. Say what you feel and just go for it."
Are You Experienced

Offline alexander

« Reply #561 on: February 26, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »

Name: Alexander Asis
Nickname: Allen
Origin : QC
Years of Playing: 6 years and still learning
Guitars: Ibanez XPT707, Kramer Imperial fr
Strings: D'addario 7 string medium gauge and GHS Progressives 10's
Strap: Ibanez leather strap
Amp: None, I use a headset (But will purchase one soon)
Effects: Zoom G9.2tt, but will change to an analog setup really soon (pedals on the way)
Dream Guitars: Bernie Rico jr Hesperian 7, Caparison Dellinger 7, at kung todo dream, an Ibanez RGA or XPT 7 LACS!!!

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:59:27 AM by alexander »
THOU ART CAST DOWN!!!

Offline jracz_28

« Reply #562 on: February 26, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »

Name: Jessie Corpuz
Origin: Cavite PH
Years of Playing: 17 Years
Guitars: 1994 40th Anniversary Fender Stratocaster, Hamer CX2R, Greg Bennett Malibu MB1, Greg Bennett Royale RL2, Squier Standard Stratocaster, Fender Standard Stratocaster Mexico, Ibanez S470B, Ibanez RGR321EX
Amps: Lanex LX65R, Zoom Fire30
Strings: D'Addario 9's
Effects: Boss OS2, Boss MT2, Boss AC3, Boss CH1, Boss DD3, Boss RV5, MXR 6 Band EQ, Zoom G2.1u, Boss ME25, Boss GT10, Line 6 M9, Line 6 POD HD300
Currently Listening: Gospel Songs, Hillsong Music
Influences: Nigel Hendroff, Jack Thammarat

Offline rye715

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #563 on: February 26, 2011, 06:12:20 PM »

Name: Ryan V
Origin: La Union PH, Bahrain (current)
Years of Playing: 15 Years
Guitars: Washburn Idol Series WR167Pro
Amps: Randall RG200D
Strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinkies
Effects: Pod HD500, Zoom GFX5
Currently Listening: Tower of Power, Christian rock, Dream Theater (I&W to Stream of Conciousness era), Powers of Ten, Greg Howe, Parokya ni Edgar, Caprice 5 by Paganini, Kylie Minogue, Datu's Tribe, Tom Jones, Earth-Wind-and-Fire, Orient Pearl  (sorry, WinAmp playlist ay halo halo hehehe)
Influences: Shawn Lane, Marty Friedman, John Petrucci, Marcel Coenen, Kirk Hammett, Stanley Jordan, Guthrie Govan
"Musicians are, in a sense, able to manipulate energy in the form of sound. We are able to understand the nature of sound and mold it to our liking. Among other kinds of professions, we are the ones who can wield energy in one of its purest forms."

Offline felixrocks

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #564 on: February 26, 2011, 08:45:31 PM »

Name: Ryan V
Origin: La Union PH, Bahrain (current)
Years of Playing: 15 Years
Guitars: Washburn Idol Series WR167Pro
Amps: Randall RG200D
Strings: Ernie Ball Super Slinkies
Effects: Pod HD500, Zoom GFX5
Currently Listening: Tower of Power, Christian rock, Dream Theater (I&W to Stream of Conciousness era), Powers of Ten, Greg Howe, Parokya ni Edgar, Caprice 5 by Paganini, Kylie Minogue, Datu's Tribe, Tom Jones, Earth-Wind-and-Fire, Orient Pearl  (sorry, WinAmp playlist ay halo halo hehehe)
Influences: Shawn Lane, Marty Friedman, John Petrucci, Marcel Coenen, Kirk Hammett, Stanley Jordan, Guthrie Govan

Sa iyo yan sir o a shop lang? Ganda ng dean and washburn guitars..  :evil:
References: putchazta_46,alvinratism,XFree,zuluwashere,tukak0210,frivers,JayL517,bklixuz,heiniken01,dax,tranquil,lydiandominant,chinitajen,lidista03,secretavenger234,dr. evil,boxxed,Eric.Draven

Offline rye715

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #565 on: February 26, 2011, 08:55:54 PM »
Hehe, pic ko yan sa shop ng guitars dito. Wala akong matinong shot ng ako at yung guitars ko eh.
"Musicians are, in a sense, able to manipulate energy in the form of sound. We are able to understand the nature of sound and mold it to our liking. Among other kinds of professions, we are the ones who can wield energy in one of its purest forms."

Offline Shadow241

« Reply #566 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:31 PM »
Name: Anton de la Torre
Origin: Pangasinan
Years of Playing: Around 3-5 years.
Guitars: Stratocaster imitation, a Global acoustic, a Fernando acoustic.
Amps: Masters amplifier (VERY VERY SMALL)
Strings: Yamaha strings, D'addario
Effects: Zoom G1N
Favorite Bands/Singers: John Mayer, Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold, My Chemical Romance, Pierce the Veil, Escape the Fate, Asking Alexandria, A Day to Remember, Fall Out Boy, Urbandub, InYo, Franco, etc.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 06:58:38 PM by Shadow241 »

Offline franzdean

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #567 on: March 01, 2011, 12:45:04 AM »
Name: Franz

Origin: Pinoy

Years of Playing: more than 6 years.

Guitars: Godin SD24, Slammer by hammer stratocaster, sama ko na rin bass ko: early 90s fernandes FRB-60

Amps: kakahiya naman... pero sige, Marshall MG10 practice AMP!!!! (EH ANO?!?!  :lol: )

strings: D'addario 9s

Effects: Vox bulldog distortion, zoom g1xn,

Currently Listening: OPM (mostly urbandub) GnR, STP, saosin,

Gear I most want: SHREDHEAD, boss GT-10

Favorite licks: mga banat ni slash, zakk wylde, tas nakiki jamming rin ako ng blues licks sa youtube pag triptrip lang.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:48:07 AM by franzdean »
And baby if I need to, yeah I will keep you in the corner of my eye...

Offline Jazz_n_Blues

« Reply #568 on: March 01, 2011, 03:08:40 AM »
Name: Paolo Cruzado

Years of Playing: 19years? since maybe around '91 or '92

Guitars: SX Stratocaster, CAT King (acoustic) got from a lumanog shop. (currentl saving for a CFMartin Martin GPCPA1)

Amps: samick smart 3. (laney v300 was sold)

strings: DR string Tite-Fit, and DR string Zebra , Martin SP Phospor Bronze light gauge (for my acoustic)

Effects: none as of this moment

Currently Listening: larry carlton albums,and some blues stuffs

Gear I most want: John Mayer's Black One, GPCPA1 Martin guitar, Gibson 335, Roland RD700sx, Amplifiers that would suit the guitars i want and also a roland keyboard amp., delay, touch wah, octaver,distortion and other effects na ok sa taste kong tones.

Influence: Eric Clapton, B.B. King, SRV, John Mayer, Buddy Guy, Robert Cray, Larry Carlton, Joe Pass, Don Mock, Tuck Andress, Steve Lukather

Favorite licks: John mayer's Gravity(Crossroads 2007); Albert King's Have you ever loved a woman; Larry Carlton's B.P. Blues, Room 335 & Bubble Shuffle; B.B. King's Blues Boys Tune & How Blue Can You Get;

Offline asuncionkevin

« Reply #569 on: March 06, 2011, 05:27:07 PM »
Name: Kevin Asuncion

Origin: Noypi

Years of Playing: almost 7 years

Guitars: rj rickenbacker copy, sx telecaster, squier bullet strat, an acoustic guitar

Amps: marshall 10watts valvestate, vox pathfinder 15

strings: ernie ball slinky strings( rj rick copy) d'addario .10(sx tele) stock strings(squier),

Effects: boss fv-50, danelectro od, zoom gfx-1, behringer hellbabe wah.

Currently Listening: the beatles, e-heads, cream, dirty mac

Influence: george harrison and john lennon, eric clapton, chuck berry

Favorite licks: stairway to heaven solo, while my guitar gently weeps solo( clapton's part)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 10:59:06 PM by asuncionkevin »
Dasal lang at gitara ang sandata sa gabi!
- Tito Drew

Offline SexyCommando

« Reply #570 on: March 06, 2011, 07:05:33 PM »
Name: Edji Abrigo

Origin: syento porsyentong Pinoy

Years of Playing: 5 years(i think), pero paputol putol yun dahil naging vocals ako. haha

Guitar(s): Fernandes Mockingbird(MGX80), Fender Strat

Amps: wala na. i used to have a bucklay amp

Effects: Boston Heavymetal, Boston Compressor, Boston Distortion, Bulldog and Zoom g2.1

Currently Listening to: Mr. Big, X Japan, Galneryus, etc etc

Favorite Guitarists: hideto matsumoto, francis "brew" reyes, Syu, Paul Gilberts, Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Manuel Legarda

Offline Limuel Talusan

« Reply #571 on: March 11, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »
Name: John Limuel Talusan

nickname: Limuel

Years of Playing: 2 years of playing ( baby pa sa music world )  :-D

Guitars: nako . pang baguhan lang gitara ko YAMAHA EG112 MII ( isa lang T.T )

Amps: guyatone 20watts heavy metal , behringer speakers

strings: D'Addario 9's ata yun ikinabit sakin ..

Effects: boss ds1 , boston chorus , boston delay , boston flanger , ZOOM G2.1u

Currently Listening: parokya , paramore , linkin park , creed  mga ganun :D

tanong ko lang guys.
mejo sablay sablay pa kse ako sa mabilisan pagpapalit ng chords
ano ba mga exercise na pwde ko gawin to enhance that
SALAMAT!  :-D
All I need is unconditional love and unconditional sex.
 This is me, ladies of Philmusic. And as Jason Mraz said, I'm yours.  :mrgreen:

Offline wrathster

« Reply #572 on: March 11, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
Name: John Limuel Talusan

nickname: Limuel

Years of Playing: 2 years of playing ( baby pa sa music world )  :-D

Guitars: nako . pang baguhan lang gitara ko YAMAHA EG112 MII ( isa lang T.T )

Amps: guyatone 20watts heavy metal , behringer speakers

strings: D'Addario 9's ata yun ikinabit sakin ..

Effects: boss ds1 , boston chorus , boston delay , boston flanger , ZOOM G2.1u

Currently Listening: parokya , paramore , linkin park , creed  mga ganun :D

tanong ko lang guys.
mejo sablay sablay pa kse ako sa mabilisan pagpapalit ng chords
ano ba mga exercise na pwde ko gawin to enhance that
SALAMAT!  :-D

Just keep practicing your favorite songs... and lose yourself in them. And by that i mean you have to get the groove of the songs, and let the rest of the technical stuff follow after, especially for rhythm playing.
King of Pain

Offline Raxi1218

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #573 on: March 11, 2011, 03:33:50 PM »
Name: Robbie Felipe

Years of Playing: 6 or 7 years

Guitars: Epiphone LP Traditional Pro, Behringer Strat, Yamaha acoustic, Applause AE121

Amps: 15 watt Behringer amp

Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky & D'Addario 10's

Effects: ZOOM G1X (and currently wanting a VS J&H, and a Nova Delay)

Currently Listening: John Mayer (and the Trio), Hendrix, Israel Houghton, Guthrie Govan, Toto, Victor Wooten

Favorite Licks: madami but, my favorites are: John Mayer's version of "I Don't Need No Doctor" and "Bold as Love," Victor Wooten's version of "Overjoyed," SRV's "Lenny", and "Rosanna" - Toto

« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 03:38:04 PM by Raxi1218 »

Offline Limuel Talusan

« Reply #574 on: March 11, 2011, 03:49:04 PM »
Just keep practicing your favorite songs... and lose yourself in them. And by that i mean you have to get the groove of the songs, and let the rest of the technical stuff follow after, especially for rhythm playing.

thank you sir :D kaso im selling my rig na .
planning to buy a new one

guys
what do you think ?
should I upgrade my strat nlng ?
or buy a new one ?
All I need is unconditional love and unconditional sex.
 This is me, ladies of Philmusic. And as Jason Mraz said, I'm yours.  :mrgreen: