hulika

Author Topic: lets talk....EFFECT PEDALS  (Read 11663 times)

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: XOTIC
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 02:24:19 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
Quote from: turiguiliano
kewl peds...pero pricey..BUT! i wonder how it sounds...really curious about them...availability in the market anyone?

BOSS GT8 - juggernaut. the modellers are really great. it also has the internal amp control. another feature is that you can change effects(distortions) thru your guitar's volume knob. ill post more as i explore it deeper...(naks)

curious din ako sa GT8 e..maybe its time to change my GT6 na...but im also gassing for a PODXT ahhh...

too many gears, so little money...

Go for GT8. Flexible in live and recording setting, IMHO, hehehe :lol: .

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
lets talk....EFFECT PEDALS
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 02:32:51 AM »
Quote from: Phil
Quote from: stratman1
Quote from: greasykid
Borderline boutique na yan e!

Noooo!!! We can't go to the dark side!!! Resist the temptation :lol: , hehe :P .
Dan...check out Xotic's AC and RC Booster.....really nice.

Looks nice. Specs nice, but will it work for you? They can write whatever they want at the end of the day your the one stuck playing it. I beleive this one is worth trying. A bit pricey, though. Also, even though they say it won't affect the integity of to original tone, there still an eq section in the pedal. Somehow I think it may still alter the original tpne. May not be that much but still colorization none the less. I want a boost that only has one knob, BOOST KNOB. Plain and simple, hehe :lol: .

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 02:48:30 AM »
I've had several boost pedals in the past, well, 2, hehe. I noticed that if you place the boost before dist you don't get the boost level effect but you get extra gain for more intense distotion. Placing the boost after the dist will give you the boost level effect but won't change the original tone. Just basically louder. Not sure if this post is appropriate for this thread but I thought I'd tell you that, hehe :lol:

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 03:04:34 AM »
I've had several boost pedals in the past, well, 2, hehe. I noticed that if you place the boost before dist you don't get the boost level effect but you get extra gain for more intense distotion. Placing the boost after the dist will give you the boost level effect but won't change the original tone. Just basically louder. Not sure if this post is appropriate for this thread but I thought I'd tell you that, hehe :lol:
di ba yung MXR micro amp , isa lang ang knob? Sabi ni Scott Henderson (sa Xotic website video)...he tried it pero ...sobrang bassy daw.....parang tube amp na sobrang attenuated pala......tapos Scott said you can't dial out the Bassiness sa MXR unlike the RC Booster.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline markflo

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 03:42:53 AM »
minsan kasi miski one knob booster lang, colored parin yung tone mo eh. like the SD pickup booster or the HAO rust booster...naisip ko maganda rin na may bass/treble controls yung booster para pwede mo i compenseate yung coloration...or ...possibly come up with some new awesome tones altogether.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 04:17:09 AM »
Quote from: markflo
minsan kasi miski one knob booster lang, colored parin yung tone mo eh. like the SD pickup booster or the HAO rust booster...naisip ko maganda rin na may bass/treble controls yung booster para pwede mo i compenseate yung coloration...or ...possibly come up with some new awesome tones altogether.

pare, might not need the boost at all. ill just get a programmable behringer something200 na dual footswitch or a boss FS6 coz may "solo" feature na yung Boss GT8. boost narinpala yun...tipid pa...hehehe...
 KUHA KA NA NG BOSS GT8 and FS6 and a whammy and your ideal wah...gandang setup na yun!!!! haha...call you in a bit...
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 06:25:28 AM »
the SD pup booster plus any of my strats.. match made in heaven! parang nagkaron ako ng additional channels.
im using it not as a volume booster, in fact lagi lang sya naka engaged...i use the newly acquired bad monkey for the volume boost now...dati SD1 with the level to 10 and distortion to zero.

naiintriga tuloy ako sa GT8... pero hinde, XTL pa rin, inlab na din ako don sa variax ko e..

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 06:40:52 AM »
di ba yung MXR micro amp , isa lang ang knob? Sabi ni Scott Henderson (sa Xotic website video)...he tried it pero ...sobrang bassy daw.....parang tube amp na sobrang attenuated pala......tapos Scott said you can't dial out the Bassiness sa MXR unlike the RC Booster.

I never had that problem with it when I was using it before. I pretty much tweak it up for lead boost. I just like the simplicity of it. I guess I'm lazy that way, hehe :lol: .

Offline af_villaruel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2006, 11:13:10 AM »
w8.. are those alexan pedals any good tonewise? i'm planning to get a booster/od kasi.  or if not, how wud u improve it? i'd like to get some reviews about it.  8)

oh and btw, id like to add? do they sell DPDTs at alexan?

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2006, 11:42:41 AM »
mga pre, dito ako sa Canada ngayon at bibili ako ng bagong effects. pero medyo limited yung budget ko kasi business trip lang ako ipinunta ko dito e.
eto pinagpipilian ko:

1. E-H Memory Man Deluxe or some other reverb (recommend kayo ng magandang alternative sa Memory Man, ang mahal e)?
2. Line 6 Echo Park Delay or BOSS DD-6?
3. Sansamp Classic/GT2 or Fulltone Fulldrive 2?
4. DigiTech Whammy or Vox V848 wah?

next week pa naman alis ko e kaya makakaikot pa ko till then. thanks!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline markflo

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2006, 01:42:56 PM »
Quote from: VenusIsle_5150
mga pre, dito ako sa Canada ngayon at bibili ako ng bagong effects. pero medyo limited yung budget ko kasi business trip lang ako ipinunta ko dito e.
eto pinagpipilian ko:

1. E-H Memory Man Deluxe or some other reverb (recommend kayo ng magandang alternative sa Memory Man, ang mahal e)?

1. Boss DD-20 you won't need any other delay...EVER!
3. Sansamp Tri AC (diba andami mo nang distortion box?)
4. Crybaby Classic! woohoo!!
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2006, 04:20:50 PM »
Quote from: af_villaruel
w8.. are those alexan pedals any good tonewise? i'm planning to get a booster/od kasi.  or if not, how wud u improve it? i'd like to get some reviews about it.  8)

oh and btw, id like to add? do they sell DPDTs at alexan?

Havent tried them all but the one I did try was decent. And you can mod them using the same principles as what's done on DS-1's and TS's. Asymetrical clip, using germanium diodes instead of silicon, or even LED's or a combination of those, changing series and shunt output resistors, increasing the values (or changing the types) of coupling capacitors etc. Each mod will have its own signature effect.

Nice thing pa about these is that you can buy many of these (so inexpensive ~ 300 pesos for a kit) and modify them differently hence having multiple similar pedals with different tonal characteristics. Then buy their aluminum case, paint it your way, put it together, have an entire pedalboard of them and...how cool is that ? Only you got that setup :D.

Still looking for DPDT's. None at Alexan or elsewhere so far. Might require me to buy a whole footswitch pedal and cannibalize. Or order from abroad.

BAMF
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline kaloyster

• GOLD MEMBER
  • Board Moderator
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »
Vox Cooltron Bulldog Distortion
"Bulakenyo"? Then join Bulacan Music Facebook Group!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2006, 05:51:04 PM »
eto pinagpipilian ko:

dd20
fulltone fulldrive2...stay away from sansamp
vox 848 wah or crybaby 535Q.....happy hunting bro 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2006, 06:17:19 PM »
If I had $300 to spare for a pedal...I'd be all over this:

"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2006, 12:41:05 AM »
Quote from: fretburner

IIMHO any single stompbox thats like over $200 is insane.....you can almost buy an amp or a guitar with that kind of money. whew.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2006, 12:45:16 AM »
eto pinagpipilian ko:

Whammy!!!

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2006, 12:51:34 AM »

IIMHO any single stompbox thats like over $200 is insane.....you can almost buy an amp or a guitar with that kind of money. whew.

That you looks freakin' cool! 2 channel rhythm/lead switchable, tube/s, Need to try that. Wonder if Guitar Center has that, hhmm... :-k . Well, theres one way to find out, :lol: .

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2006, 01:10:20 AM »

That you looks freakin' cool! 2 channel rhythm/lead switchable, tube/s, Need to try that. Wonder if Guitar Center has that, hhmm... :-k . Well, theres one way to find out, :lol: .
Dan...try mo rin AC Booster don....post mo findings....btw....may Mogami cables kaya sila?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2006, 02:48:06 AM »
Eto ayaw nyo ? Mga bandang 1 thousand pesos lang hehehe. Kung kayo ang gagawa of course :D. 1 channel, 2-stage 12AX7 preamp tube overdrive with Marshall tone stack, asymetrical solid state clip stage. :D.

Offline markflo

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2006, 02:56:03 AM »
may mogami ang guitar center meng! pero george l's nalang! woohoo!

Dan...try mo rin AC Booster don....post mo findings....btw....may Mogami cables kaya sila?

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2006, 04:50:50 AM »

People are raving about this pedal... they say it transforms your Fender Twin into a 3-channel monster! I believe this is exactly what the pedal was made for: turn single channel amps to 3 channels.

Btw, it has military spec tubes... they're not supposed to die :)

Also, they say this pedal works beautifully with the SD pickup booster (SFX-1)...i think they have a demo video of this at the winter namm with the setup: SFX-1 --> SFX-3 --> SFX-1.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2006, 08:26:48 AM »
Quote from: BAMF
Eto ayaw nyo ? Mga bandang 1 thousand pesos lang hehehe. Kung kayo ang gagawa of course :D. 1 channel, 2-stage 12AX7 preamp tube overdrive with Marshall tone stack, asymetrical solid state clip stage. :D.

tell me more bro...footswitches ba yung apat o knobs?
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2006, 12:36:00 AM »
Knobs yan bro. Treble, mid and bass, yung pang-apat is clip level. :D .

Prototype lang naman and for my personal use so...:D.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2006, 09:52:53 AM »
thanks guys! i just got a Memory Man Deluxe, Vox V848 (walang Whammy badtrip!) and a Radial Bigshot EFX Loop Switcher. medyo mura dito yung Radial kasi made in Canada rin daw yun. any feedback on the loop switcher guys? di ko pa kasi nagagamit to e, i just got it to try it out although next week pa ko makakabalik sa pinas hehe
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20