hulika

Author Topic: lets talk....EFFECT PEDALS  (Read 11662 times)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
lets talk....EFFECT PEDALS
« on: February 10, 2006, 06:46:19 AM »
let's talk effects pedals here.....reviews, price, website, soundclips, anything.

here's one that interest me.
XOTIC pedals....very cool video clips too.

http://www.prosoundcommunications.com/english/
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline markflo

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 07:01:33 AM »
i heard really good things about the xotic RC Booster. Scott Henderson uses one...that's my new thing now...my next purchase would be a really nice clean booster to boost my gain pedals...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
XOTIC
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 07:03:19 AM »
kewl peds...pero pricey..BUT! i wonder how it sounds...really curious about them...availability in the market anyone?

BOSS GT8 - juggernaut. the modellers are really great. it also has the internal amp control. another feature is that you can change effects(distortions) thru your guitar's volume knob. ill post more as i explore it deeper...(naks)
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 07:19:26 AM »
Quote from: markflo
i heard really good things about the xotic RC Booster. Scott Henderson uses one...that's my new thing now...my next purchase would be a really nice clean booster to boost my gain pedals...
yeah did you see the videos? I'm thinking RC booster or AC booster.....confuse pa ako......TRUE BYPASS pa daw.

Offline markflo

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 07:55:12 AM »
here's a semi-cheaper alternative:
http://www.catalinbread.com/picoso.html

i think the difference between the ac and the rc is the rc is more of a pure clean boost...it's more transparent, whereas the ac can sort of color your tone a bit if you want it to (which is not always a bad thing) i want the RC nonetheless...

also, check ebay...they have this pedal there called the lenahan clean boost. it looks gooooooooooooooooooood...but i haven't heard it yet...no website or whatever...supposedly built by this guy who used to do marshall mods and who used to work for soldano and ampeg...
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »
yeah the RC boost is a true bypass clean boost...and the cool thing about the boost...in cleans...you can somewhat control (dial in/out) the bass or treble......per Scot Henerson's interview...the MXR micro amp was too bassy....and you can't get rid of it.

the AC boost is a cool overdrive unit........judging from all  the videos I've seen ....I'm leaning towards the AC boost....really nice vintage overdrive.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 09:45:26 AM »
O para sa mga techheads and electrogeeks lololol.

Alexan has a good variety of disto pedal kits that you can DIY and put together yourself and as I look over the schematics, they do resemble the configurations of the popular brands (e.g. clip diodes at the output, clip diodes at the feedback loop). Plus they have mod pedals too. Like they have a flanger that when set at a shallow rate will actually produce a Chorus. And they also have a digital delay pedal. Needless to say, fraction of the cost of a bowteeq pedal yet functional enough for the beginner to intermediate level (or even an expert that finds a kick in its tone).

There used to be a company called Tanioka Electronics Lab (still looking where they are right now) and they used to sell reaaaalll cheap disto boards, decent sounding. They were so cheap...about 35 pesos apiece that I bought a handful, put one in my guitar at the time (built in distortion hehehe), made one into a pedal, put one in my amp and made a couple for friends. If one can find them  the boards might still be available.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kanshooter

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 11:26:49 AM »
Quote from: BAMF
O para sa mga techheads and electrogeeks lololol.

Alexan has a good variety of disto pedal kits that you can DIY and put together yourself and as I look over the schematics, they do resemble the configurations of the popular brands (e.g. clip diodes at the output, clip diodes at the feedback loop). Plus they have mod pedals too. Like they have a flanger that when set at a shallow rate will actually produce a Chorus. And they also have a digital delay pedal. Needless to say, fraction of the cost of a bowteeq pedal yet functional enough for the beginner to intermediate level (or even an expert that finds a kick in its tone).

There used to be a company called Tanioka Electronics Lab (still looking where they are right now) and they used to sell reaaaalll cheap disto boards, decent sounding. They were so cheap...about 35 pesos apiece that I bought a handful, put one in my guitar at the time (built in distortion hehehe), made one into a pedal, put one in my amp and made a couple for friends. If one can find them  the boards might still be available.

I USED TO HAVE THESE STUFFS way back during the times when Alexan has one branch only (dinadayo ko pa yung liblib ng di ko na maalala..lagpas pa ng Arangque market,,..buti na lang may Alexan na sa SM Megamall 5th Level) It feels so good to make your own pedal after all those soldering action!

Offline kamots

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 12:23:21 PM »
How about the womanizer and demonizer pedals by damage control.

http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/main.htm

May video demos din. Lupet.
walang maisip

Offline cool_blues

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2006, 01:31:52 PM »
:shock:   DAMN!!! I want the demonizer!!!!!!

Kaso i don't have enough bread to buy 1!!

Ayan GAS na naman!!!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
(",)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2006, 01:49:10 PM »
yeah those pedals by Damage Control USA are awesome...especially if you have a solid state amp.

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2006, 03:59:18 PM »
Borderline boutique na yan e!

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2006, 04:24:40 PM »
Anyone saw the SFX-3 already?
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2006, 05:04:49 PM »
Sir Al posted this site last year sa kabilang forum

http://www.buildyourownclone.com

For pedal geeks (like me) who want to build their own pedals with "boutique" flavor.  :lol:  8)
soylent green is people.

Offline nickson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2006, 06:20:38 PM »
hi guys...

kinda new here... Anyone here already used the Pacifix Ltd. Stampede Distortion SDT-1?

I hope i can get my hands on one of these babies... used by Kurt Ballou of Converge/Kid Kilowatt, my favorite bands of all time.

try listening to the harsh guitar sounds from their latest cd "You Fail Me"
or check out http://www.convergecult.com/
“I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to everyone who will take it.., seek knowledge from those wiser than me and try to teach those who wish to learn from me.”

― Duane Allman

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 08:10:15 PM »
this is what i've been wanting for a long time...

http://www.tonebone.com/tbone_classic.htm
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: XOTIC
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 08:17:06 PM »
Quote from: turiguiliano
kewl peds...pero pricey..BUT! i wonder how it sounds...really curious about them...availability in the market anyone?

BOSS GT8 - juggernaut. the modellers are really great. it also has the internal amp control. another feature is that you can change effects(distortions) thru your guitar's volume knob. ill post more as i explore it deeper...(naks)

curious din ako sa GT8 e..maybe its time to change my GT6 na...but im also gassing for a PODXT ahhh...

too many gears, so little money...

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: XOTIC
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 10:45:05 PM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
Quote from: turiguiliano

curious din ako sa GT8 e..maybe its time to change my GT6 na...but im also gassing for a PODXT ahhh...

too many gears, so little money...

sir, try mo po itong site: www.thestopmbox.net para makita mo po reviews ng POD xt live. for me, since i had both and sold the latter(POD xt live) coz it works well ONLY if your in variax mode(which will inclde the guitar and amp from line 6 + the ever so expensive variax cable). IMHO lang po. GT8 rules. But theres a new digitech that kewlpack is looking into and he said its awesome. cant wait to try it.  oh well. $$$$ again...but if you wanna try the gt8, lemme know and lets meet up(manila, hehe)....enjoy the site sir.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 11:36:28 PM »
im gassing for the XTL, becasue i have the Variax 600 guitar...and proven na kasi ang line 6 when it comes to recording...
salamt sa link bro.

Offline markflo

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 12:20:56 AM »
masyadong mahal at bulky yung dalawa na yan meng..hassle nga eh...naiisip ko siguro mahirap imount sa pedalboard yan kasi sobrang laki...hehehe...pero no doubt, ganda ng tone nung dalawa!

Quote from: kamots
How about the womanizer and demonizer pedals by damage control.

http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/main.htm

May video demos din. Lupet.

Offline markflo

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 12:24:41 AM »
ahh! gusto ko rin ng gt8!!! demmit!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 01:07:49 AM »
yeah..I'm trying to stay away from large effects boards.
I'm contented with single style pedals.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 02:14:28 AM »
Quote from: greasykid

Noooo!!! We can't go to the dark side!!! Resist the temptation :lol: , hehe :P .

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 02:18:04 AM »
Quote from: stratman1
Quote from: greasykid

Noooo!!! We can't go to the dark side!!! Resist the temptation :lol: , hehe :P .
Dan...check out Xotic's AC and RC Booster.....really nice.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 02:22:49 AM »
Quote from: agentx44
Sir Al posted this site last year sa kabilang forum

http://www.buildyourownclone.com

For pedal geeks (like me) who want to build their own pedals with "boutique" flavor.  :lol:  8)

These pedals are sweet!!! Hhhmmm.... :-k