hulika

Author Topic: ONE PHOTO... ONE STORY...  (Read 26308 times)

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
ONE PHOTO... ONE STORY...
« on: January 12, 2010, 04:01:04 PM »
Kindly post a photo and tell us something about it...

note: One photo a day lang ah... and don't forget to put a nice story behind it...

let's keep the thread clean, meaningful, and informative...  :-D

let me start...

brothers in arms...

papunta kame sa Durma (SAUDI) when we saw these guys riding a 4x4 pickup truck... it was a weekend and i guess these guys were searching for desert foxes... they approached us and said...

Kamusta ka kabayan?  :lol:

i got nervous at first coz i though they're goona shoot us...  :lol:

after that, they started "posing" to have their pictures taken... 'cool'

and so that's it... On to the next story...  :lol:

Offline ian_zone

Re: ONE PHOTO... ONE STORY...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 04:15:29 PM »
Here's from a shoot I made recently with WCOPA 2009 Grand Champion Senior Vocalist of the World Kimverly Molina.

got a call from a friend that she's back in KSA and wanted to do a photo shoot to use as album art for her new album. there were 2 other photog friends assigned to shoot so i wasn't really in the mood. i like working alone :-D so i just told them i would just do the lighting. at the end of the shoot i managed to take 10 frames before we called it a wrap.

here is one that i liked:

Kim's ASAP guesting:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLGnfDJDlnM

amazing performer!

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 04:21:39 PM »
@ian: thanks for sharing... she's a real beauty... her singing and looks  :-D

to others: let's not quote pics para "clean" ang thread...

waiting for your share guys...  :-D

Offline ian_zone

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 04:31:53 PM »
@ gainsucker,

you're lucky you encountered friendly Bedouins. nice shot btw.

itchybrain

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 06:54:30 PM »
Ahhh.. This is one of the most interesting threads. Great concept, great story and great pics, guys.

Here's mine.

This picture was taken about 4 years ago and was shooting faces for a make up artist's portfolio in her school. The model, the name I forgot, was too shy to pose for the camera coz she's not a pro and said she's just a friend of the make up artist. I told my gaffer to tell her funny stories first while I take pictures without her knowing it. And, tadaaa! The most candid of the bunch. One of my faves too.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 07:04:11 PM »
damang dama ko tawa nya bro... :lol:  it's like she's here laughing, about something...  :lol:

i wonder how she looks though... hmmm interesting  :-D

dalang dala ang emosyon... APIR... kudos bro  :-D

itchybrain

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:11:40 PM »
damang dama ko tawa nya bro... :lol:  it's like she's here laughing, about something...  :lol:

i wonder how she looks though... hmmm interesting  :-D

dalang dala ang emosyon... APIR... kudos bro  :-D

Apir! Isa lang masasabi ko, tol: Mabait yang taong yan. Sobra.  :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:36:31 PM »
Apir! Isa lang masasabi ko, tol: Mabait yang taong yan. Sobra.  :-D

hmmm... another story then... bukas  :lol:

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »

went to a place they call "Edge of the World" here in KSA... and if you've seen it in person, you'll know why...

dito sa SAUDI, madalang ang ULAP, halos walang ulap for the entire year, either bluish white lang, or off white... masaya na kame pag may ulap... so if you look at the horizon, parang nawawala ang dako pa roon.... 

now on to the story...

Will you dare do that stunt? his name is Eric, one of the few members of KATUTUBO Photography club here... he's one of the brave souls to sit on that edge... a mild breeze of air can easily send this guy to his death... asked him what was he thinking that time... he said "nilalabanan ko lang takot ko i just put all my trust to god to protect me.."

that struck me and made me question my faith... i guess nothing is impossible if you PUT your life under God's control...

will i do it? hmmmm ... i'm still scared...  :lol:

itchybrain

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 09:02:05 PM »
^ Ay laveeettt!!!  :-) I hearts your foto!

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 01:53:20 AM »
^ Ay laveeettt!!!  :-) I hearts your foto!

thanks for reading bro... masaya mag share... waiting for the others to post... wag na mahiya  :lol:

Offline dely

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 09:59:05 AM »

streetman

naglalakadlakad lang ako nun around manila, galing hidalgo. lumayo ako sa maraming tao, agaw pansin kasi pag may camera at mag isa ka lang. sobrang init tirik ang araw. hangang sa makasalubong ko tong si manong. dalawa lang kami sa tulay. medyo kabado ako, kasi 2 nga lang kami what if..... just to break the fear, kinunan ko na lang sya ng picture at parang sya ung natakot or nahiya :-D camera shy pala sya :-D :-D

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 04:14:13 PM »

Went to Eco Park last December '09, eto ang pinaka-mahirap na subject (so far) na nakunan ko. Hinabol-habol ko pa ito & I think this the best shot I have of it.

Offline cradleofklien

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 02:22:39 AM »
Pa share din ako dito.. hehehe. anyway this photo ay part ng photo a day ko sa facebook and 365project.org. everyday kelangan ko mag isip ng concept and hasain ang mata ko. kasi bilang photographer kelangan matalim ang mata natin sa bagay bagay. anyway biglaan ko kasi napansin yung florescent light namin sa kusina. parang medjo may pagka crystallized look sha so di na ko nag atubili at kinuhaan ko sha. hehehe wala lang..  :lol:

« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 02:25:26 AM by cradleofklien »

Offline rennell

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »
Pa share din ako dito.. hehehe. anyway this photo ay part ng photo a day ko sa facebook and 365project.org. everyday kelangan ko mag isip ng concept and hasain ang mata ko. kasi bilang photographer kelangan matalim ang mata natin sa bagay bagay. anyway biglaan ko kasi napansin yung florescent light namin sa kusina. parang medjo may pagka crystallized look sha so di na ko nag atubili at kinuhaan ko sha. hehehe wala lang..  :lol:

nice abstract! galing!  :-)

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2010, 06:18:01 PM »
one day at the gun range..

I was invited by my long time friend today at his club competition at the gun range. I used to like guns but later found out that I don't. He let me fired a few rounds. I remember I used to love this thing way back in the 80s... when my Dad was still alive. I guess when my Dad died, that interest also died. This pic is inspired by spaghetti western I used to watch when I was a kid..like the Good, Bad , and the Ugly, High Noon, and many more.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 06:22:21 PM by Phil »
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

itchybrain

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 06:41:08 PM »

Man, you're good. I'm not worthy..*nakaluhod at sumasamba*  :-D

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2010, 07:46:54 PM »
SALI!  :-D

heto, ininvite ako ng isa kong kaibigan sa bahay nila, photographer siya, at that time ako naman ang walang dalang camera, so pinahiram niya muna ako. nakuha ko to sa rooftop nila habang naghahanap ako ng subjects. Oks lang ba may watermark dito? Tinanggal ko yung watermark nito eh.

encasing the light

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 08:06:42 PM by progressive_pilipinas »
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline cradleofklien

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »
nice abstract! galing!  :-)

haha thanks bro!

Man, you're good. I'm not worthy..*nakaluhod at sumasamba*  :-D

aw sir itchy kayo niyo din lahat yang ganyan. florescent light lang yan.. hehehe  :lol:

anyway share ko ngayong araw nato.. tamang tama sa tema dahil araw ni senyor sto.nino ngayon..  :roll:

itchybrain

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2010, 08:54:56 PM »
one day at the gun range..

I was invited by my long time friend today at his club competition at the gun range. I used to like guns but later found out that I don't. He let me fired a few rounds. I remember I used to love this thing way back in the 80s... when my Dad was still alive. I guess when my Dad died, that interest also died. This pic is inspired by spaghetti western I used to watch when I was a kid..like the Good, Bad , and the Ugly, High Noon, and many more.

Touching story, Phil. I remember my dad. It hit the spot.

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 12:42:31 AM »
thanks to phil, itchybrain, cradleofklien, progressive_pilipinas, dely, kurtcobainer... keep on posting...  :-D

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 12:53:09 AM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reverse_projection/4241682864/

my first time to travel outside Riyadh with my new friends and met one of the members of the club, Reia... was shy to ask permission to take a picture of her since it was my first time to meet her....so i just took one without her knowing it...  :lol:

Offline michiko.airashii

• i'm a girl
  • Prime Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 01:11:34 AM »
^^Woah! i love the texture of the mountains ba yun? Hehe!

Sali ako!

Took this during our company christmas party, it was my first time to watch and see Bamboo live, i was so overwhelmed and fired away pero sobrang likot nya, hirap kunan ng maayos. Finally he sat down, he sang a mellow song and rested. God knows how happy i am because i was able to take a few decent shots!

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 01:26:58 AM »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/reverse_projection/4241682864/

my first time to travel outside Riyadh with my new friends and met one of the members of the club, Reia... was shy to ask permission to take a picture of her since it was my first time to meet her....so i just took one without her knowing it...  :lol:

you always have beautiful pics of the dessert. Here in California, have to travel far to get to it. I don't like it though. I hate it...rattle snakes, scorpions, plus the ungodly heat.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline gainsucker

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 01:42:12 AM »
you always have beautiful pics of the dessert. Here in California, have to travel far to get to it. I don't like it though. I hate it...rattle snakes, scorpions, plus the ungodly heat.

scary... haha...

we have no choice but to go out of Riyadh... we are not allowed to shoot in the city... they'll put us in jail...  :-D

and thanks...

what i can say is try to bring your cam wherever you go... you will never know what might come... it's better to be ready all the time...  :-D

show us pics of the beach, and all those beautiful women out there  :-D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:48:58 AM by gainsucker »