hulika

Author Topic: the DIGITECH pedal user's thread!!  (Read 143086 times)

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
the DIGITECH pedal user's thread!!
« on: February 09, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »
guys if you have experiences in using the digitech peds especially the x series, please post your reviews here! thanks!

btw, let me start with my review on the digitech SCREAMIN BLUES overdrive/distortion pedal.

pedal construction:
patterned after a BOSS, so its very sturdy. the push-button thingies on the left and right side of the battery lid/stomping surface takes a while to get used to especially if you're a boss user. it's actually easy to pop. the battery is held snugly so its very secure as well. the plastic knobs look a bit flimsy. however, since it is depressed with the construction, you wont be able to accidentally step on them. the blue paint looks thick and hard to scratch (although ayoko mag-experiment, hehehe) and the pedal name is cheesy, to say the least.

tone:
very transparent, not as midrangey. you wont get metal tone, of course, but you could be able to dial in something close to iommi if you max out the gain and boost the high freq option. but then again, i think the pedal is perfect and meant for blues/classic rock tunes. dial in the gain to about 3:00 and boost the bass a bit and leave the high freq at 12:00, you'd be able to nail ebe's rhythm work with sugarfree. (u wud have to be using humbuckers, though. if not dial in more bass) if gain's around 9-12:00, you get a fine amount of grit.

the high and bass freq dials made this pedal stand out among other overdrive/distortions i have ever used. it gives you great control over your tone. because of that, there's probably a multitude of tones to choose from depending on the combo of your guitar, this pedal, and an amp. not only that, it cleans up well with the guitar's volume knob. oh, and did i mention that it responds very well to picking intensity, just like your favorite saturated tube amp? :P

i've never really used the mixer out function so i can't give any reviews for that. :lol:

at P3500 brand new, it's a keeper for me.

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 06:46:55 AM »
Ahhhhh..... This thread is just in time, actually I'm gassing right now for the Hotrod and the Tonedriver but since it's not available here in Baguio I also have my eyes on the Screamin Blues since it's the only available digitech pedal here.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 06:47:58 AM »
I have  a Digitech Digital Delay and it rocks.....easy to use....got it for $75
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 06:53:10 AM »
Lucky You that you can get cool pedals by that price. :lol:

Have you tried the HotRod or the ToneDriver? Sabi nila sa kin is that it works well with a Valvestate amp.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 07:15:18 AM »
Quote from: lykenhowl
Lucky You that you can get cool pedals by that price. :lol:

Have you tried the HotRod or the ToneDriver? Sabi nila sa kin is that it works well with a Valvestate amp.
yeah...got it brand new sa EBAY.

sorry not yet...don't really need it right now.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline markflo

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 07:43:22 AM »
ok din daw yung bad monkey...ang tataas ng reviews sa harmony-central...and i tried it myself too...para siyang fender bassman na inoverdrive...o kaya twin amp na overdriven...trip!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 07:57:44 AM »
Has anyone tried to make a Screamin Blues sound like a Bad Monkey?

and/or vice-versa? I will try this over the weekend, and see if one is redundant.

Offline ralphot

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 08:41:38 AM »
i got a Digitech SynthWah.

i have yet to totally play around with it, but after trying out the default settings that came with the manual, suffice to say that it's a good addition to my rig. the autowah and funky envelope settings are nice.

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 09:34:06 AM »
I got a Digitech GNX3 and Whammy 4. :D

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 09:54:35 AM »

Hey Bro, I did try the Hot Rod and was very pleased by it. The only reason why I returned it is because they gave me a very good deal on the MXR Double Shot distortion. I got the Hot Rod for $69.99 but they gave me the MXR for the same price (on clearance). I currently have the hots for boutigue type of pedals so I gladly exchanged the Hot Rod for it.
But the Hot Rod is so freakin' versatile. I don't know how to write a proper review but this pedal could be as bright, mid-rangy, or as thick as you want it to be. Thanks to the Warp dial you can tweak some serious tones. And I'm playing on a solid state 25 watt practice amp.

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 10:11:18 AM »
Quote from: markflo
ok din daw yung bad monkey...ang tataas ng reviews sa harmony-central...and i tried it myself too...para siyang fender bassman na inoverdrive...o kaya twin amp na overdriven...trip!

Yea the Bad Monkey looks interesting. Anyone know where i can get it locally? And how much?

Thanks.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 10:12:03 AM »
Quote from: BP_Lizard

Hey Bro, I did try the Hot Rod and was very pleased by it. The only reason why I returned it is because they gave me a very good deal with the MXR Double Shot distortion. I got the Hot Rod for $69.99 but they gave me the MXR for the same price (on clearance). I currently have the hots for boutigue type of pedals so I gladly exchanged the Hot Rod for it.
But the Hot Rod is so freakin' versatile. I don't know how to write a proper review but this pedal could be as bright, mid-rangy, or as thick as you want it to be. Thanks to the Warp dial you can tweak some serious tones. And I'm playing on a solid state 25 watt practice amp.

What??!! Boowwtteekk??!! Say it ain't so? Your going to the dark side BART-NIKEN. First your going to get boutique pedals, then, next thing you know, you won't play with us, non-boutique gear users because we don't have the BOOWWTTEEKK TONE. Then will see you in the TONE PARTY with your Boutique gears. I can see it now. Pretty soon you'll turn down our inveite for a regular non-boutique JAM EB. Nooo!!! Waa!!!  :cry:  Don't go to the dark BOOWWTTEEKK side, hahaha :lol:

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 10:17:17 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
What??!! Boowwtteekk??!! Say it ain't so? Your going to the dark side BART-NIKEN. First your going to get boutique pedals, then, next thing you know, you won't play with us, non-boutique gear users because we don't have the BOOWWTTEEKK TONE. Then will see you in the TONE PARTY with your Boutique gears. I can see it now. Pretty soon you'll turn down our inveite for a regular non-boutique JAM EB. Nooo!!! Waa!!!  :cry:  Don't go to the dark BOOWWTTEEKK side, hahaha :lol:

You talkin' to me, commoner? :lol:
Hindi naman yung totoong boutique pedal, porma lang. Masyadong mahal yung totoo.

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 10:21:42 AM »
Quote from: stratman1

Hey Bro, I did try the Hot Rod and was very pleased by it. The only reason why I returned it is because they gave me a very good deal with the MXR Double Shot distortion. I got the Hot Rod for $69.99 but they gave me the MXR for the same price (on clearance). I currently have the hots for boutigue type of pedals so I gladly exchanged the Hot Rod for it.

hahahaha! =D>

I was skeptical about these pedals because they're all digital. But considering your opinions i guess they're worth a try heheh(GAS).
Pero Digital nga ba talaga yan? Parang analog ang mga description nyo in terms of sound. How would it compare to let's say...a ts808? :D

Thanks

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 10:30:31 AM »
From what i read so far, the pedals with the X designation are digital. The others, like the Bad Monkey, Grunge, Death Metal, and Hot Head are analog. Where do you find these pedals locally?

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 10:40:20 AM »
audiophile pre. i'll email them to ask for sure kung alin ang analog.  :D thanks :D

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 10:48:19 AM »
Ayt, wil do. Thanks!

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 12:34:30 PM »

Hey Bro, I did try the Hot Rod and was very pleased by it. The only reason why I returned it is because they gave me a very good deal on the MXR Double Shot distortion. I got the Hot Rod for $69.99 but they gave me the MXR for the same price (on clearance). I currently have the hots for boutigue type of pedals so I gladly exchanged the Hot Rod for it.

Now Im having GAS :lol:

Offline MIG AYESA

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 12:48:06 PM »
Digitech x-series pedals are the best!!! 2 thumbs up!!!

It's like buying several stompboxes for the price of one.

It's the morph knob, for instance their heavy metal pedal can emulate the MT-2, DOD, Death Metal, and the sought after scooped sound.

Other pros: nice paintjob (it doesn't bubble over time) and the battery
                 compartment is nice.

The Cons:   matakaw sa battery,  minutes lang ubos na. I suggest buy
                  rechargeable 9 volts or use ac adaptor. :wink:

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006, 01:34:36 PM »
sana may post dito ng pricelist ng x series hehehe.. ive been gassing sa Bad Monkey..

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2006, 01:45:27 PM »
last time i checked(last year pa to) Van Halen ang presyo 5,150 :shock:

Offline Machine_Head

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2006, 02:19:56 PM »
I just called all the branches in manila hunting down the Badmonkey but unfortunately none was available. Bad trip yung sa Pioneer branch, I called them up and a guy answered so i asked about the Badmonkey, then sabi call this number, and i said sir wait lang i'll get a pen. But before i could finish the sentence the guy slammed the phone on me. How rude!! Buti nlang yung sa Greenhills branch mabait...

Offline Taoistguitarist

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2006, 02:38:42 PM »
malamang yung si yabang yun. :x

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2006, 02:39:36 PM »
yan nga minsan problema sa AP, minsan laging wlang stock.. pero yung kausap namin dun sa pioneer si kuya lito is very accomodating dun namin binili mga amp namin sa choir peavey's and a hartke. may isa dun nga parang maangas.. di kami pinansin not until inilabas nung bassist namin yung pambili nya ng bass amp nya.. in cold cash.. ayun nagbago ang ihip ng hangin..

Offline ralphot

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2006, 03:20:24 PM »
merong store sa raon na nagbebenta rin ng digitech products. forgot the name, though... pero yung mga x-series nila around 5k plus.