hulika

Author Topic: Random PDX pics  (Read 2114 times)

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« on: May 02, 2006, 12:34:14 PM »
Welp, this is a little late coming but I had to decompress a little bit after an intense guitar week in Portland.

This is so cool, the marquee outside the Portland Classic Guitar Store. heheh    :D    Had a small audience but they were very appreciative and attentive. I enjoyed playing for them

Here's something you don't see everyday! My friend Karla owns this 20 string harp guitar, set up John Doan style. It's a great instrument and very fun to play.

Playing for Scott Kritzer in the Classical Guitar Immersion event. Scott is a wonderful teacher and a terrific player! He studied with Michael Lorimer and Aaron Shearer back in the day and I feel he's the perfect combination of performer and academic teacher. I learned a lot from him in all areas of technique, stage presence and performance. Visit his site at    http://www.scottkritzer.com  

I got to play a bunch of guitars on this trip: Alan Perlman, Woodley White, Bob and Orville Milburn, Cyndy Burton, Richard Prenkert, Gil Carnal, Dan Biasca... all very nice guitars.

But the highlight of this trip guitar-wise is meeting Jeff Elliot. While this was taken at the Handmade Instrument show, I had actually met him and Cyndy Burton a couple of days earlier and we've spent quite a bit of time talking guitars and stuff. What a great man and a great builder. I also had the great fortune to play not one but five  Jeff Elliott guitars (4 classicals, 1 steel string) of different vintages. I now understand why he is considered one of the best builders in the world, those guitars are absolutely awesome! The absolute best I've played so far.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics!

Cheers,
PERF DE CASTRO
   http://www.perfdecastro.com

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 12:37:13 PM »
Badass! You have come a long way from the rockstar I've used to watch on Philippine TV.

Offline jun_gats

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 12:38:14 PM »
Iba ka talaga idol! galing mo! :D

Offline tony2tone

• Veteran Member
Random PDX pics
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 12:56:29 PM »
I am amazed at how u can plat a guitar wid so many strings and configurations, ang galing parang the guitar is too much for me, ano kaya ang tunog nyan or tuning ?  :lol:  :lol:  pasensya na I can play classical guitar pero never imagined na pwede pala yung ganyan.  8)

The Blues is the Roots, everything else is the Fruits.-Willie Dixon

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
Awesome, Perf. We're very proud of you! :-)

Sana share more of your 10 string work here para marining nila.  I thoroughly enjoyed your arrangement Silent Night that you emailed a few years ago.

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 03:31:20 PM »
Ton, Jun, BP,

Salamat sa posts! :D

Quote from: deltaslim
Awesome, Perf. We're very proud of you! :-)

Sana share more of your 10 string work here para marining nila.  I thoroughly enjoyed your arrangement Silent Night that you emailed a few years ago.

Thanks, Joric! ;)

Yung classical recordings ko nasa Soundclick:

http://www.soundclick.com/perfdecastro

Cheers!

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 05:24:42 PM »
ASTEEG talaga!

more success Perf!

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Random PDX pics
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 06:22:35 PM »
wow, that 20-string guitar looks badass... hirap siguro tugtugin nun, pero walang wala sa inyo sir. God bless pa sa future endeavors sir Perf, ipakita ang galing ng Pinoy! :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 03:41:47 AM »
Wow! Pics are nice!

...and the songs far better. :D

i love your music sir Perf! :D
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline Perf_De_Castro

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 01:09:32 PM »
Mucho salamats, mga brad!

Request lang, drop the "sir".

Di pa ako knighted hwehehehehhhee...hehe..he.... korni  :oops:

Offline kawal

• Philmusicus Addictus
Random PDX pics
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 02:39:32 PM »
oks yan perf! proud to be pinoy! :D