hulika

Author Topic: Blink 182 - new album: California  (Read 5441 times)

Offline astro_cigarette

Blink 182 - new album: California
« on: July 04, 2016, 03:34:03 PM »
Hello mga Blink 182 fans, meron na ba dito nakadinig ng bagong album ng Blink 182 (California)?

New lineup sila with Alkaline Trio's Matt Skiba replacing Tom Delonge full time.

First impressions - based from early songs released on Youtube:

1. Songs are catchy and anthemic so far
2. For Tom fans, his influence is greatly missed based sa 3 songs released in Youtube
3. The Skiba presence is like a breath of fresh air for die hard fans - more of a sign that the band is ready to move on from Tom, at least in this album

Overall, mukhang okay naman so far ung released songs in Youtube, and looking forward to hearing the whole album when it comes.

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Blink 182 - new album: California
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:31:25 AM »
Ok lang, sabi nila tunog 2001 blink182 pero i dissagree, iba parin yung may tom delonge touch on guitar and vocals. Not a bad album pero not that great din, doesnt sound like the blunk182 i grew up listening with.
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline akoposimarck

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 04:52:14 AM »
my 2 cents in regards to the California album by Blink:

1.) +44's "When your heart stops beating" album is much better than this album.
2.) California is by far greater than the recent releases they had after the reunion. (c'mon, don't tell me you liked Tom's AVA singing style with Blink. Iba padin yung angst ng boses nya from carousel to Feeling This)
3.) Matt Skiba did well in this album. Okay naman yung boses nya even if they're playing Blink classics like Carousel, All the small things and etc.
4.) Bored to Death is the perfect single for this album. Feels like 00s again.
5.) The generic crappy punk rock style of Blink was given a 're-design' thanks to the maturity of the lyrics.
6.) Matt Skiba is a great singer but Tom is a better guitar player. (Compare live videos of the old Blink and the new Blink and you'll know what I'm talking about.)

It's nothing like Neighborhoods album or the self-titled album. Kung baga, it has its own "special place" in the hearts of the fans considering the new line up and without Tom's annoying AVA singing style. (We want the old Tom back!! LOL.)
thedarksideofthemoon.jpg

Offline strike

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 07:19:29 PM »
california album was released july 2016,, i do listening to this lalo na bored to death,,, the lyrics is much matured and different than the past blink 182 albums except neighborhoods 2011,,,  tom was replaced by matt skibba from alkaline trio also my favorite band,,  for me mas maganda parin boses ni tom,,,,